Household labor supply, unemployment, and minimum wage legislation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Flinn, Christopher J & Heckman, James J, 1983.
"Are Unemployment and Out of the Labor Force Behaviorally Distinct Labor Force States?,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(1), pages 28-42, January.
- Christopher J. Flinn & James J. Heckman, 1982. "Are Unemployment and Out of the Labor Force Behaviorally Distinct Labor Force States?," NBER Working Papers 0979, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaushik Basu, 1999.
"Child Labor: Cause, Consequence, and Cure, with Remarks on International Labor Standards,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1083-1119, September.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1998. "Child labor : cause, consequence, and cure, with remarks on International Labor Standards," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2027, The World Bank.
- Ashenfelter, Orley, 1980.
"Unemployment as Disequilibrium in a Model of Aggregate Labor Supply,"
Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 547-564, April.
- Orley Ashenfelter, 1977. "Unemployment as Disequilibrium in a Model of Aggregate Labor Supply," Working Papers 484, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1974.
"Alternative Theories of Wage Determination and Unemployment in LDC's: The Labor Turnover Model,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 194-227.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1972. "Alternative Theories of Wage Determination and Unemployment in L.D.C.'s: I. The Labor Turn-Over Model," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 335, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1976. "Unemployment Effects of Minimum Wages," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 87-104, August.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1978. "Labour Turnover, Wage Structure, and Natural Unemployment," Munich Reprints in Economics 1255, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Fortin, Bernard & Lacroix, Guy, 1997. "A Test of the Unitary and Collective Models of Household Labour Supply," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(443), pages 933-955, July.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "The Efficiency Wage Hypothesis, Surplus Labour, and the Distribution of Income in L.D.C.s," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 185-207, July.
- Basu, Kaushik & Van, Pham Hoang, 1998. "The Economics of Child Labor," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 412-427, June.
- Layard, R & Barton, M & Zabalza, A, 1980. "Married Women's Participation and Hours," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(185), pages 51-72, February.
- Fleisher, Belton M & Rhodes, George, 1976. "Unemployment and the Labor Force Participation of Married Men and Women: A Simultaneous Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 58(4), pages 398-406, November.
- Lundberg, Shelly, 1985. "The Added Worker Effect," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 11-37, January.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Greenwald, Bruce C & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1995. "Labor-Market Adjustments and the Persistence of Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 219-225, May.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Tano, Doki K., 1993. "The added worker effect : A causality test," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 111-117.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shirkosh, Mehdi, 2005. "The Case for an International Minimum Wage in the Context of Free Trade," MPRA Paper 2463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jorge A. Paz, 2008. "Cambios en el ingreso del hogar y sus efectos sobre la escolaridad de menores (Argentina, 1995-2003)," Working Papers 2, Instituto de Estudios Laborales y del Desarrollo Económico (IELDE) - Universidad Nacional de Salta - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Jurídicas y Sociales.
- Umaña-Aponte, Marcela & Bhalotra, Sonia R., 2012. "Women's Labour Supply and Household Insurance in Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 066, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Grimsrud, Bjorne, 2001. "What can be done about child labor ? - An overview of recent research and its implications for designing programs to reduce child labor," Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes 23030, The World Bank.
- Pieter Serneels, 2002.
"The added worked effect and intra household aspects of unemployment,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
2002-14, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Pieter Serneels, 2004. "The Added Worker Effect and Intrahousehold Aspects of Unemployment," Development and Comp Systems 0409014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jason Furman & Joseph E. Stiglitz, "undated". "Economic consequences of income inequality," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole y:1998:p:221-263, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
- Sonia Bhalotra & Marcela Umaña-Aponte, 2010.
"The Dynamics of Women’s Labour Supply in Developing Countries,"
The Centre for Market and Public Organisation
10/235, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Bhalotra, Sonia R. & Umana-Aponte, Marcela, 2010. "The Dynamics of Women's Labour Supply in Developing Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4879, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pieter Serneels, 2004. "The Nature of Unemployment in Urban Ethiopia," Development and Comp Systems 0409042, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chang, Yang-Ming & Huang, Biing-Wen & Chen, Yun-Ju, 2012. "Labor supply, income, and welfare of the farm household," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 427-437.
- Jellal, Mohamed, 2012.
"Maroc salaire minimum emploi et pauvreté
[Morocco minimum wage employment and poverty]," MPRA Paper 38491, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Catherine SAGET, 2001. "Poverty reduction and decent work in developing countries: Do minimum wages help?," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 140(3), pages 237-269, September.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Theory&Research; Labor Policies; Health Economics&Finance; Labor Markets; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Economics&Finance; Labor Markets; Access to Markets; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-1999-04-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-LAB-1999-04-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-1999-04-30 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-MIC-1999-04-22 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.