Global Foreign Direct Investment In Decline
()(The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development)
Global foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows are likely to have fallen by more than twenty percent in 2008, and will probably decline further in the near future. Inflows to developed countries were most affected. However, for developing economies and those in transition, the worst is yet to come. Thus, governments must resist the temptation of engaging in protectionism. This article discusses current trends in FDI flows.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1568 Merivale Rd. Suite # 618, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K2G 5Y7|
- Robert J R Elliott & Joanne K Lindley, 2014. "Green Jobs and Growth in the United States: Green Shoots or False Dawn?," Discussion Papers 14-09, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Citci, Sadettin Haluk & Inci, Eren, 2016.
"The masquerade ball of the CEOs and the mask of excessive risk,"
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 383-393.
- Citci, Haluk & Inci, Eren, 2012. "The Masquerade Ball of the CEOs and the Mask of Excessive Risk," MPRA Paper 35979, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gökgöz, Fazıl & Atmaca, Mete Emin, 2017. "Portfolio optimization under lower partial moments in emerging electricity markets: Evidence from Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 437-449.
- Rao, Ramesh K.S., 2015. "The public corporation as an intermediary between “Main Street” and “Wall Street”," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 64-82.
- Dassanayake, Geekiyanage Disela Malinga & Kumar, Amit, 2012. "Techno-economic assessment of triticale straw for power generation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 236-245.
- Alex Bowen, 2014. "Green growth," Chapters,in: Handbook of Sustainable Development, chapter 15, pages 237-251 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak & Donghyun Park, 2013. "Capital Flows and Economic Growth in the Era of Financial Integration and Crisis, 1990–2010," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 371-396, July.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Jinjarak, Yothin & Park, Donghyun, 2011. "Capital flows and economic growth in the era of financial integration and crisis, 1990-2010," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt3003w1qd, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Joshua Aizenman & Yothin Jinjarak & Donghyun Park, 2011. "Capital Flows and Economic Growth in the Era of Financial Integration and Crisis, 1990-2010," NBER Working Papers 17502, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Álvaro José Anaya Mendoza, 2012. "Inversión extranjera directa y crecimiento económico. Evidencia para América Latina 1980-2010," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL CARIBE 010850, UNIVERSIDAD DEL NORTE.
- Stocker, Marshall L., 2016. "The price of freedom: A Fama–French freedom factor," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 1-19.
- Sokona, Youba & Mulugetta, Yacob & Gujba, Haruna, 2012. "Widening energy access in Africa: Towards energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(S1), pages 3-10.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:578-590 is not listed on IDEAS
- Singh, Nirvikar & Mora, Jesse, 2012. "Trade Productivity Upgrading, Trade Fragmentation, and FDI in Manufacturing: The Asian Development Experience," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt1d62r9n5, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Mora, Jesse & Singh, Nirvikar, 2012. "Trade Productivity Upgrading, Trade Fragmentation, and FDI in Manufacturing: The Asian Development Experience," MPRA Paper 37127, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2013. "Reviving Romania's Growth and Convergence Challenges and Opportunities : A Country Economic Memorandum," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16036, The World Bank.
- Kincses, Áron & Bálint, Lajos, 2017. "Migration settlement networks in the Carpathian Basin, 2001–2011," MPRA Paper 76852, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Savoiu, Gheorghe & Dinu, Vasile & Ciuca, Suzana, 2013. "Foreign Direct Investment based on Country Risk and other Macroconomic Factors. Econometric Models for Romanian Economy," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 39-61, March.
- Hauk, Sebastian & Knoke, Thomas & Wittkopf, Stefan, 2014. "Economic evaluation of short rotation coppice systems for energy from biomass—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 435-448.
- Zhang, Jing & Liang, Xiong-jian, 2012. "Promoting green ICT in China: A framework based on innovation system approaches," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 997-1013.
- Thomas Farole & Gokhan Akinci, 2011. "Special Economic Zones : Progress, Emerging Challenges, and Future Directions," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2341.
- repec:jes:wpaper:y:2012:v:4:p:35-43 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oul:tncr09:v:1:y:2009:i:2:p:1-3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Denny Liao)or (Jen Ma)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed