Well Begun, Not Yet Done : Vietnam's Remarkable Progress on Poverty Reduction and the Emerging Challenges
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glewwe, Paul & Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 1999. "The Role of the Private Sector in Education in Vietnam: Evidence From the Vietnam Living Standards Survey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 887-902, May.
- Amiel,Yoram & Cowell,Frank, 1999. "Thinking about Inequality," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521466967, December.
- Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 2008.
"Does rising landlessness signal success or failure for Vietnam's agrarian transition?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 191-209.
- Ravallion, Martin & van de Walle, Dominique, 2006. "Does rising landlessness signal success or failure for Vietnam's agrarian transition?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3871, The World Bank.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Francisco H.G. Ferreira & Jose R. Molinas Vega & Jaime Saavedra Chanduvi, 2009. "Measuring Inequality of Opportunities in Latin America and the Caribbean," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2580.
- repec:idb:idbbks:361 is not listed on IDEAS
- John E. Roemer, 2014.
"Economic Development as Opportunity Equalization,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, pages 189-209.
- John E. Roemer, 2006. "Economic Development as Opportunity Equalization," Levine's Bibliography 321307000000000445, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Roemer, John E., 2013. "Economic development as opportunity equalization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6530, The World Bank.
- John E. Roemer, 2006. "Economic Development as Opportunity Equalization," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1583, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Albert O. Hirschman & Michael Rothschild, 1973. "The Changing Tolerance for Income Inequality in the Course of Economic DevelopmentWith A Mathematical Appendix," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(4), pages 544-566.
- Stark, Oded & Taylor, J Edward & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1986. "Remittances and Inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 96(383), pages 722-740, September.
- Chris Elbers & Peter Lanjouw & Johan Mistiaen & Berk Özler, 2008.
"Reinterpreting between-group inequality,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, pages 231-245.
- Doris, Aedin & O'Neill, Donal & Sweetman, Olive, 2010. "Identification of the Covariance Structure of Earnings Using the GMM Estimator," IZA Discussion Papers 4952, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aedin Doris & Donal O'Neill & Olive Sweetman, 2010. "Identification of the Covariance Structure of Earnings using the GMM Estimator," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n208-10.pdf, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Benjamin, Dwayne & Brandt, Loren & Giles, John, 2005.
"The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, pages 769-824.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & John Giles, 2003. "The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China," Working Papers benjamin-04-01, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & John Giles, 2004. "The Evolution of Income Inequality in Rural China," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2004-654, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Sangui Wang & Dwayne Benjamin & Loren Brandt & John Giles & Yingxing Li & Yun Li, 2007. "Inequality and Poverty in China during Reform," Working Papers PMMA 2007-07, PEP-PMMA.
- Cowell, Frank, 2011. "Measuring Inequality," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 3, number 9780199594047.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2004. "Competing concepts of inequality in the globalization debate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3243, The World Bank.
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Duflo, Esther, 2003. "Inequality and Growth: What Can the Data Say?," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 267-299, September.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 2007. "China's (uneven) progress against poverty," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 1-42.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cuong, Nguyen Viet & Tung, Phung Duc & Westbrook, Daniel, 2015.
"Do the poorest ethnic minorities benefit from a large-scale poverty reduction program? Evidence from Vietnam,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 3-14.
- Nguyen, Cuong & Phung, Tung & Westbrook, Daniel, 2013. "Do the Poorest Ethnic Minorities Benefit from a Large-Scale Poverty Reduction Program? Evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 50689, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Le, Chau & Nguyen, Cuong & Phung, Thu & Phung, Tung, 2014. "Poverty Assessment of Ethnic Minorities in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 70090, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nguyen Viet, Cuong, 2014.
"Impact Evaluation of Development Programmes and Policies: Experiences from Viet Nam,"
60919, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nguyen Viet Cuong, 2015. "Impact Evaluation of Development Programmes and Policies: Experiences from Viet Nam," Working Papers 2015-620, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Felix Anderl, 2016. "The myth of the local," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, pages 197-218.
- John Gibson, 2016.
"Poverty Measurement: We Know Less than Policy Makers Realize,"
Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, pages 430-442.
- John Gibson, 2015. "Poverty Measurement: We Know Less Than Policy Makers Realize," Working Papers in Economics 15/08, University of Waikato.
- John Gibson, 2016. "Poverty Measurement: We Know Less than Policy Makers Realize," Asia and the Pacific Policy Studies 201633, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- World Bank Group, 2016. "Leveraging the Rice Value Chain for Poverty Reduction in Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Myanmar," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24711, The World Bank.
- Singhal Saurabh & Beck Ulrik, 2015. "Ethnic disadvantage in Vietnam: Evidence using panel data," WIDER Working Paper Series 097, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Le, Minh Son, 2014.
"Trade openness and household welfare within a country: A microeconomic analysis of Vietnamese households,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, pages 56-70.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Tsubota, Kenmei, 2011. "Location choice in low-income countries : evidence from Japanese investments in East Asia," IDE Discussion Papers 301, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Kathryn Yount & Kristin VanderEnde & Sarah Zureick-Brown & Hoang Anh & Sidney Schuler & Tran Minh, 2014. "Measuring Attitudes About Intimate Partner Violence Against Women: The ATT-IPV Scale," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(4), pages 1551-1572, August.
- Beck Ulrik, 2015. "Local transformation in rural Vietnam: A commune level analysis," WIDER Working Paper Series 065, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Long Giang & Cuong Nguyen & Anh Tran, 2017.
"Does PAPI monitoring improve local governance? Evidence from a natural experiment in Vietnam,"
International Journal of Development Issues,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 16(1), pages 85-106, April.
- Giang, Long Thanh & Nguyen, Cuong & Tran, Anh, 2013. "Does PAPI Monitoring Improve Local Governance? Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 71091, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2014. "Taking Stock, July 2014," World Bank Other Operational Studies 19987, The World Bank.
- Souksavanh VIXATHEP & Nobuaki MATSUNAGA, 2015. "Entrepreneurial Human and Social Capital in Small Businesses in Vietnam - An Extended Analysis -," GSICS Working Paper Series 29, Graduate School of International Cooperation Studies, Kobe University.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wboper:12326. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.