On the gravitation and convergence of industry incremental rates of return in OECD countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Valentina Meliciani & Franco Peracchi, 2006.
"Convergence in per-capita GDP across European regions: a reappraisal,"
Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 549-568, September.
- Valentina Meliciani & Franco Peracchi, 2004. "Convergence in Per-capita GDP Across European Regions: A Reappraisal," CEIS Research Paper 58, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Andrews, Donald W K & Chen, Hong-Yuan, 1994. "Approximately Median-Unbiased Estimation of Autoregressive Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 12(2), pages 187-204, April.
- Schiantarelli, Fabio, 1996. "Financial Constraints and Investment: Methodological Issues and International Evidence," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 70-89, Summer.
- Anwar M. Shaikh, 1995.
"The Stock Market and the Corporate Sector: Profit-Based Approach,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_146, Levy Economics Institute.
- Anwar M. Shaikh, 1998. "The Stock Market and the Corporate Sector: A Profit-Based Approach," Macroeconomics 9811007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fabio D'Orlando, 2007. "A Methodological Note on Long-Period Positions," Contributions to Political Economy, Oxford University Press, vol. 26(1), pages 17-26.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2009. "Profits in the Long Run," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521101592, October.
- Jack Glen & Kevin Lee & Ajit Singh, 2003.
"Corporate profitability and the dynamics of competition in emerging markets: a time series analysis,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 465-484, November.
- Jack Glen & Kevin Lee & Ajit Singh, 2002. "Corporate profitability and the dynamics of competition in emerging markets: a time series analysis," Working Papers wp248, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Shaikh, Anwar, 1980. "Marxian Competition versus Perfect Competition: Further Comments on the So-Called Choice of Technique," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(1), pages 75-83, March.
- Glen, Jack & Lee, Kevin & Singh, Ajit, 2001. "Persistence of profitability and competition in emerging markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 247-253, August.
- Lambson, V.E., 1989. "Industry Evolution With Sunk Costs And Uncertian Market Conditions," Working papers 8904, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Adelina Gschwandtner, 2005.
"Profit persistence in the 'very' long run: evidence from survivors and exiters,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 793-806.
- Adelina Gschwandtner, 2004. "Profit Persistence in the "Very" Long Run: Evidence from Survivors and Exiters," Vienna Economics Papers 0401, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Glick, Mark & Ehrbar, Hans, 1990. "Long-run Equilibrium in the Empirical Study of Monopoly and Competition," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 151-162, January.
- Glick, Mark & Ehrbar, Hans, 1988. "Profit rate equalization in the U.S. and Europe: An econometric investigation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 179-201.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993. "Exactly Median-Unbiased Estimation of First Order Autoregressive/Unit Root Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 139-165, January.
- Val Eugene Lambson, 1992. "Competitive Profits in the Long Run," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(1), pages 125-142.
- Goddard, J. A. & Wilson, J. O. S., 1999. "The persistence of profit: a new empirical interpretation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 663-687, July.
- Mario Pianta & Massimiliano Tancioni, 2008. "Innovations, wages, and profits," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(1), pages 101-123, September.
- Lefteris Tsoulfidis & Persefoni Tsaliki, 2005. "Marxian Theory of Competition and the Concept of Regulating Capital: Evidence from Greek Manufacturing," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 37(1), pages 5-22, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrea Vaona, 2011. "An empirical investigation into the gravitation and convergence of industry return rates in OECD countries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 465-502.
More about this item
Keywordscapital mobility; gravitation; convergence; incremental rates of returns; SURE estimation; exactly median unbiased estimator;
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- L19 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Other
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- L70 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-08-06 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ver:wpaper:03/2010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Reiter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isverit.html .