Explaining the persistence of profits: A time-varying approach
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Adelina Gschwandtner & Jesus Crespo Cuaresma, 2013. "Explaining the Persistence of Profits: A Time-Varying Approach," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 39-55, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Galai, Dan & Masulis, Ronald W., 1976. "The option pricing model and the risk factor of stock," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 53-81.
- Shepherd, William G, 1972. "The Elements of Market Structure," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(1), pages 25-37, February.
- Ben-Zion, Uri & Shalit, Sol S, 1975. "Size, Leverage, and Dividend Record as Determinants of Equity Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1015-1026, September.
- Adelina Gschwandtner, 2005.
"Profit persistence in the 'very' long run: evidence from survivors and exiters,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 793-806.
- Adelina Gschwandtner, 2004. "Profit Persistence in the "Very" Long Run: Evidence from Survivors and Exiters," Vienna Economics Papers 0401, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Jesús Crespo Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2008.
"Tracing The Dynamics Of Competition: Evidence From Company Profits,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(2), pages 208-213, April.
- Jesús Crespo Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2005. "Tracing the dynamics of competition: Evidence from company profits," Vienna Economics Papers 0504, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- I. N. Fisher & G. R. Hall, 1969. "Risk and Corporate Rates of Return," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 83(1), pages 79-92.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2006.
"The competitive environment hypothesis revisited: non-linearity, nonstationarity and profit persistence,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 465-472.
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Adelina Gschwandtner, 2003. "The competitive environment hypothesis revisited: Nonlinearity, nonstationrity and profit persistence," Vienna Economics Papers 0316, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Lang, Larry H P & Stulz, Rene M, 1994.
"Tobin's q, Corporate Diversification, and Firm Performance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(6), pages 1248-1280, December.
- Larry H.P. Lang & Rene M. Stulz, 1993. "Tobin's Q, Corporate Diversification and Firm Performance," NBER Working Papers 4376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Working papers 1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- B. Burcin Yurtoglu, 2004. "Persistence of firm-level profitability in Turkey," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 615-625.
- Ravenscraft, David J, 1983. "Structure-Profit Relationships at the Line of Business and Industry Level," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 22-31, February.
- Esposito, Louis & Esposito, Frances Ferguson, 1971. "Foreign Competition and Domestic Industry Profitability," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 53(4), pages 343-353, November.
- Harris, Frederick H deB, 1986. "Market Structure and Price-Cost Performance under Endogenous Profit Risk," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(1), pages 35-59, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:epolit:v:34:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s40888-017-0076-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Hirsch & Monika Hartmann, 2014. "Persistence of firm-level profitability in the European dairy processing industry," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(S1), pages 53-63, November.
More about this item
- L00 - Industrial Organization - - General - - - General
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vie:viennp:0806. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paper Administrator). General contact details of provider: http://www.univie.ac.at/vwl .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.