Market integration and structural transformation in a poor rural economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Krugman, Paul, 1998. "What's New about the New Economic Geography?," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 7-17, Summer.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- de Janvry, Alain & Fafchamps, Marcel & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1991. "Peasant Household Behaviour with Missing Markets: Some Paradoxes Explained," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(409), pages 1400-1417, November.
- Romer, Paul M, 1987. "Growth Based on Increasing Returns Due to Specialization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 56-62, May.
- John Laitner, 2000. "Structural Change and Economic Growth," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 67(3), pages 545-561.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ms. Louise Fox, 2015. "Are African Households Heterogeneous Agents?: Stylized Facts on Patterns of Consumption, Employment, Income and Earnings for Macroeconomic Modelers," IMF Working Papers 2015/102, International Monetary Fund.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rijkers, Bob & Söderbom, Måns & Loening, Josef L., 2010. "A Rural-Urban Comparison of Manufacturing Enterprise Performance in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1278-1296, September.
- Rijkers, Bob & Soderbom, Mans & Loening, Josef, 2009. "Mind the gap ? a rural-urban comparison of manufacturing firms," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4946, The World Bank.
- Arcalean, Calin & Glomm, Gerhard & Schiopu, Ioana, 2012.
"Growth effects of spatial redistribution policies,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 988-1008.
- Calin Arcalean & Gerhard Glomm & Ioana Schiopu, 2007. "Growth Effects of Spatial Redistribution Policies," CAEPR Working Papers 2007-002, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Department of Economics, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Calin Arcalean & Gerhard Glomm & Ioana Cosmina Schiopu, 2012. "Growth Effects of Spatial Redistribution Policies," CESifo Working Paper Series 3728, CESifo.
- Degl’Innocenti, Marta & Matousek, Roman & Sevic, Zeljko & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2017. "Bank efficiency and financial centres: Does geographical location matter?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 188-198.
- Matthias Firgo & Peter Mayerhofer, 2015. "Wissens-Spillovers und regionale Entwicklung - welche strukturpolitische Ausrichtung optimiert des Wachstum?," Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft 144, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
- Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2004. "Endogenous Growth in Open Economies - A Survey of Major Results," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp04020, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Ademir Rocha & Fernando Perobelli, 2020.
"Spatial distribution of logistics services in Brazil: A potential market analysis,"
Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(1), pages 185-217, February.
- Ademir Antonio Moreira Rocha & Fernando Salgueiro Perobelli, 2019. "Spatial Distribution of Logistics Services in Brazil: a Potential Market Analysis," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2019_05, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Gancia, Gino & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2005.
"Horizontal Innovation in the Theory of Growth and Development,"
Handbook of Economic Growth, in: Philippe Aghion & Steven Durlauf (ed.), Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 3, pages 111-170,
- Gino Gancia & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2005. "Horizontal Innovation in the Theory of Growth and Development," Working Papers 200, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Gino Gancia & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2005. "Horizontal innovation in the theory of growth and development," Economics Working Papers 831, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Boiscuvier, Éléonore, 2001. "Innovation, intégration et développement régional," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 77(2), pages 255-280, juin.
- Juergen Antony, 2005. "Diffusion of Scale Effects between European Regions," Discussion Paper Series 281, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Maurice CATIN & Stéphane GHIO, 2004. "Stages Of Regional Development And Spatial Concentration," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 19, pages 185-221.
- Emanuel Shachmurove & Yochanan Shachmurove, 2010. "Location, Location, Location: Entrepreneurial Finance Meets Economic Geography," PIER Working Paper Archive 10-030, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- David Cuberes & Rafael González-Val, 2017.
"The effect of the Spanish Reconquest on Iberian cities,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 58(3), pages 375-416, May.
- David Cuberes & Rafael González-Val, 2014. "The effect of the Spanish Reconquest on Iberian cities," Working Papers 2014/4, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- David, Cuberes & Rafael, González-Val, 2017. "The Effect of the Spanish Reconquest on Iberian Cities," MPRA Paper 76374, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cuberes, David & González-Val, Rafael, 2015. "The Effect of the Spanish Reconquest on Iberian Cities," Economy and Society 209019, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- David Cuberes & Rafael González-Val, 2015. "The Effect of the Spanish Reconquest on Iberian Cities," Working Papers 2015.79, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kubis, Alexander & Titze, Mirko & Brachert, Matthias & Lehmann, H. & Bergner, U., 2009. "Regionale Entwicklungsmuster und ihre Konsequenzen für die Raumordnungspolitik," IWH-Sonderhefte 3/2009, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Ugo Marani, 2014. "Economic monetary union and regional divergences: the legacy of Augusto Graziani," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(112), pages 159-171.
- WA Naudéa, 2001. "Shipping Costs And South Africa'S Export Potential: An Econometric Analysis1," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 69(1), pages 123-146, March.
- F Medda & P Nijkamp & P Rietveld, 1999.
"Urban Industrial Relocation: The Theory of Edge Cities,"
Environment and Planning B, , vol. 26(5), pages 751-761, October.
- Francesca Medda & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 1998. "Urban industrial relocation: The theory of edge cities," ERSA conference papers ersa98p326, European Regional Science Association.
- Omamo, S. W. & Lynam, J. K., 2003. "Agricultural science and technology policy in Africa," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1681-1694, October.
- Stefan Buehler & Christian Kaiser & Franz Jaeger, 2007.
"On the Geographic and Cultural Determinants of Bankruptcy,"
SOI - Working Papers
0701, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Jun 2007.
- Stefan BUEHLER & Christian KAISER & Franz JAEGER, 2010. "On the Geographic and Cultural Determinants of Bankruptcy," Regional and Urban Modeling 284100011, EcoMod.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Olivieri, Sergio, 2013. "Sources of spatial welfare disparities in Indonesia: Household endowments or returns?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 62-79.
More about this item
KeywordsFood&Beverage Industry; Economic Theory&Research; Rural Poverty Reduction; Food Security;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4856. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Roula I. Yazigi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.