Foreign Direct Investment based on Country Risk and other Macroconomic Factors. Econometric Models for Romanian Economy
The paper identifies several econometric models of Foreign Direct Investment focused on the country risk, which can also signal other macroeconomic indicators in Romania after 1996, according to World Bank and major rating agencies. The introduction presents the oscillation between micro- and macro-economic significance in conceptual interpretation, followed by a review of the literature. A methodology and database section provides the statistical support. The results consist in econometric models, parameterized in EViews. The modelling focused on Euromoney and Standard&Poor’s country risk has proved to be competitive. The findings and conclusions amplify the importance of Foreign Direct Investment models, as a development factor even in times of recession, highlighting the increasing importance of the country risk signal.
Volume (Year): (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 004 021 3188148
Fax: 004 021 3188148
Web page: http://www.ipe.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Holger Görg & Liza Jabbour, 2009. "Multinational Enterprises and Foreign Direct Investment: Introduction," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 1-5, 01.
- Jürgen Bitzer & Holger Görg, 2008.
"Foreign Direct Investment, Competition and Industry Performance,"
Kiel Working Papers
1416, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Jürgen Bitzer & Holger Görg, 2009. "Foreign Direct Investment, Competition and Industry Performance," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 221-233, 02.
- Dumitru, Ionut & Dumitru, Ionela, 2010. "Business Cycle Correlation of the New Meber States with Eurozone - The Case of Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 16-31, December.
- Kottaridi, Constantina & Stengos, Thanasis, 2010.
"Foreign direct investment, human capital and non-linearities in economic growth,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 858-871, September.
- Constantina Kottaridi & Thanasis Stengos, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment, human capital and non-linearities in economic growth," Working Papers 019, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Thanasis Stengos & Costantina Kottaridi, 2008. "Foreign Direct Investment, Human Capital And Nonlinearities In Economic Growth," Working Paper Series 20-08, The Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, revised Jan 2008.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu, 2006. "Trends in the Interest Rate - Investment - GDP Growth Relationship," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 3(3), pages 5-13, September.
- Matthias Busse & José Luis Groizard, 2008.
"Foreign Direct Investment, Regulations and Growth,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(7), pages 861-886, 07.
- Busse, Matthias & Groizard, Jose Luis, 2006. "Foreign direct investment, regulations, and growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3882, The World Bank.
- Ushijima, Tatsuo, 2008. "Domestic bank health and foreign direct investment," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 291-309, September.
- De Santis, Roberto A. & Stähler, Frank, 2008.
"Foreign direct investment and environmental taxes,"
Working Paper Series
0921, European Central Bank.
- Gheorghe Săvoiu & Vasile Dinu & Laurenţiu Tăchiciu, 2012. "Romania Foreign Trade in Global Recession, Revealed by the Extended Method of Exchange Rate Indicators," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(31), pages 173-194, February.
- Unctad, 2009. "Global Foreign Direct Investment In Decline," Transnational Corporations Review, Ottawa United Learning Academy, vol. 1(2), pages 1-3, June.
- Lucian-Liviu Albu & Vasile Dinu, 2009. "How Deep and How Long Could Be the Recession in Romania," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 11(Number Sp), pages 675-683, November.
- Herciu, Mihaela & Ogrean, Claudia, 2011. "A Model for Measuring the National Global Performance and Analyzing its Determinants – The Case of Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 163-177, December.
- Mohsin Habib & Leon Zurawicki, 2002. "Corruption and Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 33(2), pages 291-307, June.
- Gheorghe SAVOIU & Suzana POPA, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment (Fdi) In Romania," Romanian Statistical Review, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 60(1), pages 42-56, February.
- Harri Ramcharran, 1999. "Foreign direct investment and country risk: Further empirical evidence," Global Economic Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 49-59.
- Fathi Ali & Norbert Fiess & Ronald MacDonald, 2010.
"Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 21(2), pages 201-219, April.
- Ali, Fathi & Fiess, Norbert & MacDonald, Ronald, 2008. "Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2008-34, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Fathi Ali & Norbert Fiess & Ronald MacDonald, 2008. "Do Institutions Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," Working Papers 2008_26, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Basu, Parantap & Guariglia, Alessandra, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment, inequality, and growth," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 824-839, December.
- Jinjarak, Yothin, 2007. "Foreign direct investment and macroeconomic risk," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 509-519, September.
- Selin Sayek, 2009. "Foreign Direct Investment and Inflation," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 319-443, October.
- A. J. Khadaroo & B. Seetanah, 2010. "Transport infrastructure and foreign direct investment," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(1), pages 103-123.
- Albu, Lucian Liviu, 2008. "A Model to Estimate the Composite Index of Economic Activity in Romania – IEF-RO," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 5(2), pages 44-50, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rjr:romjef:v::y:2013:i:1:p:39-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Corina Saman)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.