Health And Socio-Economic Inequalities In The European Union
The aim of this paper is to analyse socio-economic inequalities in the European Union and their influence on health care. The empirical analysis is based mainly on data from the European Community Household Panel which contains data homogeneous across European Union countries and make comparisons possible. In addition, the functional form of the relationship between income and health, considering the impact of socioeconomic status among individuals whose medical needs are similar, is studied.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kidd, Michael P. & Sloane, Peter J. & Ferko, Ivan, 2000.
"Disability and the labour market: an analysis of British males,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 961-981, November.
- Michael P. Kidd & Peter J. Sloane & Ivan Ferko, 1998. "Disability and the Labour Market: an analysis of British males," Working Papers 98-10, Department of Economics, University of Aberdeen.
- Franco Peracchi, 2002. "The European Community Household Panel: A review," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 63-90.
- Lechner, Michael & Vazquez-Alvarez, Rosalia, 2003.
"The Effect of Disability on Labour Market Outcomes in Germany: Evidence from Matching,"
IZA Discussion Papers
967, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Lechner & Rosalia Vazquez-Alvarez, 2003. "The Effect of Disability on Labour Market Outcomes in Germany: Evidence from Matching," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2003 2003-20, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Lechner, Michael & Vazquez-Alvarez, Rosalia, 2004. "The Effect of Disability on Labour Market Outcomes in Germany: Evidence from Matching," CEPR Discussion Papers 4223, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew Jones & Owen O'Donnell, "undated".
"Equivalence Scales and the Costs of Disability,"
94/12, Department of Economics, University of York.
- : Marta Pascual Sáez & : José María Sarabia Alegría, "undated". "Análisis De La Distribución De La Renta A Partir De Funciones De Cuantiles: Robustez Y Sensibilidad De Los Resultados Frente A Escalas De Equivalencia," Working Papers 1-03 Classification-JEL :, Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Gannon, Brenda & Nolan, Brian, 2003. "Disability and Labour Market Participation," Papers HRBWP04, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Wolfe, Barbara L., 1984. "Measuring disability and health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 187-193, August.
- Andrew M Jones & Xander Koolman & Nigel Rice, 2005. "Health-related non-response in the BHPS and ECHP: using inverse probability weighted estimators in nonlinear models," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 05/05, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa05p555. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.