Factors influencing energy intensity in four Chinese industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Karen Fisher-Vanden, Yong Hu, Gary Jefferson, Michael Rock and Michael Toman, 2016. "Factors influencing energy intensity in four Chinese industries," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(China Spe).
References listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Ying & Liao, Hua & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2007. "Can market oriented economic reforms contribute to energy efficiency improvement? Evidence from China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2287-2295, April.
- Fisher-Vanden, Karen, 2009. "Energy in China: Understanding Past Trends and Future Directions," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 3(3), pages 217-244, December.
- Zheng, Yingmei & Qi, Jianhong & Chen, Xiaoliang, 2011. "The effect of increasing exports on industrial energy intensity in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2688-2698, May.
- Richard F. Garbaccio & Mun S. Ho & Dale W. Jorgenson, 1999. "Why Has the Energy-Output Ratio Fallen in China?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 63-91.
- Hang, Leiming & Tu, Meizeng, 2007. "The impacts of energy prices on energy intensity: Evidence from China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2978-2988, May.
- Mielnik, Otavio & Goldemberg, Jose, 2002. "Foreign direct investment and decoupling between energy and gross domestic product in developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 87-89, January.
- Sinton, Jonathan E & Levine, Mark D & Qingyi, Wang, 1998. "Energy efficiency in China: accomplishments and challenges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 813-829, September.
- Michael T. Rock, 2012. "What can Indonesia learn from China's industrial energy saving programs?," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(1), pages 33-55, April.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Liao, Hua & Fan, Ying, 2007. "An empirical analysis of energy efficiency in China's iron and steel sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2262-2270.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ajayi, V. & Reiner, D., 2018.
"European Industrial Energy Intensity: The Role of Innovation 1995-2009,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
1835, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Victor Ajayi & David Reiner, 2018. "European Industrial Energy Intensity: The Role of Innovation 1995-2009," Working Papers EPRG 1818, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Wu, Ya & Su, JingRong & Li, Ke & Sun, Chuanwang, 2019. "Comparative study on power efficiency of China's provincial steel industry and its influencing factors," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 1009-1020.
- Iris Claus & Les Oxley & Siqi Zheng & Cong Sun & Ye Qi & Matthew E. Kahn, 2014.
"The Evolving Geography Of China'S Industrial Production: Implications For Pollution Dynamics And Urban Quality Of Life,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(4), pages 709-724, September.
- Siqi Zheng & Cong Sun & Ye Qi & Matthew E. Kahn, 2013. "The Evolving Geography of China's Industrial Production: Implications for Pollution Dynamics and Urban Quality of Life," NBER Working Papers 19624, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bhat, Javed Ahmad & Haider, Salman & Kamaiah, Bandi, 2018. "Interstate energy efficiency of Indian paper industry: A slack-based non-parametric approach," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 161(C), pages 284-298.
- Shuxing Chen & Xiangyang Du & Junbing Huang & Cheng Huang, 2019. "The Impact of Foreign and Indigenous Innovations on the Energy Intensity of China’s Industries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(4), pages 1-18, February.
- Haider, Salman & Danish, Mohd Shadab & Sharma, Ruchi, 2019. "Assessing energy efficiency of Indian paper industry and influencing factors: A slack-based firm-level analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 454-464.
- Si, Shuyang & Lyu, Mingjie & Lin Lawell, C.-Y. Cynthia & Chen, Song, 2018. "The effects of energy-related policies on energy consumption in China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 202-227.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Production and Transportation; Environment and Energy Efficiency; Energy and Environment; Water and Industry; E-Business;
- F0 - International Economics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2013-08-05 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-DEV-2013-08-05 (Development)
- NEP-ENE-2013-08-05 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-08-05 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6551. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.