A review of solar energy : markets, economics and policies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Travis Bradford, 2006. "Solar Revolution: The Economic Transformation of the Global Energy Industry," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026202604x, December.
- del Rio, Pablo & Gual, Miguel A., 2007. "An integrated assessment of the feed-in tariff system in Spain," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 994-1012, February.
- Bagnall, Darren M. & Boreland, Matt, 2008. "Photovoltaic technologies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 4390-4396, December.
- de Vries, Bert J.M. & van Vuuren, Detlef P. & Hoogwijk, Monique M., 2007. "Renewable energy sources: Their global potential for the first-half of the 21st century at a global level: An integrated approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2590-2610, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Absi Halabi, M. & Al-Qattan, A. & Al-Otaibi, A., 2015. "Application of solar energy in the oil industry—Current status and future prospects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 296-314.
- Sener, Can & Fthenakis, Vasilis, 2014. "Energy policy and financing options to achieve solar energy grid penetration targets: Accounting for external costs," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 854-868.
- Karel Janda & Štěpán Krška & Jan Průša, 2014. "Česká fotovoltaická energie: modelový odhad nákladů na její podporu [Czech Photovoltaic Energy: Model Estimation of The Costs of its Support]," Politická ekonomie, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2014(3), pages 323-346.
- Mohammed Albattah & Daniel Efurosibina Attoye, 2021. "A Quantitative Investigation on Awareness of Renewable Energy Building Technology in the United Arab Emirates," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(12), pages 1-20, June.
- Reichelstein, Stefan & Yorston, Michael, 2013. "The prospects for cost competitive solar PV power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 117-127.
- Kamphol Promjiraprawat & Bundit Limmeechokchai, 2012. "Assessment of Thailand’s Energy Policies and CO 2 Emissions: Analyses of Energy Efficiency Measures and Renewable Power Generation," Energies, MDPI, vol. 5(8), pages 1-20, August.
- de Faria, Haroldo & Trigoso, Federico B.M. & Cavalcanti, João A.M., 2017. "Review of distributed generation with photovoltaic grid connected systems in Brazil: Challenges and prospects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 469-475.
- Hung Tran Van & Irina Onyusheva & Denis Ushakov & Radj Santhanakrishnan, 2018. "Impedimental Policies Impacting Shrinking World Solar Industry Eco-Economic Development," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(4), pages 21-27.
- Jan Prùša & Andrea Klimešová & Karel Janda, 2012. "Economic Loss in Czech Photovoltaic Power Plants," Working Papers IES 2012/18, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2012.
- Koo, Bonsang, 2017. "Examining the impacts of Feed-in-Tariff and the Clean Development Mechanism on Korea's renewable energy projects through comparative investment analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 144-154.
- Devabhaktuni, Vijay & Alam, Mansoor & Shekara Sreenadh Reddy Depuru, Soma & Green, Robert C. & Nims, Douglas & Near, Craig, 2013. "Solar energy: Trends and enabling technologies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 555-564.
- Jun Li & Lisi Jia & Longjian Li & Zehang Huang & Ying Chen, 2020. "Hybrid Microencapsulated Phase-Change Material and Carbon Nanotube Suspensions toward Solar Energy Conversion and Storage," Energies, MDPI, vol. 13(17), pages 1-11, August.
- Průša, Jan & Klimešová, Andrea & Janda, Karel, 2013. "Consumer loss in Czech photovoltaic power plants in 2010–2011," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 747-755.
- Toroghi, Shahaboddin H. & Oliver, Matthew E., 2019. "Framework for estimation of the direct rebound effect for residential photovoltaic systems," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 251(C), pages 1-1.
- Uniіat, Lіudmyla, 2018. "Economic Efficiency Of Using Solar Energy In The Agroindustrial Business," EUREKA: Social and Humanities, Scientific Route OÜ, issue 2, pages 9-18.
- Olatayo, Kunle Ibukun & Wichers, J. Harry & Stoker, Piet W., 2020. "The advanced and moderate-growth development paths for the viability and future growth of small wind energy systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 117(C).
- Ansari, Md. Fahim & Kharb, Ravinder Kumar & Luthra, Sunil & Shimmi, S.L. & Chatterji, S., 2013. "Analysis of barriers to implement solar power installations in India using interpretive structural modeling technique," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 163-174.
- Punia Sindhu, Sonal & Nehra, Vijay & Luthra, Sunil, 2016. "Recognition and prioritization of challenges in growth of solar energy using analytical hierarchy process: Indian outlook," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 332-348.
- Nejat, Payam & Morsoni, Abdul Kasir & Jomehzadeh, Fatemeh & Behzad, Hamid & Saeed Vesali, Mohamad & Majid, M.Z.Abd., 2013. "Iran's achievements in renewable energy during fourth development program in comparison with global trend," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 561-570.
- Janda, Karel & Krska, Stepan & Prusa, Jan, 2014. "Odhad nákladů na podporu české fotovoltaické energie [The Estimation of the Cost of Promotion of the Czech Photovoltaic Energy]," MPRA Paper 54108, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nandal, Vinod & Kumar, Raj & Singh, S.K., 2019. "Barriers identification and analysis of solar power implementation in Indian thermal power plants: An Interpretative Structural Modeling approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 1-1.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mahtta, Richa & Joshi, P.K. & Jindal, Alok Kumar, 2014. "Solar power potential mapping in India using remote sensing inputs and environmental parameters," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 255-262.
- Verbruggen, Aviel & Lauber, Volkmar, 2009. "Basic concepts for designing renewable electricity support aiming at a full-scale transition by 2050," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5732-5743, December.
- Farooq, Muhammad Khalid & Kumar, S., 2013. "An assessment of renewable energy potential for electricity generation in Pakistan," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 240-254.
- Moritz Bohland & Sebastian Schwenen, 2020. "Technology Policy and Market Structure: Evidence from the Power Sector," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1856, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Batidzirai, B. & Smeets, E.M.W. & Faaij, A.P.C., 2012. "Harmonising bioenergy resource potentials—Methodological lessons from review of state of the art bioenergy potential assessments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 6598-6630.
- Jenner, Steffen & Groba, Felix & Indvik, Joe, 2013.
"Assessing the strength and effectiveness of renewable electricity feed-in tariffs in European Union countries,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 385-401.
- Felix Groba & Joe Indvik & Steffen Jenner, 2011. "Assessing the Strength and Effectiveness of Renewable Electricity Feed-in Tariffs in European Union Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1176, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Youhyun Lee & Inseok Seo, 2019. "Sustainability of a Policy Instrument: Rethinking the Renewable Portfolio Standard in South Korea," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(11), pages 1-19, May.
- Mostafaeipour, Ali, 2010. "Productivity and development issues of global wind turbine industry," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 1048-1058, April.
- Silva Herran, Diego & Dai, Hancheng & Fujimori, Shinichiro & Masui, Toshihiko, 2016. "Global assessment of onshore wind power resources considering the distance to urban areas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 75-86.
- Adenle, Ademola A., 2020. "Assessment of solar energy technologies in Africa-opportunities and challenges in meeting the 2030 agenda and sustainable development goals," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 137(C).
- Li, Jinke & Liu, Guy & Shao, Jing, 2020. "Understanding the ROC transfer payment in the renewable obligation with the recycling mechanism in the United Kingdom," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(C).
- Hoppmann, Joern, 2021. "Hand in hand to Nowhereland? How the resource dependence of research institutes influences their co-evolution with industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(2).
- Sergio Coronas & Jordi de la Hoz & Àlex Alonso & Helena Martín, 2022. "23 Years of Development of the Solar Power Generation Sector in Spain: A Comprehensive Review of the Period 1998–2020 from a Regulatory Perspective," Energies, MDPI, vol. 15(4), pages 1, February.
- José Luis Míguez & Jacobo Porteiro & Raquel Pérez-Orozco & Miguel Ángel Gómez, 2018. "Technology Evolution in Membrane-Based CCS," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(11), pages 1-18, November.
- Antonelli, Marco & Desideri, Umberto, 2014. "The doping effect of Italian feed-in tariffs on the PV market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 583-594.
- Mekhilef, S. & Saidur, R. & Safari, A., 2011. "A review on solar energy use in industries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 1777-1790, May.
- Aliyu, Abubakar Sadiq & Dada, Joseph O. & Adam, Ibrahim Khalil, 2015. "Current status and future prospects of renewable energy in Nigeria," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 336-346.
- García-Alaminos, Ángela & Rubio, Santiago J., 2019.
"Emission Taxes, Feed-in Subsidies and the Investment in a Clean Technology by a Polluting Monopoly,"
ES: Economics for Sustainability
291524, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM) > ES: Economics for Sustainability.
- Ángela García-Alamino & Santiago J. Rubio, 2019. "Emission Taxes, Feed-in Subsidies and the Investment in a Clean Technology by a Polluting Monopoly," Working Papers 2019.15, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Sarasa-Maestro, Carlos J. & Dufo-López, Rodolfo & Bernal-Agustín, José L., 2013. "Photovoltaic remuneration policies in the European Union," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 317-328.
- Bell, Kendon & Zilberman, David, 2016. "The potential for renewable fuels under greenhouse gas pricing: The case of sugarcane in Brazil," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt03h2850w, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy Production and Transportation; Climate Change Mitigation and Green House Gases; Environment and Energy Efficiency; Energy and Environment; Renewable Energy;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5845. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Roula I. Yazigi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.