In Praise of (Some) Red Tape: A New Approach to Regulation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Gordon Menzies & Peter Dixon & Maureen Rimmer, 2016. "In Praise of (Some) Red Tape: A New Approach to Regulation," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 92(299), pages 631-647, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert W. Faff & Tom Smith, 2015. "A simple template for pitching research," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 55(2), pages 311-336, June.
- Douglas Elliott & Andre O Santos, 2012. "Assessing the Cost of Financial Regulation," IMF Working Papers 12/233, International Monetary Fund.
- Bird, R. & Menzies, G. & Dixon, P. & Rimmer, M., 2011.
"The economic costs of US stock mispricing,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 552-567, July.
- G. Menzies & R. Bird & P. Dixon & M. Rimmer, 2010. "The Economic Costs of US Stock Mispricing," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-204, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Cihak, Martin & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Johnston, R. Barry, 2013. "Incentive audits : a new approach to financial regulation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6308, The World Bank.
- Janine M. Dixon & Peter B. Dixon & James A. Giesecke & Maureen T. Rimmer, 2014.
"Quantifying “Dog Days”,"
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 33(3), pages 203-219, September.
- J.M. Dixon & P.B. Dixon & J.A. Giesecke & M.T. Rimmer, 2014. "Quantifying "Dog Days"," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers g-246, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2008. "Microeconomics of Banking, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262062704, January.
- Jennifer A. Elliott & Aditya Narain & Ian Tower & José Vinãls & Pierluigi Bologna & Michael Hsu & Jonathan Fiechter, 2010. "The Making of Good Supervision; Learning to Say "No"," IMF Staff Position Notes 2010/08, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ecorec:v:93:y:2017:i::p:16-37 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBanking; Regulation; Monitoring; Financial Crises; Independent dimension of regulation;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2016-11-27 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2016-11-27 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uts:ecowps:33. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edutsau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.