Linking behavioral control to frontline employee commitment and performance: a test of two alternative explanations using motivation theories
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- K. Dewettinck & D. Buyens, 2006. "Linking behavioral control to frontline employee commitment and performance: a test of two alternative explanations using motivation theories," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 06/382, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
References listed on IDEAS
- Judge, Timothy A. & Larsen, Randy J., 2001. "Dispositional Affect and Job Satisfaction: A Review and Theoretical Extension," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 67-98, September.
- Baldauf, Artur & Cravens, David W. & Grant, Kegn, 2002. "Consequences of sales management control in field sales organizations: a cross-national perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 577-609, October.
- William G. Ouchi, 1979. "A Conceptual Framework for the Design of Organizational Control Mechanisms," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(9), pages 833-848, September.
- Flamholtz, Eric G. & Das, T. K. & Tsui, Anne S., 1985. "Toward an integrative framework of organizational control," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 35-50, January.
- Tabernero, Carmen & Wood, Robert E., 1999. "Implicit Theories versus the Social Construal of Ability in Self-Regulation and Performance on a Complex Task," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 104-127, May.
- Button, Scott B. & Mathieu, John E. & Zajac, Dennis M., 1996. "Goal Orientation in Organizational Research: A Conceptual and Empirical Foundation," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 26-48, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dharna Sharma, 2020. "Psychosocial Consequences Of Being Strangers In A Familiar Land," Working papers 2020-33-03, Voice of Research.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Gavin M Schwarz & Karin Sanders & Dave Bouckenooghe, 2020. "In the driving seat: Executiveâ€™s perceived control over environment," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 45(2), pages 317-342, May.
- Olivier de La Villarmois & Hubert Tondeur, 1999. "Une Analyse Des Finalités Des Systèmes De Contrôle," Post-Print halshs-00587790, HAL.
- Sandeep Rustagi & William R. King & Laurie J. Kirsch, 2008. "Predictors of Formal Control Usage in IT Outsourcing Partnerships," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 19(2), pages 126-143, June.
- Mallin, Michael L. & Asree, Susita & Koh, Anthony C. & Hu, Michael Y., 2010. "Antecedents to managerial trust and sales control in Malaysian salesforce," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 292-305, June.
- Vitolla, Filippo & Raimo, Nicola & Rubino, Michele & Garegnani, Giovanni Maria, 2021. "Do cultural differences impact ethical issues? Exploring the relationship between national culture and quality of code of ethics," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(1).
- Chris Durden, 2008. "Towards a socially responsible management control system," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(5), pages 671-694, June.
- Littkemann, Jörn, 1997. "Erfolgreiche Gestaltung unternehmensinterner Abrechnungssysteme," Manuskripte aus den Instituten für Betriebswirtschaftslehre der Universität Kiel 436, Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel, Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre.
- Emil Inauen & Margit Osterloh & Bruno Frey & Fabian Homberg, 2015. "How a multiple orientation of control reduces governance failures: a focus on monastic auditing," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 19(4), pages 763-796, November.
- Devesh Baid & S. V. D. Nageswara Rao, 2017. "Management Controls of Teachersâ€”Scale Development and Validation," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 18(3), pages 719-733, June.
- Kennedy, Frances A. & Widener, Sally K., 2019. "Socialization mechanisms and goal congruence," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 32-49.
- Ramírez-García, Carolina & Vélez-Elorza, María L. & Alvarez-ardet-Espejo, María Concepción, 2013. "¿Cómo controlan los franquiciadores españoles a sus franquiciados?," Revista de Contabilidad - Spanish Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-10.
- Markus C. Becker, 2012. "The Emergence of Clan Control in a Science-based Firm: The Case of Carl Zeiss," Chapters, in: Guido Buenstorf (ed.), Evolution, Organization and Economic Behavior, chapter 7, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Lueg, Rainer & Radlach, Ronny, 2016. "Managing sustainable development with management control systems: A literature review," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 158-171.
- Langfield-Smith, Kim, 1997. "Management control systems and strategy: A critical review," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 207-232, February.
- King, William R. & Marks, Peter Jr., 2008. "Motivating knowledge sharing through a knowledge management system," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 131-146, February.
- Lovett, Steven Russell & Pérez-Nordtvedt, Liliana & Rasheed, Abdul A., 2009. "Parental control: A study of U.S. subsidiaries in Mexico," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 481-493, October.
- Sebastian Goebel & Barbara E. Weißenberger, 2017. "Effects of management control mechanisms: towards a more comprehensive analysis," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 87(2), pages 185-219, February.
- Kanfer, Ruth & Chen, Gilad, 2016. "Motivation in organizational behavior: History, advances and prospects," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 6-19.
- Ingrid Fasshauer, 2018. "Les enjeux du contrôle de l'économie collaborative," Post-Print hal-01907842, HAL.
- Chris Akroyd & William Maguire, 2011. "The roles of management control in a product development setting," Qualitative Research in Accounting & Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 8(3), pages 212-237, August.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2006-05-06 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CBE-2006-05-06 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2006-05-06 (Collective Decision-Making)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vlg:vlgwps:2006-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vlgmsbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Isabelle Vandenbroere (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vlgmsbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.