Interest Rate Pass-Through in New EU Member States: The Case of the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland
The characteristics of the interest rate pass-through in the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland are studied making use of autoregressive distributed lags (ARDL) models. Significant differences are found across market interest rates and countries concerning long-run elasticities of market interest rates to changes in the key policy rate. While the null hypothesis of complete pass-through cannot be rejected for any interest rate in Poland, deviations from complete pass-through are present for several interest rates in the Czech Republic and Hungary. Except for the case of the short-term loan rate for enterprises in Hungary, no significant deviation from symmetry in the speed of adjustment to equilibrium is found in the data.
|Date of creation:||01 May 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 724 E. University Ave, Wyly Hall 1st Flr, Ann Arbor MI 48109|
Phone: 734 763-5020
Fax: 734 763-5850
Web page: http://www.wdi.umich.edu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum & Charles L. Evans, 1994. "Identification and the effects of monetary policy shocks," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 94-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bewley, R. A., 1979. "The direct estimation of the equilibrium response in a linear dynamic model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 357-361.
- Gerrard, W J & Godfrey, L G, 1998. "Diagnostic Checks for Single-Equation Error-Correction and Autoregressive Distributed Lag Models," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(2), pages 222-237, March.
- Lawrence J. Christiano & Martin Eichenbaum, 1991. "Identification and the Liquidity Effect of a Monetary Policy Shock," NBER Working Papers 3920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Don Bredin & Trevor Fitzpatrick & Gerard O Reilly, 2002.
"Retail Interest Rate Pass-Through - The Irish Experience,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 33(2), pages 223-246.
- Bredin, Don & Fitzpatrick, Trevor & O'Reilly, Gerard, 2001. "Retail Interest Rate Pass-Through: The Irish Experience," Research Technical Papers 6/RT/01, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R & Griliches, Zvi, 1989. "Errors of Measurement in Output Deflators," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 7(1), pages 1-9, January.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg & Zvi Griliches, 1986. "Errors of Measurement in Output Deflators," NBER Working Papers 2000, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015. "Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- T.H. Gindling & Katherine Terrell, 2004. "Legal Minimum Wages and the Wages of Formal and Informal Sector Workers in Costa Rica," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-647, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Gindling, T. H. & Terrell, Katherine, 2004. "Legal Minimum Wages and the Wages of Formal and Informal Sector Workers in Costa Rica," IZA Discussion Papers 1018, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marie Donnay & Hans Degryse, 2001. "Bank Lending Rate Pass-Through and Differences in the Transmission of a Single EMU Monetary Policy," Working Papers Department of Economics ces0117, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Jan Hanousek & Evzen Kocenda, 1997. "Czech Money Market: Emerging Links Among Interest Rates," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 95, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Paul Mizen & Boris Hofmann, 2002. "Base rate pass-through: evidence from banks' and building societies' retail rates," Bank of England working papers 170, Bank of England.
- Breusch, Trevor S & Wickens, Michael R., 1987. "Dynamic Specification, the Long Run and the Estimation of Transformed Regression Models," CEPR Discussion Papers 154, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)