The P-median problem in a changing network: The case of Barcelona
In this paper a p--median--like model is formulated to address the issue of locating new facilities when there is uncertainty. Several possible future scenarios with respect to demand and/or the travel times/distance parameters are presented. The planner will want a strategy of positioning that will do as ``well as possible'' over the future scenarios. This paper presents a discrete location model formulation to address this P--Median problem under uncertainty. The model is applied to the location of fire stations in Barcelona.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- D Serra & S Ratick & C ReVelle, 1996.
"The maximum capture problem with uncertainty,"
Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(1), pages 49-59, January.
- D Serra & S Ratick & C ReVelle, 1996. "The Maximum Capture Problem with Uncertainty," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 23(1), pages 49-59, February.
- Daniel Serra & Samuel Ratick & Charles Revelle, 1994. "The maximum capture problem with uncertainty," Economics Working Papers 74, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- M S Daskin & A Haghani, 1984. "Multiple Vehicle Routing and Dispatching to an Emergency Scene," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 16(10), pages 1349-1359, October.
- M S Daskin & A Haghani, 1984. "Multiple vehicle routing and dispatching to an emergency scene," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 16(10), pages 1349-1359, October. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.