Low-Tech Innovation in a High-Tech Environment? The Food Industry in the Metropolitan Region of Vienna
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Javier Revilla DIEZ, 2002. "Metropolitan Innovation Systems: A Comparison between Barcelona, Stockholm, and Vienna," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 25(1), pages 63-85, January.
- Hartmut Hirsch-Kreinsen, 2008. "“Low-Tech” Innovations," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 19-43.
- Arias-Aranda, Daniel & Romerosa-Martínez, M. Mercedes, 2010. "Innovation in the functional foods industry in a peripheral region of the European Union: Andalusia (Spain)," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 240-246, June.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Michaela Trippl & Franz Todtling, 2007. "Developing Biotechnology Clusters in Non-high Technology Regions—The Case of Austria," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 47-67.
- Paola Bertolini & Enrico Giovannetti, 2006. "Industrial districts and internationalization: the case of the agri-food industry in Modena, Italy," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 279-304, July.
- J. Rajendran Pandian & Paul L. Robertson, 2003. "Introduction," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(4), pages 241-243.
- Robertson, Paul L. & Patel, Parimal R., 2007. "New wine in old bottles: Technological diffusion in developed economies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 708-721, June.
- Maarten H. Batterink & Emiel F.M. Wubben & Laurens Klerkx & S.W.F. (Onno) Omta, 2010. "Orchestrating innovation networks: The case of innovation brokers in the agri-food sector," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 47-76, January.
- Karantininis, Kostas & Sauer, Johannes & Furtan, William Hartley, 2010. "Innovation and integration in the agri-food industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 112-120, April.
- Kubitzki, Sabine & Anders, Sven M., 2005. "Branchenspezifische Besonderheiten im Innovationsverhalten des ErnÃ¤hrungsgewerbes: Eine empirische Analyse des Mannheimer Innovationspanels," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 54(2).
- Taylor, C. Robert & Johnson, Stanley R. & Reichelderfer, Katherine H., 1993. "Introduction," Staff General Research Papers Archive 889, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Heidenreich, Martin, 2009. "Innovation patterns and location of European low- and medium-technology industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 483-494, April.
- Menrad, K., 2004. "Innovations in the food industry in Germany," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6-7), pages 845-878, September.
- Michaela Trippl & Franz Tödtling & Lukas Lengauer, 2009. "Knowledge Sourcing Beyond Buzz and Pipelines: Evidence from the Vienna Software Sector," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 85(4), pages 443-462, October.
- W. Bruce Traill & Matthew Meulenberg, 2001. "Innovation in the food industry," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(1), pages 1-21.
- Riccardo Cappellin & Rüdiger Wink, 2009. "International Knowledge and Innovation Networks," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13503.
- Trippl, Michaela & Todtling, Franz, 2008. "From the Ivory Tower to the Marketplace: Knowledge Organisations in the Development of Biotechnology Clusters," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 38(2).
- Xavier Gellynck & Bert Vermeire & Jacques Viaene, 2007. "Innovation in food firms: contribution of regional networks within the international business context," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 209-226, May.
- Todtling, Franz & Trippl, Michaela, 2005. "One size fits all?: Towards a differentiated regional innovation policy approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1203-1219, October.
- Hauknes, Johan & Knell, Mark, 2009. "Embodied knowledge and sectoral linkages: An input-output approach to the interaction of high- and low-tech industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 459-469, April.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-07-29 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-07-29 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2012-07-29 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2012-07-29 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-SBM-2012-07-29 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2012-07-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa10p133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .