Widening energy access in Africa: Towards energy transition
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kebede, Ellene & Kagochi, John & Jolly, Curtis M., 2010. "Energy consumption and economic development in Sub-Sahara Africa," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 532-537, May.
- Brew-Hammond, Abeeku, 2010. "Energy access in Africa: Challenges ahead," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 2291-2301, May.
- Philip R. Lane IIIS, Trinity College Dublin and CEPR, 2009. "Innovation and Financial Globalisation," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp299, IIIS.
- Louw, Kate & Conradie, Beatrice & Howells, Mark & Dekenah, Marcus, 2008. "Determinants of electricity demand for newly electrified low-income African households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 2814-2820, August.
- Leach, Gerald, 1992. "The energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 116-123, February.
- Li, Dong & Li, Wei & Hu, Gang & Zheng, Zhigang, 2009. "Local conformity induced global oscillation," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 388(7), pages 1243-1248.
- Tahereh Alavi Hojjat & Bhagyavati, 2009. "Petrodollars, Globalization And U.S. Inflation," Global Journal of Business Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 3(2), pages 49-63.
- Amie Gaye, 2007. "Access to Energy and Human Development," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2007-25, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Unctad, 2009. "Global Foreign Direct Investment In Decline," Transnational Corporations Review, Ottawa United Learning Academy, vol. 1(2), pages 1-3, June.
- Anton Eberhard & Vivien Foster & Cecilia Briceño-Garmendia & Fatimata Ouedraogo & Daniel Camos & Maria Shkaratan, 2008. "Underpowered : The State of the Power Sector in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Bank Other Operational Studies 7833, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahlborg, Helene & Boräng, Frida & Jagers, Sverker C. & Söderholm, Patrik, 2015. "Provision of electricity to African households: The importance of democracy and institutional quality," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 125-135.
- Chukwumerije Okereke & Tariya Yusuf, 2013. "Low carbon development and energy security in Africa," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Energy Security, chapter 21, pages 462-482 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Richard Green & Yacob Mulugetta & Zhong Xiang Zhang, 2014. "Sustainable energy policy," Chapters,in: Handbook of Sustainable Development, chapter 33, pages 532-550 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:144:y:2018:i:c:p:148-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boräng, Frida & Jagers, Sverker C. & Povitkina, Marina, 2016. "Political determinants of electricity provision in small island developing states," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 725-734.
- Andrea Vaona, 2013. "Countervailing inequality effects of globalization and renewable energy generation in Argentina," Working Papers 12/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Andrea Vaona & Natalia Magnani, 2014. "Access to electricity and socio-economic characteristics: panel data evidence from 31 countries," Working Papers 15/2014, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Suberu, Mohammed Yekini & Mustafa, Mohd Wazir & Bashir, Nouruddeen & Muhamad, Nor Asiah & Mokhtar, Ahmad Safawi, 2013. "Power sector renewable energy integration for expanding access to electricity in sub-Saharan Africa," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 630-642.
- repec:eee:energy:v:126:y:2017:i:c:p:573-584 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cieslik, Katarzyna, 2016. "Moral Economy Meets Social Enterprise Community-Based Green Energy Project in Rural Burundi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 12-26.
- Nerini, Francesco Fuso & Andreoni, Antonio & Bauner, David & Howells, Mark, 2016. "Powering production. The case of the sisal fibre production in the Tanga region, Tanzania," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 544-556.
- repec:eee:energy:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:184-195 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsuanyo, David & Azoumah, Yao & Aussel, Didier & Neveu, Pierre, 2015. "Modeling and optimization of batteryless hybrid PV (photovoltaic)/Diesel systems for off-grid applications," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 152-163.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy access; Africa; Sustainable development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:enepol:v:47:y:2012:i:s1:p:3-10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/enpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.