On the gravitation and convergence of industry profit rates in Denmark, Finland, Italy and the US
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adelina Gschwandtner & Michael Hauser, 2008. "Modelling profit series: nonstationarity and long memory," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(11), pages 1475-1482.
- Adelina Gschwandtner, 2005.
"Profit persistence in the 'very' long run: evidence from survivors and exiters,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 793-806.
- Adelina Gschwandtner, 2004. "Profit Persistence in the "Very" Long Run: Evidence from Survivors and Exiters," Vienna Economics Papers 0401, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- John Goddard & David McMillan & John Wilson, 2006. "Do firm sizes and profit rates converge? Evidence on Gibrat's Law and the persistence of profits in the long run," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 267-278.
- Jesús Crespo Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2008.
"Tracing The Dynamics Of Competition: Evidence From Company Profits,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(2), pages 208-213, April.
- Jesús Crespo Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2005. "Tracing the dynamics of competition: Evidence from company profits," Vienna Economics Papers 0504, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Valentina Meliciani & Franco Peracchi, 2006.
"Convergence in per-capita GDP across European regions: a reappraisal,"
Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 549-568, September.
- Valentina Meliciani & Franco Peracchi, 2004. "Convergence in Per-capita GDP Across European Regions: A Reappraisal," CEIS Research Paper 58, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Persefoni Tsaliki & Lefteris Tsoulfidis, 1998. "Alternative Theories of Competition: evidence from Greek manufacturing," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 187-204.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Chen, Hong-Yuan, 1994. "Approximately Median-Unbiased Estimation of Autoregressive Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 187-204, April.
- Schiantarelli, Fabio, 1996. "Financial Constraints and Investment: Methodological Issues and International Evidence," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 70-89, Summer.
- Val Eugene Lambson, 1992. "Competitive Profits in the Long Run," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(1), pages 125-142.
- Fabio D'Orlando, 2007. "A Methodological Note on Long-Period Positions," Contributions to Political Economy, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 17-26.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2009. "Profits in the Long Run," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521101592, August.
- Jack Glen & Kevin Lee & Ajit Singh, 2003.
"Corporate profitability and the dynamics of competition in emerging markets: a time series analysis,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 465-484, November.
- Jack Glen & Kevin Lee & Ajit Singh, 2002. "Corporate profitability and the dynamics of competition in emerging markets: a time series analysis," Working Papers wp248, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Goddard, J. A. & Wilson, J. O. S., 1999. "The persistence of profit: a new empirical interpretation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 663-687, July.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2006.
"The competitive environment hypothesis revisited: non-linearity, nonstationarity and profit persistence,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 465-472.
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2003. "The competitive environment hypothesis revisited: Nonlinearity, nonstationrity and profit persistence," Vienna Economics Papers 0316, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Glen, Jack & Lee, Kevin & Singh, Ajit, 2001. "Persistence of profitability and competition in emerging markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 247-253, August.
- Brozen, Yale, 1971. "Bain's Concentration and Rates of Return Revisited," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(2), pages 351-370, October.
- Lambson, V.E., 1989. "Industry Evolution With Sunk Costs And Uncertian Market Conditions," Working papers 8904, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Mario Pianta & Massimiliano Tancioni, 2008. "Innovations, wages, and profits," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 101-123, September.
- Glick, Mark & Ehrbar, Hans, 1990. "Long-run Equilibrium in the Empirical Study of Monopoly and Competition," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 151-162, January.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis & Persefoni Tsaliki, 2005. "Marxian Theory of Competition and the Concept of Regulating Capital: Evidence from Greek Manufacturing," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 37(1), pages 5-22, March.
- B. Burcin Yurtoglu, 2004. "Persistence of firm-level profitability in Turkey," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 615-625.
- Theodore P. Lianos & Vassilis Droucopoulos, 1993. "Convergence and Hierarchy of Industrial Profit Rates: The Case of Greek Manufacturing," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 25(2), pages 67-80, June.
- Glick, Mark & Ehrbar, Hans, 1988. "Profit rate equalization in the U.S. and Europe: An econometric investigation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 179-201.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993. "Exactly Median-Unbiased Estimation of First Order Autoregressive/Unit Root Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 139-165, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Trofimov, Ivan D., 2018. "Industry rates of return in Korea and alternative theories of competition: equalising convergence versus tendential equalisation," MPRA Paper 88390, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordscapital mobility; gravitation of profit rates; convergence; SURE estimation; exactly median unbiased estimator;
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- L19 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Other
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- L70 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ver:wpaper:02/2010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Reiter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isverit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.