An efficient tabu search procedure for the p-Median Problem
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Current, John R. & Schilling, David A., 1994. "The median tour and maximal covering tour problems: Formulations and heuristics," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 114-126, February.
- Barbaros C. Tansel & Richard L. Francis & Timothy J. Lowe, 1983. "State of the Art---Location on Networks: A Survey. Part I: The p-Center and p-Median Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(4), pages 482-497, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rosa Colomé & Helena Lourenço & Daniel Serra, 2003.
"A New Chance-Constrained Maximum Capture Location Problem,"
Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 121-139, September.
- Rosa Colomé & Helena Ramalhinho-Lourenço & Daniel Serra, 2003. "A new chance-constrained maximum capture location problem," Economics Working Papers 661, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Daniel Serra, 2003. "Location of multiple server common service centers or public facilities for minimizing general congestion and travel cost functions," Economics Working Papers 658, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Oded Berman & Zvi Drezner & Arie Tamir & George Wesolowsky, 2009. "Optimal location with equitable loads," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 167(1), pages 307-325, March.
- Yılmaz, Seren Bilge & Yücel, Eda, 2021. "Optimizing onboard catering loading locations and plans for airlines," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- K.E. Rosing & C.S. ReVelle, 1997. "Heuristic Concentration and Tabu Search: A Nose to Nose Comparison," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 97-058/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Linjie Chen & Thibaud Monteiro & Tao Wang & Eric Marcon, 2019. "Design of shared unit-dose drug distribution network using multi-level particle swarm optimization," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 304-317, June.
- Kassem Danach & Shahin Gelareh & Rahimeh Neamatian Monemi, 2019. "The capacitated single-allocation p-hub location routing problem: a Lagrangian relaxation and a hyper-heuristic approach," EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics, Springer;EURO - The Association of European Operational Research Societies, vol. 8(5), pages 597-631, December.
- Aras, Necati & Aksen, Deniz, 2008. "Locating collection centers for distance- and incentive-dependent returns," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 111(2), pages 316-333, February.
- Rosing, K. E. & ReVelle, C. S. & Rolland, E. & Schilling, D. A. & Current, J. R., 1998. "Heuristic concentration and Tabu search: A head to head comparison," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 93-99, January.
- Schilling, D. A. & Rosing, K. E. & ReVelle, C. S., 2000. "Network distance characteristics that affect computational effort in p-median location problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 127(3), pages 525-536, December.
- Rosing, K. E. & ReVelle, C. S. & Schilling, D. A., 1999. "A gamma heuristic for the p-median problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 522-532, September.
- Noham, Reut & Tzur, Michal, 2018. "Designing humanitarian supply chains by incorporating actual post-disaster decisions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 265(3), pages 1064-1077.
- Caleb C. Fast & Illya V. Hicks, 2017. "A Branch Decomposition Algorithm for the p -Median Problem," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 29(3), pages 474-488, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ivan Contreras & Moayad Tanash & Navneet Vidyarthi, 2017. "Exact and heuristic approaches for the cycle hub location problem," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 258(2), pages 655-677, November.
- Renaud, Jacques & Boctor, Fayez F., 1998. "An efficient composite heuristic for the symmetric generalized traveling salesman problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 108(3), pages 571-584, August.
- Fadda, Edoardo & Manerba, Daniele & Cabodi, Gianpiero & Camurati, Paolo Enrico & Tadei, Roberto, 2021. "Comparative analysis of models and performance indicators for optimal service facility location," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 145(C).
- Khachatryan, Hayk & Jessup, Eric & Casavant, Kenneth, 2010. "A GIS-based Estimation of Regional Biomass Supply and Transportation Costs for Biofuel Plant Least-Cost Location Decisions," 51st Annual Transportation Research Forum, Arlington, Virginia, March 11-13, 2010 207816, Transportation Research Forum.
- Glize, Estèle & Roberti, Roberto & Jozefowiez, Nicolas & Ngueveu, Sandra Ulrich, 2020. "Exact methods for mono-objective and Bi-Objective Multi-Vehicle Covering Tour Problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 283(3), pages 812-824.
- Matisziw, Timothy C. & Murray, Alan T. & Kim, Changjoo, 2006. "Strategic route extension in transit networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 171(2), pages 661-673, June.
- Lari, Isabella & Ricca, Federica & Scozzari, Andrea, 2008. "Comparing different metaheuristic approaches for the median path problem with bounded length," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 190(3), pages 587-597, November.
- Peeters, Peter H., 1998. "Some new algorithms for location problems on networks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(2), pages 299-309, January.
- Oded Berman & Dmitry Krass & Mozart B. C. Menezes, 2007. "Facility Reliability Issues in Network p -Median Problems: Strategic Centralization and Co-Location Effects," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 55(2), pages 332-350, April.
- Russell Halper & S. Raghavan, 2011. "The Mobile Facility Routing Problem," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(3), pages 413-434, August.
- Widener, Michael J. & Horner, Mark W., 2011. "A hierarchical approach to modeling hurricane disaster relief goods distribution," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 821-828.
- Christian Artigues & Nicolas Jozefowiez & Boadu M. Sarpong, 2018. "Column generation algorithms for bi-objective combinatorial optimization problems with a min–max objective," EURO Journal on Computational Optimization, Springer;EURO - The Association of European Operational Research Societies, vol. 6(2), pages 117-142, June.
- Lei, Chao & Lin, Wei-Hua & Miao, Lixin, 2014. "A multicut L-shaped based algorithm to solve a stochastic programming model for the mobile facility routing and scheduling problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 238(3), pages 699-710.
- Afsaneh Amiri & Majid Salari, 2019. "Time-constrained maximal covering routing problem," OR Spectrum: Quantitative Approaches in Management, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research e.V., vol. 41(2), pages 415-468, June.
- Corinna Heßler & Kaouthar Deghdak, 2017. "Discrete parallel machine makespan ScheLoc problem," Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 1159-1186, November.
- Zvi Drezner & George Wesolowsky, 2014. "Covering Part of a Planar Network," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 629-646, December.
- Owen, Susan Hesse & Daskin, Mark S., 1998. "Strategic facility location: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 423-447, December.
- Taymaz, S. & Iyigun, C. & Bayindir, Z.P. & Dellaert, N.P., 2020. "A healthcare facility location problem for a multi-disease, multi-service environment under risk aversion," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 71(C).
- Contreras, Ivan & Fernández, Elena, 2012. "General network design: A unified view of combined location and network design problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(3), pages 680-697.
- Eduardo Álvarez-Miranda & Markus Sinnl, 2020. "A branch-and-cut algorithm for the maximum covering cycle problem," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 284(2), pages 487-499, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ejores:v:96:y:1997:i:2:p:329-342. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/eor .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.