Energy Policy and Regional Inequalities in the Brazilian Economy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Santos, Gervasio F. & Haddad, Eduardo A. & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 2013. "Energy policy and regional inequalities in the Brazilian economy," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 241-255.
- Gervasio Ferreira Dos Santos & Eduardo A. Haddad & Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2011. "Energy Policy And Regional Inequalitiesin The Brasilian Economy," Anais do XXXVIII Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 38th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 091, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Gervásio F. Santos & Eduardo A. Haddad, Geoffrey J. D. Hewings, 2011. "Energy Policy and Regional Inequalities in the Brazilian Economy," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2011_09, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
References listed on IDEAS
- P Nijkamp, 1983. "Regional dimensions of energy scarcity," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 1(2), pages 179-192, April.
- Ramos-Real, Francisco Javier & Tovar, Beatriz & Iootty, Mariana & de Almeida, Edmar Fagundes & Pinto Jr., Helder Queiroz, 2009.
"The evolution and main determinants of productivity in Brazilian electricity distribution 1998-2005: An empirical analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 298-305, March.
- Francisco J. Ramos-Real & Beatriz Tovar & Mariana Iootty & Edmar Fagundes de Almeida & Helder Jr. Queiroz Pinto, 2008. "The evolution and main determinants of productivity in Brazilian electricity distribution 1998-2005: an empirical analysis," Working Papers 2008-41, FEDEA.
- Krugman, Paul, 1980. "Scale Economies, Product Differentiation, and the Pattern of Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 950-959, December.
- Haddad, Eduardo A. & Hewings, Geoffrey J.D., 2005. "Market imperfections in a spatial economy: some experimental results," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 476-496, May.
- Faini, Riccardo, 1984. "Increasing Returns, Non-Traded Inputs and Regional Development," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(374), pages 308-323, June.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Nijkamp, Peter, 1980. "Energy problems and regional development : Editorial note," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 299-301, August.
- Richard Baldwin & Rikard Forslid & Philippe Martin & Gianmarco Ottaviano & Frederic Robert-Nicoud, 2005.
"Economic Geography and Public Policy,"
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 7524.
- Richard Baldwin & Rikard Forslid & Philippe Martin & Gianmarco Ottaviano & Frederic Robert Nicoud, 2003. "Economic Geography and Public Policy," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00179815, HAL.
- Beatriz Tovar & Francisco Javier Ramos-Real & Edmar Fagundes de Almeida, 2009. "Productivity evolution and Scale effects in Brazilian Electricity Distribution Industry. Evidence from 1998-2005 period," Economic Reports 04-09, FEDEA.
- Carlos R. Azzoni, 2001. "Economic growth and regional income inequality in Brazil," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(1), pages 133-152.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1996.
"Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(2), pages 341-359, May.
- Anthony J. Venables, 1993. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," CEP Discussion Papers dp0137, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Venables, Anthony J, 1993. "Equilibrium Locations of Vertically Linked Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 802, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nijkamp, Peter & Perrels, Adriaan, 1988.
"Impacts of electricity rates on industrial location,"
Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 107-116, April.
- Nijkamp, P. & Perrels, A., 1985. "Impacts of electricity rates on industrial location," Serie Research Memoranda 0002, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1971. "CRESH Production Functions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(5), pages 695-712, September.
- T. R. Lakshmanan, 1981. "Regional Growth and Energy Determinants: Implications for the Future," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 1-24.
- Philip D. Adams & Mark Horridge & Glyn Wittwer, 2003. "MMRF-GREEN: A Dynamic Multi-Regional Applied General Equilibrium Model of the Australian Economy, Based on the MMR and MONASH Models," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-140, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ferreira, Pedro Guilherme Costa & Oliveira, Fernando Luiz Cyrino & Souza, Reinaldo Castro, 2015. "The stochastic effects on the Brazilian Electrical Sector," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 328-335.
- Daglish, Toby & de Braganca, Gabriel & Owen, Sally & Romano, Teresa, 2015. "Electricity Market Operation: Transitioning from a Free Market to a Single Buyer structure: An econometric analysis of the Brazilian case using a Two-State Markov Switching Model," Working Paper Series 4181, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Ben Abdallah, Khaled & Belloumi, Mounir & De Wolf, Daniel, 2015. "International comparisons of energy and environmental efficiency in the road transport sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P2), pages 2087-2101.
- Balta-Ozkan, Nazmiye & Watson, Tom & Mocca, Elisabetta, 2015. "Spatially uneven development and low carbon transitions: Insights from urban and regional planning," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 500-510.
More about this item
- P25 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Urban, Rural, and Regional Economics
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2012-07-29 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2012-07-29 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2012-07-29 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa10p157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .