Recent Development of Municipal Finance in Selected European Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Worthington, Andrew C & Dollery, Brian E, 1998.
"The Political Determination of Intergovernmental Grants in Australia,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(3-4), pages 299-315, March.
- Andrew Worthington & Brian Dollery, 1998. "The political determination of intergovernmental grants in Australia," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(3), pages 299-315, March.
- Bev Dahlby, 1996. "Fiscal externalities and the design of intergovernmental grants," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 3(3), pages 397-412, July.
- Jan Tinbergen, 1961. "The Spatial Dispersion of Production : A Hypothesis," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 97(IV), pages 412-419, December.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Shah, Anwar & DEC, 1994. "A fiscal needs approach to equalization transfers in a decentralized federation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1289, The World Bank.
- Anwar Shah, 2014.
"Fiscal federalism and macroeconomic governance : for better or for worse?,"
Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 15(1), pages 200-240, May.
- Shah, Anwar, 1998. "Fiscal federalism and macroeconomic governance : for better or for worse?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2005, The World Bank.
- Anwar Shah, 2008. "Fiscal federalism and macroeconomic governance : for better or for worse?," CEMA Working Papers 584, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1971. "Pricing in Public and Private Enterprises: Electric Utilities in the United States," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 109-147, April.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1961. "An Economic Theory of Fiscal Decentralization," NBER Chapters, in: Public Finances: Needs, Sources, and Utilization, pages 79-96, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. A. Pechenskaya, 2019. "Budget Potential of Municipal Entities: Assessment and Directions for Development (on the Example of Vologda Oblast)," Studies on Russian Economic Development, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 453-461, July.
- Skauronė, Laima & Miceikienė, Astrida & Krikštolaitis, Ričardas, 2020. "The Impact of Fiscal Policy Measures on the Financial Autonomy of Rural Municipalities: Case of Lithuania," Proceedings of the ENTRENOVA - ENTerprise REsearch InNOVAtion Conference (2020), Virtual Conference, in: Proceedings of the ENTRENOVA - ENTerprise REsearch InNOVAtion Conference, Virtual Conference, 10-12 September 2020, pages 157-172, IRENET - Society for Advancing Innovation and Research in Economy, Zagreb.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chang Woon Nam & Rüdiger Parsche, 2001. "Municipal Finance in Poland, the Slovak Republic, the Czech Republic and Hungary: Institutional Framework and Recent Development," CESifo Working Paper Series 447, CESifo.
- Peter Friedrich & Anita Dehne & Chang Woon Nam & Anita Kaltschuetz, 2004. "Significance and Determination of Fees for Municipal Finance," CESifo Working Paper Series 1357, CESifo.
- Emanuele Bracco & Alberto Brugnoli, 2012. "Runoff vs. plurality," Working Papers 23767067, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Melle Marco C., 2014. "Eine europäische Bemessungsgrundlage für die Körperschaftsteuer? Konzeption und ordnungsökonomische Analyse / Conceptual design and constitutional economics analysis of a European tax base for corpora," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 65(1), pages 133-156, January.
- Bhavnani, Rikhil R. & Lacina, Bethany, 2017. "Fiscal Federalism at Work? Central Responses to Internal Migration in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 236-248.
- Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2014. "Fiscal Decentralization - a Survey of the Empirical Literature," MPRA Paper 59889, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jorge Martínez Vázquez & Robert M. McNab, 2006.
"Fiscal decentralization, macrostability and growth,"
Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 179(4), pages 25-49, September.
- Jorge Martínez-Vázquez & Robert M. McNab, "undated". "Fiscal Decentralization, Macrostability And Growth," Working Papers 11-03 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Maria Balaguer-Coll & Diego Prior & Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2010. "Decentralization and efficiency of local government," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 45(3), pages 571-601, December.
- De Borger, Bruno & Proost, Stef, 2012.
"Transport policy competition between governments: A selective survey of the literature,"
Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 35-48.
- DE BORGER, Bruno & PROOST, Stef, 2012. "Transport policy competition between governments: A selective survey of the literature," Working Papers 2012014, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Boadway, Robin & Tremblay, Jean-François, 2012. "Reassessment of the Tiebout model," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(11), pages 1063-1078.
- Thomas Aronsson & Sören Blomquist & Luca Micheletto, 2010. "Where Should the Elderly Live and Who Should Pay for Their Care?," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 112(2), pages 289-314, June.
- Robin Boadway, 2001. "Inter-Governmental Fiscal Relations: The Facilitator of Fiscal Decentralization," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 93-121, June.
- Jin, Hehui & Qian, Yingyi & Weingast, Barry R., 2005.
"Regional decentralization and fiscal incentives: Federalism, Chinese style,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(9-10), pages 1719-1742, September.
- Hehui Jin & Yingyi Qian & Barry Weingast, 1999. "Regional Decentralization and Fiscal Incentives: Federalism, Chinese Style," Working Papers 99013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Robin Boadway & Katherine Cuff, 2017.
"The impressive contribution of Canadian economists to fiscal federalism theory and policy,"
Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1348-1380, December.
- Robin Boadway & Katherine Cuff, 2017. "The impressive contribution of Canadian economists to fiscal federalism theory and policy," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 50(5), pages 1348-1380, December.
- Jorge Barrientos-Marín & Juan Felipe Quintero-Vanegas & Manuela Mendoza-Jaramillo, 2020. "On the determinants of fiscal sustainability of municipalities in Colombia. The case of Antioquia, 2008-2017," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 92, pages 173-200, Enero-Jun.
- Marciano, Alain, 2011. "Buchanan on externalities: An exercise in applied subjectivism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 280-289.
- Charles B. Blankart, 2002. "Steuern als Preise - Eine finanzwissenschaftliche Untersuchung mit einer Anwendung auf die EU-Zinsbesteuerung," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 138(I), pages 19-38, March.
- Andrea Filippetti & Agnese Sacchi, 2016. "Decentralization and economic growth reconsidered: The role of regional authority," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 34(8), pages 1793-1824, December.
- Maxime Desmarais-Tremblay, 2014.
"On the Definition of Public Goods. Assessing Richard A. Musgrave's contribution,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
14004, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Maxime Desmarais-Tremblay, 2014. "On the Definition of Public Goods. Assessing Richard A. Musgrave's contribution," Post-Print halshs-00951577, HAL.
- Maxime Desmarais-Tremblay, 2014. "On the Definition of Public Goods. Assessing Richard A. Musgrave's contribution," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00951577, HAL.
- Chang Woon Nam & RÃ¼diger Parsche, 2001. "Municipal Finance in Poland, the Slovak Republic, the Czech Republic and Hungary: Problems and Prospects," ERSA conference papers ersa01p162, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
Keywordsfiscal decentralisation; local expenditures and taxes; shared taxes; intergovernmental transfers; municipal borrowings; poland; the uk; switzerland; germany;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2005-11-09 (European Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2005-11-09 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2005-11-09 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2005-11-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa04p288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Gunther Maier (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.