Female entrepreneurship in the wine sector: the role of identity in small and medium-sized wineries’ formation, growth and response to Covid-19
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hamelin, Nicolas & Thaichon, Park & Abraham, Christopher & Driver, Nicholas & Lipscombe, Joe & Pillai, Jayarethanam, 2020. "Storytelling, the scale of persuasion and retention: A neuromarketing approach," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 55(C).
- Gallucci, Carmen & Santulli, Rosalia & Calabrò, Andrea, 2015. "Does family involvement foster or hinder firm performance? The missing role of family-based branding strategies," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 155-165.
- Brush, Candida & Ali, Abdul & Kelley, Donna & Greene, Patricia, 2017. "The influence of human capital factors and context on women's entrepreneurship: Which matters more?," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 8(C), pages 105-113.
- Lia Bryant & Bridget Garnham, 2014. "The Embodiment of Women in Wine: Gender Inequality and Gendered Inscriptions of the Working Body in a Corporate Wine Organization," Gender, Work and Organization, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 411-426, September.
- Friederike Welter & Ted Baker & David B. Audretsch & William B. Gartner, 2017. "Everyday Entrepreneurshipâ€”A Call for Entrepreneurship Research to Embrace Entrepreneurial Diversity," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 41(3), pages 311-321, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Alebaki & Maria Psimouli & Stella Kladou & Foivos Anastasiadis, 2022. "Digital Winescape and Online Wine Tourism: Comparative Insights from Crete and Santorini," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(14), pages 1-16, July.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Yanto Chandra, 2018. "Mapping the evolution of entrepreneurship as a field of research (1990–2013): A scientometric analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Gundula Glowka & Andreas Kallmünzer & Anita Zehrer, 2021. "Enterprise risk management in small and medium family enterprises: the role of family involvement and CEO tenure," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 1213-1231, September.
- Van Gils, Anita & Huybrechts, Jolien & Minola, Tommaso & Cassia, Lucio, 2019. "Unraveling the impact of family antecedents on family firm image: A serial multiple-mediation model," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 17-27.
- Drago, Carlo & Ginesti, Gianluca & Pongelli, Claudia & Sciascia, Salvatore, 2018. "Reporting strategies: What makes family firms beat around the bush? Family-related antecedents of annual report readability," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 142-150.
- Rovelli, Paola & Benedetti, Carlotta & Fronzetti Colladon, Andrea & De Massis, Alfredo, 2022. "As long as you talk about me: The importance of family firm brands and the contingent role of family-firm identity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 692-700.
- Muhammad Naveed Iftikhar & Maha Ahmad & David B. Audretsch, 0. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship: the developing country context," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-20.
- Galbreath, Jeremy, 2017. "Drivers Of Environmental Sustainability In Wine Firms: The Role And Effect Of Women In Leadership," Working Papers 253851, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Boudreaux, Christopher, 2019. "Do private enterprises outperform state enterprises in an emerging market? The importance of institutional context in entrepreneurship," MPRA Paper 93039, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aparicio, Sebastian & Audretsch, David & Noguera, Maria & Urbano, David, 2022. "Can female entrepreneurs boost social mobility in developing countries? An institutional analysis," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 175(C).
- Pahnke, André & Welter, Friederike, 2019. "The German Mittelstand: Antithesis to the Silicon Valley entrepreneurship model?," Working Papers 01/19, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
- Azeem, Muhammad Masood & Sheridan, Alison & Adapa, Sujana, 2022. "Women to women: Enabling innovation and firm performance in developing countries," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(PA).
- Maribel Guerrero & Francisco Liñán & F. Rafael Cáceres-Carrasco, 2021. "The influence of ecosystems on the entrepreneurship process: a comparison across developed and developing economies," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 57(4), pages 1733-1759, December.
- Brixiová, Zuzana & Kangoye, Thierry & Said, Mona, 2020.
"Training, human capital, and gender gaps in entrepreneurial performance,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 367-380.
- Brixiová, Zuzana & Kangoye, Thierry, 2019. "Training, Human Capital, and Gender Gaps in Entrepreneurial Performance," GLO Discussion Paper Series 424, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Brixiova, Zuzana & Kangoye, Thierry & Said, Mona, 2019. "Training, Human Capital, and Gender Gaps in Entrepreneurial Performance," IZA Discussion Papers 12777, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Zuzana Brixiová & Thierry Kangoye & Mona Said, 2019. "Training, Human Capital, and Gender Gaps in Entrepreneurial Performance," SALDRU Working Papers 256, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Christopher Boudreaux, 2019. "When does privatization spur entrepreneurial performance? The moderating effect of institutional quality in an emerging market," Papers 1901.03356, arXiv.org.
- Nguyen, Thi Hong Hanh & Ntim, Collins G. & Malagila, John K., 2020. "Women on corporate boards and corporate financial and non-financial performance: A systematic literature review and future research agenda," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Stephan, Ute & Tavares, Susana M. & Carvalho, Helena & Ramalho, Joaquim J.S. & Santos, Susana C. & van Veldhoven, Marc, 2020. "Self-employment and eudaimonic well-being: Energized by meaning, enabled by societal legitimacy," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(6).
- Pham, Dung & Jones, Paul & Dobson, Stephen & Liñán, Francisco & Viala, Céline, 2021. "Entrepreneurial implementation intention as a tool to moderate the stability of entrepreneurial goal intention: A sensemaking approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 97-105.
- Petter Gottschalk, 2017. "Entrepreneurs In White-Collar Crime: A Convenience Perspective," International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge, Center for International Scientific Research of VSO and VSPP, vol. 5(2), pages 47-55, December.
- Jafari-Sadeghi, Vahid & Sukumar, Arun & Pagán-Castaño, Esther & Dana, Léo-Paul, 2021. "What drives women towards domestic vs international business venturing? An empirical analysis in emerging markets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 647-660.
- Welter, Friederike, 2020. "Contexts and gender: Looking back and thinking forward," Working Papers 01/20, Institut für Mittelstandsforschung (IfM) Bonn.
More about this item
Keywordswineries; digitalization; Covid-19 pandemic; female entrepreneurship; crisis management;
All these keywords.
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- L66 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Food; Beverages; Cosmetics; Tobacco
- M19 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2021-08-30 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-ISF-2021-08-30 (Islamic Finance)
- NEP-SBM-2021-08-30 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vnm:wpdman:183. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/mdvenit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Marco LiCalzi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/mdvenit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.