Democratization and clientelism: why are young democracies badly governed?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2002.
"Reversal of Fortune: Geography and Institutions in the Making of the Modern World Income Distribution,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1231-1294.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson, 2001. "Reversal of Fortune: Geography and Institutions in the Making of the Modern World Income Distribution," NBER Working Papers 8460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Engerman, Stanley L. & Sokoloff, Kenneth L., 2005.
"The Evolution of Suffrage Institutions in the New World,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 65(04), pages 891-921, December.
- Stanley L. Engerman & Kenneth L. Sokoloff, 2001. "The Evolution of Suffrage Institutions in the New World," NBER Working Papers 8512, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Londregan, John, 1994. "The Determinants of Success of Special Interests in Redistributive Politics," CEPR Discussion Papers 1054, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carlson, Beverley A., 2000. "Achieving educational quality: what schools teach us: learning from Chile's P900 primary schools," Desarrollo Productivo 64, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Antoine Bommier & Sylvie Lambert, 2000. "Education Demand and Age at School Enrollment in Tanzania," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(1), pages 177-203.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dimitris K Christopoulos & Gregorios Siourounis & Irene Vlachaki, 2016.
"Democratic Reforms, Foreign Aid and Production Inefficiency,"
University of Manchester, vol. 84(3), pages 363-389, June.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris & Siourounis, Gregorios & Vlachaki, Irene, 2010. "Democratic Reforms, Foreign Aid and Production Inefficiency," MPRA Paper 23562, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris & Siourounis, Gregorios & Vlachaki, Irene, 2010. "Democratic Reforms, Foreign Aid and Production Inefficiency," MPRA Paper 23607, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kapstein, Ethan & Converse, Nathan, 2006. "The Economics of Young Democracies: Policies and Performance," MPRA Paper 553, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tavares, Samia Costa, 2007. "Do rapid political and trade liberalizations increase corruption?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 1053-1076, December.
- Ethan Kapstein & Nathan Converse, 2006. "The Economics of Young Democracies: Policies and Performance," Working Papers 85, Center for Global Development.
- Keefer, Philip & Vlaicu, Razvan, 2005. "Democracy, credibility and clientelism," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3472, The World Bank.
- Sue, Eddie D.W. & Wong, Wei-Kang, 2010. "The political economy of housing prices: Hedonic pricing with regression discontinuity," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 133-144, June.
- Robert Elgie & Iain McMenamin, 2008. "Political fragmentation, fiscal deficits and political institutionalisation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 255-267, September.
- Brian Levy, 2007. "Governance Reform : Bridging Monitoring and Action," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6742, March.
More about this item
KeywordsNational Governance; Parliamentary Government; Politics and Government; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-12-14 (Development)
- NEP-POL-2005-12-14 (Positive Political Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2005-12-14 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3594. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .