Aligning climate change mitigation and agricultural policies in Eastern Europe and Central Asia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Weber, Thomas A. & Neuhoff, Karsten, 2010. "Carbon markets and technological innovation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 115-132, September.
- Ariel Dinar & Robert Mendelsohn (ed.), 2011. "Handbook on Climate Change and Agriculture," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13942.
- Emily Boyd, 2009. "Governing the Clean Development Mechanism: global rhetoric versus local realities in carbon sequestration projects," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 41(10), pages 2380-2395, October.
- Marc N. Conte & Matthew J. Kotchen, 2010. "Explaining The Price Of Voluntary Carbon Offsets," Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 1(02), pages 93-111.
- Lars H. Gulbrandsen & Steinar Andresen, 2004. "NGO Influence in the Implementation of the Kyoto Protocol: Compliance, Flexibility Mechanisms, and Sinks," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 4(4), pages 54-75, November.
- Wanki Moon & Wojciech J. Florkowski & Bernhard Brückner & Ilona Schonhof, 2002. "Willingness to Pay for Environmental Practices: Implications for Eco-Labeling," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 78(1), pages 88-102.
- Emily Boyd, 2009. "Governing the Clean Development Mechanism: Global Rhetoric versus Local Realities in Carbon Sequestration Projects," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 41(10), pages 2380-2395, October.
- Eva Lövbrand & Teresia Rindefjäll & Joakim Nordqvist, 2009. "Closing the Legitimacy Gap in Global Environmental Governance? Lessons from the Emerging CDM Market," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 9(2), pages 74-100, May.
- Donald Larson & Gunnar Breustedt, 2009. "Will Markets Direct Investments Under the Kyoto Protocol? Lessons from the Activities Implemented Jointly Pilots," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 43(3), pages 433-456, July.
- Pagiola, Stefano & Arcenas, Agustin & Platais, Gunars, 2005. "Can Payments for Environmental Services Help Reduce Poverty? An Exploration of the Issues and the Evidence to Date from Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 237-253, February.
- Jean-Marc Burniaux & Joaquim Oliveira Martins, 2000. "Carbon Emission Leakages: A General Equilibrium View," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 242, OECD Publishing.
- William R. Sutton & Peter Whitford & Emanuela Montanari Stephens & Suzette Pedroso Galinato & Bonnie Nevel & Beata Plonka & Ebru Karamete, 2008. "Integrating Environment into Agriculture and Forestry : Progress and Prospects in Eastern Europe and Central Asia," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6551, April.
- Schneider, Uwe A. & Kumar, Pushpam, 2008. "Greenhouse Gas Mitigation through Agriculture," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 23(1).
- Anthony Hall, 2008. "Paying for environmental services: The case of Brazilian Amazonia," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 965-981.
- Hunt, Colin, 2008. "Economy and ecology of emerging markets and credits for bio-sequestered carbon on private land in tropical Australia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 309-318, June.
- Pfaff, Alexander S. P. & Kerr, Suzi & Hughes, R. Flint & Liu, Shuguang & Sanchez-Azofeifa, G. Arturo & Schimel, David & Tosi, Joseph & Watson, Vicente, 2000. "The Kyoto protocol and payments for tropical forest:: An interdisciplinary method for estimating carbon-offset supply and increasing the feasibility of a carbon market under the CDM," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 203-221, November.
- Oscar Cacho & Leslie Lipper, 2006.
"Abatement and Transaction Costs of Carbon-Sink Projects Involving Smallholders,"
06-13, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Oscar Cacho & Leslie Lipper, 2007. "Abatement and Transaction Costs of Carbon-Sink Projects Involving Smallholders," Working Papers 2007.27, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Naoki Matsuo, 2003. "CDM in the Kyoto Negotiations:," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 191-200, September.
- Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & Sven Wunder & Paul J. Ferraro, 2010. "Show Me the Money: Do Payments Supply Environmental Services in Developing Countries?," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(2), pages 254-274, Summer.
- Patrick Matschoss & Heinz Welsch, 2006. "International Emissions Trading and Induced Carbon-Saving Technological Change: Effects of Restricting the Trade in Carbon Rights," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 33(2), pages 169-198, February.
- Larson, Donald F. & Ambrosi, Philippe & Dinar, Ariel & Rahman, Shaikh Mahfuzur & Entler, Rebecca, 2008. "A Review of Carbon Market Policies and Research," International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, now publishers, vol. 2(3), pages 177-236, November.
- Pushpam Kumar & Uwe A. Schneider, 2008. "Greenhouse gas emission mitigation through agriculture," Working Papers FNU-155, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Feb 2008.
- John M. Antle & Bocar Diagana, 2003. "Creating Incentives for the Adoption of Sustainable Agricultural Practices in Developing Countries: The Role of Soil Carbon Sequestration," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1178-1184.
- Rie Watanabe & Guy Robinson, 2005. "The European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS)," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 10-14, January.
- Cacho, Oscar J. & Marshall, Graham R. & Milne, Mary, 2005. "Transaction and abatement costs of carbon-sink projects in developing countries," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(05), pages 597-614, October.
- Graff-Zivin, Joshua & Lipper, Leslie, 2008. "Poverty, risk, and the supply of soil carbon sequestration," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(03), pages 353-373, June.
- Margaret M. Skutsch, 2005. "Reducing carbon transaction costs in community-based forest management," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(4), pages 433-443, July.
- Wunder, Sven & Engel, Stefanie & Pagiola, Stefano, 2008. "Taking stock: A comparative analysis of payments for environmental services programs in developed and developing countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(4), pages 834-852, May.
- Axel Michaelowa & Marcus Stronzik & Frauke Eckermann & Alistair Hunt, 2003. "Transaction costs of the Kyoto Mechanisms," Climate Policy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 261-278, September.
- Antle, John M. & Capalbo, Susan Marie, 2002. "Agriculture As A Managed Ecosystem: Policy Implications," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 27(01), July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rahman, Shaikh M. & Larson, Donald F. & Dinar, Ariel, 2012. "The cost structure of the clean development mechanism," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6262, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2013. "Turkey Green Growth Policy Paper : Towards a Greener Economy," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16088, The World Bank.
- Uwe Deichmann & Fan Zhang, 2013. "Growing Green : The Economic Benefits of Climate Action," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13194, April.
More about this item
KeywordsClimate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases; Wetlands; Climate Change Economics; Environmental Economics&Policies; Energy and Environment;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-08-23 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2012-08-23 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-08-23 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2012-08-23 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-RES-2012-08-23 (Resource Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2012-08-23 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6080. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .