DRGs: the link between investment in technologies and appropriateness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elin Johanna Gudrun Hafsteinsdottir & Luigi Siciliani, 2010.
"DRG prospective payment systems: refine or not refine?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(10), pages 1226-1239.
- Luigi Siciliani & Elín J. G. Hafsteinsdóttir, 2008. "DRG prospective payment system: refine or not refine?," Discussion Papers 08/29, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Rosella Levaggi & Moretto Michele, 2008.
"Investment In Hospital Care Technology Under Different Purchasing Rules: A Real Option Approach,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 159-181, April.
- Michele Moretto & Rosella Levaggi, 2004. "Investment in Hospital Care Technology under Different Purchasing Rules: A Real Option Approach," Working Papers 2004.75, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Rossella Levaggi & Michele Moretto, 2007. "Investment in hospital care technology under different purchasing rules: a real option approach," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0046, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Levaggi, R. & Moretto, M. & Pertile, P., 2012.
"Static and dynamic efficiency of irreversible health care investments under alternative payment rules,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 169-179.
- Rosella Levaggi & Michele Moretto & Paolo Pertile, 2010. "Static and Dynamic Efficiency of Irreversible Health Care Investments under Alternative Payment Rules," Working Papers 2010.130, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kamil Dybczak & Bartosz Przywara, 2010. "The role of technology in health care expenditure in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 400, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Dranove, David & White, William D, 1994. "Recent Theory and Evidence on Competition in Hospital Markets," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 169-209, Spring.
- Liu, Ting & Ma, Ching-to Albert, 2013.
"Health insurance, treatment plan, and delegation to altruistic physician,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 79-96.
- Ching-to Albert MA & Ting Liu, 2011. "Health Insurance, Treatment Plan, and Delegation to Altruistic Physician," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2011-022, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Ting Liu & Ching-to Albert Ma, 2012. "Health Insurance, Treatment Plan, and Delegation to Altruistic Physician," Department of Economics Working Papers 12-08, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Siciliani, Luigi, 2006. "Selection of treatment under prospective payment systems in the hospital sector," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 479-499, May.
- Schreyögg, Jonas & Bäumler, Michael & Busse, Reinhard, 2009. "Balancing adoption and affordability of medical devices in Europe," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 218-224, October.
- Bos, Dieter & De Fraja, Gianni, 2002. "Quality and outside capacity in the provision of health services," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 199-218, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Finocchiaro Castro, Massimo & Guccio, Calogero & Pignataro, Giacomo & Rizzo, Ilde, 2014. "The effects of reimbursement mechanisms on medical technology diffusion in the hospital sector in the Italian NHS," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 215-229.
More about this item
KeywordsDRG; prospective payment; appropriateness; capital cost; health care investment;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-12-06 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ver:wpaper:31/2012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Reiter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isverit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.