Is It Possible to De-dollarize? The Case of Ecuador
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Kenneth P. Jameson, 2003. "Is It Possible to De-Dollarize? : The Case of Ecuador," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 42-60.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:37:y:2003:i:3:p:643-663 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2002.
"Fear of Floating,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 379-408.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 2000. "Fear of Floating," NBER Working Papers 7993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2002. "Fear of floating," MPRA Paper 14000, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinhart, Carmen, 2001. "Fear of Floating: Exchange Rate Flexibility Indices," MPRA Paper 13196, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dean, James W., 2001. "Should Latin America's common law marriages to the US dollar be legalized? Should Canada's?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 291-300, April.
- Edgar L. Feige & Vedran Šošiæ & Michael Faulend & Velimir Šonje, 2002. "Unofficial Dollarization in Latin America: Currency Substitution, Network Externalities and Irreversibility," International Finance 0205002, EconWPA.
- Lee Alston & Andres Gallo, 2002. "The Political Economy of Bank Reform in Argentina Under Convertibility," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 1-16.
- Owen F. Humpage, 2002. "An incentive-compatible suggestion for seigniorage sharing with dollarizing countries," Policy Discussion Papers, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Jun.
- Fanelli, José María & Heymann, Daniel, 2002. "Monetary dilemmas: Argentina in MERCOSUR," Estudios y Perspectivas – Oficina de la CEPAL en Buenos Aires 7, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Michael Melvin & Bettina Peiers, 1996. "Dollarization In Developing Countries: Rational Remedy Or Domestic Dilemma?," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 30-40, July.
- A. Piatt Andrew, 1904. "The End of the Mexican Dollar," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 321-356.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Metin-Özcan, Kıvılcım & Us, Vuslat, 2007. "Dedollarization in Turkey after decades of dollarization: A myth or reality?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 385(1), pages 292-306.
- repec:ecr:col070:42014 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-François Ponsot, 2012. "Financement soutenable et création monétaire en régime de dollarisation : le cas de l'Équateur," Post-Print halshs-00687369, HAL.
- Jean-François Ponsot, 2005. "Stratégie monétaire des économies émergentes : les écueils de la dollarisation," Post-Print halshs-00098285, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsDollarization; Ecuador; de-dollarization; Dollar bloc; exchange rate regime; seigniorage;
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O5 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uta:papers:2003_07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuutus.html .