Sharpe thinking in asset ranking with one-sided measures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fishburn, Peter C, 1977. "Mean-Risk Analysis with Risk Associated with Below-Target Returns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 116-126, March.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "The Utility of Wealth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60, pages 151-151.
- Milton Friedman & L. J. Savage, 1948. "The Utility Analysis of Choices Involving Risk," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 56, pages 279-279.
- Luisa Tibiletti & Simone Farinelli, 2003. "Upside and downside risk with a benchmark," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 31(4), pages 387-387, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bertrand Maillet & Michele Costola & Massimiliano Caporin & Gregory Jannin, 2015. "On the (Ab)Use of Omega?," Working Papers 2015:02, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Bouaddi, Mohammed & Taamouti, Abderrahim, 2013. "Portfolio selection in a data-rich environment," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 2943-2962.
- Schuhmacher, Frank & Auer, Benjamin R., 2014. "Sufficient conditions under which SSD- and MR-efficient sets are identical," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(3), pages 756-763.
- Mohammed Bouaddi & Abderrahim Taamouti, 2012. "Portfolio risk management in a data-rich environment," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 26(4), pages 469-494, December.
- Farinelli, Simone & Ferreira, Manuel & Rossello, Damiano & Thoeny, Markus & Tibiletti, Luisa, 2009. "Optimal asset allocation aid system: From "one-size" vs "tailor-made" performance ratio," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 209-215, January.
- Chen, Zhiping & Wang, Yi, 2008. "Two-sided coherent risk measures and their application in realistic portfolio optimization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2667-2673, December.
- Harris, Richard D.F. & Stoja, Evarist & Tan, Linzhi, 2017.
"The dynamic Black–Litterman approach to asset allocation,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 259(3), pages 1085-1096.
- Harris, Richard D F & Stoja, Evarist & Tan, Linzhi, 2016. "The dynamic Black-Litterman approach to asset allocation," Bank of England working papers 596, Bank of England.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer & Wing-Keung Wong, 2018.
"Management Information, Decision Sciences, and Financial Economics: A Connection,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
18-004/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Chang, C-L. & McAleer, M.J. & Wong, W.-K., 2018. "Management Information, Decision Sciences, and Financial Economics : a connection," Econometric Institute Research Papers 2018-004/III, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Niu, Cuizhen & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Lixing, 2017. "Farinelli and Tibiletti ratio and Stochastic Dominance," MPRA Paper 82737, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Farinelli, Simone & Ferreira, Manuel & Rossello, Damiano & Thoeny, Markus & Tibiletti, Luisa, 2008. "Beyond Sharpe ratio: Optimal asset allocation using different performance ratios," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2057-2063, October.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Grégory M. Jannin & Francesco Lisi & Bertrand B. Maillet, 2014.
"A Survey On The Four Families Of Performance Measures,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 917-942, December.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Grégory M. Jannin & Francesco Lisi & Bertrand Maillet, 2014. "A Survey on the Four Families of Performance Measures," Post-Print hal-01243416, HAL.
- Bosch-Badia, Maria Teresa & Montllor-Serrats, Joan & Tarrazon-Rodon, Maria-Antonia, 2014. "Unveiling the embedded coherence in divergent performance rankings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 154-165.
- Billio, Monica & Caporin, Massimiliano & Costola, Michele, 2015.
"Backward/forward optimal combination of performance measures for equity screening,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 63-83.
- Monica Billio & Massimiliano Caporin & Michele Costola, 2012. "Backward/forward optimal combination of performance measures for equity screening," Working Papers 2012_13, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Hentati-Kaffel, Rania, 2016. "Structured products under generalized kappa ratio," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 599-614.
- Bertrand, Philippe & Prigent, Jean-luc, 2011. "Omega performance measure and portfolio insurance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1811-1823, July.
- Schuhmacher, Frank & Eling, Martin, 2012. "A decision-theoretic foundation for reward-to-risk performance measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2077-2082.
- Diana Barro & Elio Canestrelli & Fabio Lanza, 2014. "Volatility vs. downside risk: optimally protecting against drawdowns and maintaining portfolio performance," Working Papers 2014:18, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- León, Angel & Moreno, Manuel, 2017. "One-sided performance measures under Gram-Charlier distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 38-50.
- Niu, Cuizhen & Wong, Wing-Keung & Zhu, Lixing, 2016. "First Stochastic Dominance and Risk Measurement," MPRA Paper 75027, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- León, Ángel & Moreno, Manuel, 2015. "Lower Partial Moments under Gram Charlier Distribution: Performance Measures and Efficient Frontiers," QM&ET Working Papers 15-3, University of Alicante, D. Quantitative Methods and Economic Theory.
- Benedikt Hoechner & Peter Reichling & Gordon Schulze, 2015. "Pitfalls of downside performance measures with arbitrary targets," FEMM Working Papers 150018, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Bianchi, Daniele & Guidolin, Massimo, 2014. "Can long-run dynamic optimal strategies outperform fixed-mix portfolios? Evidence from multiple data sets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 236(1), pages 160-176.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Michael McAleer & Wing-Keung Wong, 2018. "Decision Sciences, Economics, Finance, Business, Computing, and Big Data: Connections," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 18-024/III, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gomes, Pedro & Taamouti, Abderrahim, 2016. "In search of the determinants of European asset market comovements," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 103-117.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-510 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:185:y:2008:i:3:p:1542-1547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.