Countervailing inequality effects of globalization and renewable energy generation in Argentina
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Payne, James E., 2009. "On the dynamics of energy consumption and output in the US," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(4), pages 575-577, April.
- Haselip, James & Potter, Clive, 2010. "Post-neoliberal electricity market 're-reforms' in Argentina: Diverging from market prescriptions?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1168-1176, February.
- Feenstra, Robert C & Hanson, Gordon H, 1996. "Globalization, Outsourcing, and Wage Inequality," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 240-245, May.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Chen, Hong-Yuan, 1994. "Approximately Median-Unbiased Estimation of Autoregressive Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 187-204, April.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Yoshinori Kurokawa, 2011.
"Variety-skill complementarity: a simple resolution of the trade-wage inequality anomaly,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 46(2), pages 297-325, February.
- Kurokawa, Yoshinori, 2006. "Trade and Variety-Skill Complementarity: A Simple Trade-Based Resolution of Wage Inequality Anomaly," MPRA Paper 14011, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yoshinori Kurokawa, 2009. "Variety-Skill Complementarity: A Simple Resolution of the Trade-Wage Inequality Anomaly," Tsukuba Economics Working Papers 2009-007, Economics, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba.
- Fatih Birol, 2007. "Energy Economics: A Place for Energy Poverty in the Agenda?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 1-6.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang, 2005. "Energy consumption and GDP in developing countries: A cointegrated panel analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 415-427, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14381 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frey, Gary W. & Linke, Deborah M., 2002. "Hydropower as a renewable and sustainable energy resource meeting global energy challenges in a reasonable way," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1261-1265, November.
- James R. Brown & Steven M. Fazzari & Bruce C. Petersen, 2009. "Financing Innovation and Growth: Cash Flow, External Equity, and the 1990s R&D Boom," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 64(1), pages 151-185, February.
- Nathalie Chusseau & Michel Dumont & Joël Hellier, 2008. "Explaining Rising Inequality: Skill-Biased Technical Change And North-South Trade ," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 409-457, July.
- Pollitt, Michael, 2008.
"Electricity reform in Argentina: Lessons for developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1536-1567, July.
- Pollitt, M.G., 2004. "‘Electricity Reform in Argentina: Lessons for Developing Countries’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0449, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Bernd Hayo & Matthias Neuenkirch, 2013.
"Does the currency board matter? US news and Argentine financial market reaction,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(28), pages 4034-4040, October.
- Bernd Hayo & Matthias Neuenkirch, 2008. "Does the Currency Board Matter? U.S. News and Argentine Financial Market Reaction," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200823, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Fanelli, José María, 2002. "Growth, instability and the convertibility crisis in Argentina," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Stephan B. Bruns, Christian Gross and David I. Stern, 2014.
"Is There Really Granger Causality Between Energy Use and Output?,"
The Energy Journal,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4).
- Stephan B. Bruns & Christian Gross & David I. Stern, 2013. "Is There Really Granger Causality Between Energy Use and Output?," Crawford School Research Papers 1307, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Bruns, Stephan B. & Gross, Christian & Stern, David I., 2013. "Is There Really Granger Causality Between Energy Use and Output?," FCN Working Papers 11/2013, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Payne, James E., 2010. "A survey of the electricity consumption-growth literature," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(3), pages 723-731, March.
- Sokona, Youba & Mulugetta, Yacob & Gujba, Haruna, 2012. "Widening energy access in Africa: Towards energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(S1), pages 3-10.
- Yoo, S.-H., 2006. "The causal relationship between electricity consumption and economic growth in the ASEAN countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3573-3582, December.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993. "Exactly Median-Unbiased Estimation of First Order Autoregressive/Unit Root Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 139-165, January.
- Yoshinori Kurokawa, 2014.
"A Survey Of Trade And Wage Inequality: Anomalies, Resolutions And New Trends,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 169-193, February.
- Yoshinori Kurokawa, 2010. "A Survey of Trade and Wage Inequality: Anomalies, Resolutions, and New Trends," Tsukuba Economics Working Papers 2010-007, Economics, Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Tsukuba.
- James E. Payne, 2010. "Survey of the international evidence on the causal relationship between energy consumption and growth," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(1), pages 53-95, January.
- Herrera, Germán & Tavosnanka, Andrés, 2011. "Argentine industry in the early twenty-first century (2003-2008)," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Bandyopadhyay, Sushenjit & Shyamsundar, Priya & Baccini, Alessandro, 2011. "Forests, biomass use and poverty in Malawi," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2461-2471.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2011. "The renewable energy consumption-growth nexus in Central America," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 343-347, January.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang, 2006. "The causality relationship between energy consumption and GDP in G-11 countries revisited," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1086-1093, June.
- Mathews, John A. & Goldsztein, Hugo, 2009. "Capturing latecomer advantages in the adoption of biofuels: The case of Argentina," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 326-337, January.
- Thorsten Beck & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Ross Levine, 2007. "Finance, inequality and the poor," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 27-49, March.
- Koch, Frans H., 2002. "Hydropower--the politics of water and energy: Introduction and overview," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(14), pages 1207-1213, November.
- García-López, Gustavo A. & Arizpe, Nancy, 2010. "Participatory processes in the soy conflicts in Paraguay and Argentina," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 196-206, December.
More about this item
KeywordsArgentina; VAR; energy sources; inequality; globalization;
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- F60 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - General
- F63 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization - - - Economic Development
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-07-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2013-07-20 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-07-20 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-LAM-2013-07-20 (Central & South America)
- NEP-ORE-2013-07-20 (Operations Research)
- NEP-RES-2013-07-20 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ver:wpaper:12/2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Reiter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isverit.html .