Backward/forward optimal combination of performance measures for equity screening
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Billio, Monica & Caporin, Massimiliano & Costola, Michele, 2015. "Backward/forward optimal combination of performance measures for equity screening," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 63-83.
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor DeMiguel & Lorenzo Garlappi & Raman Uppal, 2009. "Optimal Versus Naive Diversification: How Inefficient is the 1-N Portfolio Strategy?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(5), pages 1915-1953, May.
- Michaud, Richard O. & Michaud, Robert O., 2008. "Efficient Asset Management: A Practical Guide to Stock Portfolio Optimization and Asset Allocation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780195331912.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Francesco Lisi, 2009. "Comparing and selecting performance measures for ranking assets," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0099, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Manfred Gilli & Enrico Schumann, 2012. "Heuristic optimisation in financial modelling," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 193(1), pages 129-158, March.
- Sergio Ortobelli Lozza & Enrico Angelelli & Daniele Toninelli, 2011. "Set-Portfolio Selection with the Use of Market Stochastic Bounds," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(0), pages 5-24, November.
- Farinelli, Simone & Tibiletti, Luisa, 2008. "Sharpe thinking in asset ranking with one-sided measures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 185(3), pages 1542-1547, March.
- Farinelli, Simone & Ferreira, Manuel & Rossello, Damiano & Thoeny, Markus & Tibiletti, Luisa, 2008. "Beyond Sharpe ratio: Optimal asset allocation using different performance ratios," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2057-2063, October.
- Bjorn Hagstromer & Jane Binner, 2009. "Stock portfolio selection with full-scale optimization and differential evolution," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(19), pages 1559-1571.
- Dowd, Kevin, 2000. "Adjusting for risk:: An improved Sharpe ratio," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 209-222, July.
- Eling, Martin & Schuhmacher, Frank, 2007. "Does the choice of performance measure influence the evaluation of hedge funds?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2632-2647, September.
- Thiemo Krink & Sandra Paterlini, 2011. "Multiobjective optimization using differential evolution for real-world portfolio optimization," Computational Management Science, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 157-179, April.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Grégory M. Jannin & Francesco Lisi & Bertrand B. Maillet, 2014.
"A Survey On The Four Families Of Performance Measures,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 917-942, December.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Grégory M. Jannin & Francesco Lisi & Bertrand Maillet, 2014. "A Survey on the Four Families of Performance Measures," Post-Print hal-01243416, HAL.
- Tu, Jun & Zhou, Guofu, 2011. "Markowitz meets Talmud: A combination of sophisticated and naive diversification strategies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 204-215, January.
- Wermers, Russ, 2006. "Performance evaluation with portfolio holdings information," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 207-230, August.
- Ballestero, E. & Gunther, M. & Pla-Santamaria, D. & Stummer, C., 2007. "Portfolio selection under strict uncertainty: A multi-criteria methodology and its application to the Frankfurt and Vienna Stock Exchanges," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1476-1487, September.
- Farinelli, Simone & Ferreira, Manuel & Rossello, Damiano & Thoeny, Markus & Tibiletti, Luisa, 2009. "Optimal asset allocation aid system: From "one-size" vs "tailor-made" performance ratio," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 209-215, January.
- Hiroshi Konno & Hiroaki Yamazaki, 1991. "Mean-Absolute Deviation Portfolio Optimization Model and Its Applications to Tokyo Stock Market," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 37(5), pages 519-531, May.
- Thiemo Krink & Stefan Mittnik & Sandra Paterlini, 2009.
"Differential evolution and combinatorial search for constrained index-tracking,"
Annals of Operations Research,
Springer, vol. 172(1), pages 153-176, November.
- Thiemo Krink & Stefan Mittnik & Sandra Paterlini, 2009. "Differential Evolution and Combinatorial Search for Constrained Index Tracking," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 09032, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Mark Salmon & Soosung Hwang, 2001. "An Analysis of Performance Measures Using Copulae," Working Papers wp01-13, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bertrand Maillet & Michele Costola & Massimiliano Caporin & Gregory Jannin, 2015. "On the (Ab)Use of Omega?," Working Papers 2015:02, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Michele Costola & Massimiliano Caporin, 2016.
"Rational Learning For Risk-Averse Investors By Conditioning On Behavioral Choices,"
Annals of Financial Economics (AFE),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., pages 1-26.
- Michele Costola & Massimiliano Caporin, 2015. "Rational learning for risk-averse investors by conditioning on behavioral choices," Working Papers 2015:16, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Massimiliano Caporin & Luca Corazzini & Michele Costola, 2014. "Measuring the Behavioral Component of Financial Fluctuations: An Analysis Based on the S&P 500," CREATES Research Papers 2014-33, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- León, Ángel & Moreno, Manuel, 2015. "Lower Partial Moments under Gram Charlier Distribution: Performance Measures and Efficient Frontiers," QM&ET Working Papers 15-3, University of Alicante, D. Quantitative Methods and Economic Theory.
More about this item
Keywordsperformance measures; combining performance measures; portfolio allocation; equity screening; differential evolution.;
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C58 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Financial Econometrics
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ven:wpaper:2012_13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geraldine Ludbrook). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsvenit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.