Decomposing the labor market earnings inequality: the public and private sectors in Vietnam, 1993-2006
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Clément Imbert, 2013. "Decomposing the Labor Market Earnings Inequality: The Public and Private Sectors in Vietnam, 1993–2006," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 27(1), pages 55-79.
- Clément Imbert, 2013. "Decomposing the Labor Market Earnings Inequality: The Public and Private Sectors in Vietnam, 1993-2006," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-00813041, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1999.
"Interfirm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1285-1320.
- McMillan, John & Woodruff, Christopher, 1998. "Inter-Firm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam," CEPR Discussion Papers 2036, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1998. "Interfirm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 132, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Tavneet Suri, 2011. "Selection and Comparative Advantage in Technology Adoption," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 79(1), pages 159-209, January.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Azam, Mehtabul & Prakash, Nishith, 2010. "A Distributional Analysis of the Public-Private Wage Differential in India," IZA Discussion Papers 5132, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lemieux, Thomas, 1998. "Estimating the Effects of Unions on Wage Inequality in a Panel Data Model with Comparative Advantage and Nonrandom Selection," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(2), pages 261-291, April.
- Roman Frydman & Cheryl Gray & Marek Hessel & Andrzej Rapaczynski, 1999. "When Does Privatization Work? The Impact of Private Ownership on Corporate Performance in the Transition Economies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1153-1191.
- Edmonds, Eric V. & Pavcnik, Nina, 2006. "Trade liberalization and the allocation of labor between households and markets in a poor country," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 272-295, July.
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
- Brian, McCaig, 2011.
"Exporting out of poverty: Provincial poverty in Vietnam and U.S. market access,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 102-113, September.
- Brian McCaig, 2009. "Exporting Out of Poverty: Provincial Poverty in Vietnam and U.S. Market Access," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2009-502, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Martin Painter, 2005. "The Politics of State Sector Reforms in Vietnam: Contested Agendas and Uncertain Trajectories," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 261-283.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thanh Bui & Katsushi S. Imai, 2017. "Determinants of Rural-urban Inequality in Vietnam: Detailed Decomposition Analyses Based on Unconditional Quantile Regressions," Discussion Paper Series DP2017-01, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, revised Jun 2017.
- VU, Tien Manh & Yamada, Hiroyuki, 2017.
"Convergence of public and private enterprise wages in a transition economy: Evidence from a distributional decomposition in Vietnam, 2002–2014,"
AGI Working Paper Series
2017-10, Asian Growth Research Institute.
- Vu, Tien Manh & Yamada, Hiroyuki, 2017. "Convergence of public and private enterprise wages in a transition economy: Evidence from a distributional decomposition in Vietnam, 2002–2014," MPRA Paper 79219, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Barton, Nicholas & Bold, Tessa & Sandefur, Justin, 2017. "Measuring Rents from Public Employment: Regression discontinuity evidence from Kenya," CEPR Discussion Papers 12105, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nicholas Barton & Tessa Bold & Justin Sandefur, 2017. "Measuring Rents from Public Employment: Regression Discontinuity Evidence from Kenya - Working Paper 457," Working Papers 457, Center for Global Development.
- Dang, Thang, 2015. "Intergenerational mobility of earnings and income among sons and daughters in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 75357, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schmillen,Achim Daniel & Packard,Truman G., 2016. "Vietnam's labor market institutions, regulations, and interventions : helping people grasp work opportunities in a risky world," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7587, The World Bank.
- Falco, Paolo & Haywood, Luke, 2016.
"Entrepreneurship versus joblessness: Explaining the rise in self-employment,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 245-265.
- Falco, Paolo & Haywood, Luke, 2016. "Entrepreneurship Versus Joblessness: Explaining the Rise in Self-Employment," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 245-265.
- Haywood, Luke & Falco, Paolo, 2013. "Entrepreneurship versus Joblessness - Explaining the Rise in Self-Employment," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80016, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Paolo Falco & Luke Haywood, 2013. "Entrepreneurship versus Joblessness: Explaining the Rise in Self-Employment," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1334, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Cai, Lixin & Liu, Amy Y.C., 2015. "Wage determination and distribution in urban China and Vietnam: A comparative analysis," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 186-203.
More about this item
KeywordsLabor Markets; Public Sector Economics; Public Sector Management and Reform; Inequality; Government Procurement;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-02-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-LMA-2013-02-03 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-TRA-2013-02-03 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6344. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .