Location of multiple server common service centers or public facilities for minimizing general congestion and travel cost functions
We propose a model and solution methods, for locating a fixed number of multiple-server, congestible common service centers or congestible public facilities. Locations are chosen so to minimize consumers’ congestion (or queuing) and travel costs, considering that all the demand must be served. Customers choose the facilities to which they travel in order to receive service at minimum travel and congestion cost. As a proxy for this criterion, total travel and waiting costs are minimized. The travel cost is a general function of the origin and destination of the demand, while the congestion cost is a general function of the number of customers in queue at the facilities.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michel Gendreau & Alain Hertz & Gilbert Laporte, 1994. "A Tabu Search Heuristic for the Vehicle Routing Problem," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(10), pages 1276-1290, October.
- Vladimir Marianov & Daniel Serra & Charles Revelle, 1997.
"Location of hubs in a competitive environment,"
Economics Working Papers
227, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Rolland, Erik & Schilling, David A. & Current, John R., 1997. "An efficient tabu search procedure for the p-Median Problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 329-342, January.
- Marianov, Vladimir & Serra, Daniel, 2001.
"Hierarchical location-allocation models for congested systems,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 195-208, November.
- Vladimir Marianov & Daniel Serra, 2000. "Hierarchical location-allocation models for congested systems," Economics Working Papers 425, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- J. MUYSKENS & C. de Neubourg, 1986. "Introduction," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1986031, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:658. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.