A new chance-constrained maximum capture location problem
The paper presents a new model based on the basic Maximum Capture model, MAXCAP. The New Chance–Constrained Maximum Capture modelintroduces a stochastic threshold constraint, which recognises the fact that a facility can be open only if a minimum level of demand is captured. A metaheuristic based on MAX–MIN ANT system and TABU search procedure is presented to solve the model. This is the first time that the MAX–MIN ANT system is adapted to solve a location problem. Computational experience and an application to 55–node network are also presented.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel Serra & Charles Revelle, 1993. "Market capture by two competitors: The pre-emptive location problem," Economics Working Papers 39, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- D Serra & S Ratick & C ReVelle, 1996.
"The Maximum Capture Problem with Uncertainty,"
Environment and Planning B,
SAGE Publishing, vol. 23(1), pages 49-59, February.
- Michel Gendreau & Alain Hertz & Gilbert Laporte, 1994. "A Tabu Search Heuristic for the Vehicle Routing Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(10), pages 1276-1290, October.
- Rolland, Erik & Schilling, David A. & Current, John R., 1997. "An efficient tabu search procedure for the p-Median Problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 329-342, January.
- Daniel Serra & Charles Revelle & Ken Rosing, 1999. "Surviving in a competitive spatial market: The threshold capture model," Economics Working Papers 359, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Daniel Serra & Vladimir Marianov, 1996. "The P-median problem in a changing network: The case of Barcelona," Economics Working Papers 180, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Daniel Serra & Rosa Colomé, 2000. "Supermarket key attributes and location decisions: A comparative study between British and Spanish consumers," Economics Working Papers 469, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Daniel Serra & Charles Revelle, 1997. "Competitive location and pricing on networks," Economics Working Papers 219, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:661. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.