More relatively-poor people in a less absolutely-poor world
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2013. "More Relatively-Poor People in a Less Absolutely-Poor World," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 59(1), pages 1-28, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen & Prem Sangraula, 2007.
"New Evidence on the Urbanization of Global Poverty,"
Population and Development Review,
The Population Council, Inc., vol. 33(4), pages 667-701.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua & Sangraula, Prem, 2007. "New evidence on the urbanization of global poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4199, The World Bank.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 2002.
"Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 14101.
- Deaton, A. & Zaidi, S., 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates for Welfare Analysis," Papers 192, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Angus Deaton & Salman Zaidi, 1999. "Guidelines for Constructing Consumption Aggregates For Welfare Analysis," Working Papers 217, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Martin Ravallion & Shaohua Chen & Prem Sangraula, 2009. "Dollar a Day Revisited," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 23(2), pages 163-184, June.
- Ravallion, Martin & Lokshin, Michael, 2010. "Who cares about relative deprivation?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 171-185, February.
- Louis De Mesnard, 2007. "The paradox of endogenous poverty line in the poverty indices," Post-Print halshs-00266747, HAL.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav & van de Walle, Dominique, 1991. "Quantifying Absolute Poverty in the Developing World," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 37(4), pages 345-361, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Annamaria Milazzo & Dominique Walle, 2017.
"Women Left Behind? Poverty and Headship in Africa,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 54(3), pages 1119-1145, June.
- Milazzo,Annamaria & Van De Walle,Dominique, 2015. "Women left behind ? poverty and headship in Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7331, The World Bank.
- Stephan Klasen & Tatyana Krivobokova & Friederike Greb & Rahul Lahoti & Syamsul Hidayat Pasaribu & Manuel Wiesenfarth, 2016.
"International income poverty measurement: which way now?,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, pages 199-225.
- Stephan Klasen & Tatyana Krivobokova & Friederike Greb & Rahul Lahoti & Syamsul Hidayat Pasaribu & Manuel Wiesenfarth, 2015. "International Income Poverty Measurement: Which way now?," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 184, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Zhang, Chunni & Xu, Qi & Zhou, Xiang & Zhang, Xiaobo & Xie, Yu, 2014. "Are poverty rates underestimated in China? New evidence from four recent surveys," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 410-425.
- Sırma Şeker & Stephen Jenkins, 2015.
"Poverty trends in Turkey,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 13(3), pages 401-424, September.
- Șeker, Sirma Demir & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2013. "Poverty Trends in Turkey," IZA Discussion Papers 7823, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jenkins, Stephen P. & È˜eker, Sirma Demir, 2013. "Poverty trends in Turkey," ISER Working Paper Series 2013-29, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Demir Şeker, Sırma & Jenkins, Stephen P., 2015. "Poverty trends in Turkey," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 61012, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Martin Ravallion, 2016. "Toward better global poverty measures," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 14(2), pages 227-248, June.
- John Gibson, 2016.
"Poverty Measurement: We Know Less than Policy Makers Realize,"
Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 430-442, September.
- John Gibson, 2015. "Poverty Measurement: We Know Less Than Policy Makers Realize," Working Papers in Economics 15/08, University of Waikato.
- John Gibson, 2016. "Poverty Measurement: We Know Less than Policy Makers Realize," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 201633, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- World Bank, 2014. "Prosperity for All / Ending Extreme Poverty : A Note for the World Bank Group Spring Meetings 2014," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 17701.
- Crombrugghe, D.P.I. de & Szirmai, A. & Bluhm, R., 2014. "Poor trends: The pace of poverty reduction after the Millennium Development Agenda," MERIT Working Papers 006, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Almås, Ingvild & Johnsen, Åshild Auglænd & Kotsadam, Andreaa, 2014. "Poverty in China Seen from Outer Space," Memorandum 11/2014, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Dhongde, Shatakshee & Minoiu, Camelia, 2013. "Global Poverty Estimates: A Sensitivity Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 1-13.
- Josef Yap, 2015. "Addressing Inequality in Southeast Asia through Regional Economic Integration," Working Papers id:6432, eSocialSciences.
- Mazumder, Mohummed Shofi Ullah & Lu, Wencong, 2015. "What Impact Does Microfinance Have on Rural Livelihood? A Comparison of Governmental and Non-Governmental Microfinance Programs in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 336-354.
- Islam, Abu Hayat, 2015. "Can Integrated Rice-Fish System Increase Welfare of the Marginalized Extreme Poor in Bangladesh? A DID Matching Approach," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211792, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:152:y:2017:i:c:p:79-92 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sudarno SUMARTO & Sarah MOSELLE, 2015. "Addressing Poverty and Vulnerability in ASEAN: An Analysis of Measures and Implications Going Forward," Working Papers DP-2015-63, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Decerf, B., 2015. "A new index combining the absolute and relative aspects of income poverty: Theory and application," CORE Discussion Papers 2015050, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wenjun Jiao & Anthony M. Fuller & Siyuan Xu & Qingwen Min & Minfang Wu, 2016. "Socio-Ecological Adaptation of Agricultural Heritage Systems in Modern China: Three Cases in Qingtian County, Zhejiang Province," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-16, December.
More about this item
KeywordsRural Poverty Reduction; Regional Economic Development; Achieving Shared Growth; Services&Transfers to Poor;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-07-14 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2012-07-14 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .