Monetary Policy and Asset Price Volatility: Should We Refill the Bernanke-Gertler Prescription?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adam Posen, 2003. "It Takes More Than a Bubble to Become Japan," RBA Annual Conference Volume (Discontinued), in: Anthony Richards & Tim Robinson (ed.),Asset Prices and Monetary Policy, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Adam S. Posen, 2006. "Why Central Banks Should Not Burst Bubbles," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 109-124, May.
- Leonardo Gambacorta, 2009. "Monetary policy and the risk-taking channel," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Tim Robinson & Andrew Stone, 2006.
"Monetary Policy, Asset-Price Bubbles, and the Zero Lower Bound,"
NBER Chapters, in: Monetary Policy with Very Low Inflation in the Pacific Rim, pages 43-90,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tim Robinson & Andrew Stone, 2005. "Monetary Policy, Asset-Price Bubbles and the Zero Lower Bound," NBER Working Papers 11105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tim Robinson & Andrew Stone, 2005. "Monetary Policy, Asset-price Bubbles and the Zero Lower Bound," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2005-04, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Marek Jarocinski & Frank Smets, 2008. "House prices and the stance of monetary policy," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 90(Jul), pages 339-366.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Joshua D. Gottlieb & Joseph Gyourko, 2012. "Can Cheap Credit Explain the Housing Boom?," NBER Chapters, in: Housing and the Financial Crisis, pages 301-359, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen M. Reinhart and Vincent R. Reinhart, 2011.
"Limits of Monetary Policy in Theory and Practice,"
Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 31(3), pages 427-439, Fall.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Vincent Reinhart, 2011. "Pride Goes Before a Fall: Federal Reserve Policy and Asset Markets," NBER Working Papers 16815, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti & Hans Genberg & Sushil Wadhwani, 2002. "Asset Prices in a Flexible Inflation Targeting Framework," NBER Working Papers 8970, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Refet S Gürkaynak & Brian Sack & Eric Swanson, 2005.
"Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements,"
International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 1(1), May.
- Refet Gürkaynak & Brian P. Sack & Eric T. Swanson, 2004. "Do actions speak louder than words? the response of asset prices to monetary policy actions and statements," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-66, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gurkaynak, Refet S & Sack, Brian & Swanson, Eric T, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," MPRA Paper 820, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Refet Gurkaynak & Brian Sack & Eric Swanson, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder than Words? The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," Macroeconomics 0504013, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Refet GÃ¼rkaynak & Brian Sack, 2005. "Do Actions Speak Louder Than Words?The Response of Asset Prices to Monetary Policy Actions and Statements," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 323, Society for Computational Economics.
- Bill Dupor, 2002. "The Natural Rate of Q," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(2), pages 96-101, May.
- Campbell, Sean D. & Davis, Morris A. & Gallin, Joshua & Martin, Robert F., 2009. "What moves housing markets: A variance decomposition of the rent-price ratio," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 90-102, September.
- Charles R. Bean, 2004. "Asset Prices, Financial Instability, and Monetary Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 14-18, May.
- Del Negro, Marco & Otrok, Christopher, 2007. "99 Luftballons: Monetary policy and the house price boom across U.S. states," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(7), pages 1962-1985, October.
- Michael D. Bordo & David C. Wheelock, 1998. "Price stability and financial stability: the historical record," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 41-62.
- Dupor, Bill, 2005. "Stabilizing non-fundamental asset price movements under discretion and limited information," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 727-747, May.
- Jane K. Dokko & Brian M. Doyle & Skander J. van den Heuvel & Michael T. Kiley & Jinill Kim & Shane M. Sherlund & Jae W. Sim, 2009. "Monetary policy and the housing bubble," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2009-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ravn SÃ¸ren Hove, 2012.
"Has the Fed Reacted Asymmetrically to Stock Prices?,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(1), pages 1-36, June.
- Søren HOVE RAVN, "undated". "Has the Fed Reacted Asymmetrically to Stock Prices," EcoMod2010 259600076, EcoMod.
- Mala Raghavan & Mardi Dungey, 2015.
"Should ASEAN-5 monetary policy-makers act pre-emptively against stock market bubbles?,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(11), pages 1086-1105, March.
- Raghavan, Mala & Dungey, Mardi, 2014. "Should ASEAN-5 Monetary Policymakers Act Pre-emptively Against Stock Market Bubbles?," Working Papers 2014-04, University of Tasmania, Tasmanian School of Business and Economics, revised 2014.
- Ravn, Søren Hove, 2014. "Asymmetric monetary policy towards the stock market: A DSGE approach," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 39(PA), pages 24-41.
- Lukáš Pfeifer & Zdeněk Pikhart, 2014.
"Vztah finanční a cenové stability v podmínkách ČR
[The Relationship of Financial and Price Stability in the Context of the Czech Republic]," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2014(1), pages 49-66.
More about this item
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2011-06-18 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2011-06-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-06-18 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wil:wileco:2011-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stephen Sheppard). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edwilus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.