Learning and Information Dissemination in Limit Order Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brock, William A. & Hommes, Cars H., 1998.
"Heterogeneous beliefs and routes to chaos in a simple asset pricing model,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1235-1274, August.
- Brock, W.A. & Hommes, C.H., 1996. "Hetergeneous Beliefs and Routes to Chaos in a Simple Asset Pricing Model," Working papers 9621, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Ahn, Hee-Joon & Cai, Jun & Hamao, Yasushi & Ho, Richard Y. K., 2002. "The components of the bid-ask spread in a limit-order market: evidence from the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 399-430, November.
- Carl Chiarella & Roberto Dieci & Xue-Zhong He, 2008. "Heterogeneity, Market Mechanisms, and Asset Price Dynamics," Research Paper Series 231, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Chiarella, Carl & Iori, Giulia, 2009.
"The impact of heterogeneous trading rules on the limit order book and order flows,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 525-537.
- Carl Chiarella & Giulia Iori, 2005. "The Impact of Heterogeneous Trading Rules on the Limit Order Book and Order Flows," Research Paper Series 152, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Chiarella, C. & Iori, G. & Perello, J., 2008. "The Impact of Heterogeneous Trading Rules on the Limit Order Book and Order Flows," Working Papers 08/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Carl Chiarella & Giulia Iori & Josep Perello, 2007. "The Impact of Heterogeneous Trading Rules on the Limit Order Book and Order Flows," Papers 0711.3581, arXiv.org.
- Anufriev, Mikhail & Panchenko, Valentyn, 2009.
"Asset prices, traders' behavior and market design,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 1073-1090, May.
- Anufriev, M. & Panchenko, V., 2007. "Asset Prices, Traders' Behavior, and Market Design," CeNDEF Working Papers 07-14, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Lukas Menkhoff & Carol L. Osler & Maik Schmeling, 2010. "Limit-Order Submission Strategies under Asymmetric Information," CESifo Working Paper Series 3054, CESifo Group Munich.
- Menkhoff, Lukas & Osler, Carol L. & Schmeling, Maik, 2010. "Limit-order submission strategies under asymmetric information," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2665-2677, November.
- Tapia Torres, Miguel Ángel & Moreno Muñoz, Jesús David & Gil Bazo, Javier, 2005. "Price dynamics, informational efficiency and wealth distribution in continuous double auction markets," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb057819, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Arifovic, Jasmina, 1994. "Genetic algorithm learning and the cobweb model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-28, January.
- Thomas H. Noe & Michael J. Rebello & Jun Wang, 2006. "The Evolution of Security Designs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(5), pages 2103-2135, October.
- Burton Hollifield & Robert A. Miller & Patrik Sandås & Joshua Slive, 2006.
"Estimating the Gains from Trade in Limit‐Order Markets,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 61(6), pages 2753-2804, December.
- Hollifield, Burton & Miller, Robert A. & Sandås, Patrik & Slive, Joshua, 2004. "Estimating the Gains From Trade in Limit Order Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 4432, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- J. Doyne Farmer & Paolo Patelli & Ilija I. Zovko, 2003. "The Predictive Power of Zero Intelligence in Financial Markets," Papers cond-mat/0309233, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2004.
- Giulia Iori & Carl Chiarella, 2002. "A simple microstructure model of double auction markets," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 44, Society for Computational Economics.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1987. "Price, trade size, and information in securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 69-90, September.
- Marco Licalzi & Paolo Pellizzari, 2003.
"Fundamentalists clashing over the book: a study of order-driven stock markets,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(6), pages 470-480.
- Marco LiCalzi & Paolo Pellizzari, 2002. "Fundamentalists Clashing over the Book: A Study of Order-Driven Stock Markets," Computational Economics 0207001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Mar 2003.
- Kluger, Brian D. & McBride, Mark E., 2011. "Intraday trading patterns in an intelligent autonomous agent-based stock market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 226-245, August.
- Bloomfield, Robert & O'Hara, Maureen & Saar, Gideon, 2005. "The "make or take" decision in an electronic market: Evidence on the evolution of liquidity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 165-199, January.
- Ronald L. Goettler & Christine A. Parlour & Uday Rajan, 2005. "Equilibrium in a Dynamic Limit Order Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(5), pages 2149-2192, October.
- Arifovic, Jasmina, 1996. "The Behavior of the Exchange Rate in the Genetic Algorithm and Experimental Economies," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(3), pages 510-541, June.
- Routledge, Bryan R., 2001. "Genetic Algorithm Learning To Choose And Use Information," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 303-325, April.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Mikhail Anufriev & Jasmina Arifovic & John Ledyard & Valentyn Panchenko, 2013.
"Efficiency of continuous double auctions under individual evolutionary learning with full or limited information,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 539-573, July.
- Anufriev, M. & Arifovic, J. & Ledyard, D. & Panchenko, V., 2010. "Efficiency of Continuous Double Auctions under Individual Evolutionary Learning with Full or Limited Information," CeNDEF Working Papers 10-01, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1994. " Is the Electronic Open Limit Order Book Inevitable?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(4), pages 1127-1161, September.
- Brockman, Paul & Chung, Dennis Y, 1999. "Bid-Ask Spread Components in an Order-Driven Environment," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 22(2), pages 227-246, Summer.
- Goettler, Ronald L. & Parlour, Christine A. & Rajan, Uday, 2009. "Informed traders and limit order markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 67-87, July.
- Lux, Thomas, 1995. "Herd Behaviour, Bubbles and Crashes," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(431), pages 881-896, July.
- Carl Chiarella, 1992. "The Dynamics of Speculative Behaviour," Working Paper Series 13, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Anat R. Admati, Paul Pfleiderer, 1988. "A Theory of Intraday Patterns: Volume and Price Variability," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 3-40.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carl Chiarella & Xue-Zhong He & Lijian Wei, 2013. "Learning and Evolution of Trading Strategies in Limit Order Markets," Research Paper Series 335, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Yosra Mefteh Rekik & Younes Boujelbene, 2015. "Price Dynamics and Market Volatility: Behavioral Heterogeneity under Switching Trading Strategies on Artificial Financial Market," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 6(2), pages 33-43, April.
- Yi-Fang Liu & Wei Zhang & Chao Xu & Jørgen Vitting Andersen & Hai-Chuan Xu, 2014. "Impact of information cost and switching of trading strategies in an artificial stock market," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01011701, HAL.
- Yi-Fang Liu & Wei Zhang & Chao Xu & Jørgen Vitting Andersen & Hai-Chuan Xu, 2014. "Impact of information cost and switching of trading strategies in an artificial stock market," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01215947, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsLimit order book; continuous double auction; learning; information dissemination; order aggressiveness; bid-ask spread;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:rpaper:333. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/qfutsau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.