Discrete choice estimation of time preferences
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Rust, John, 1987. "Optimal Replacement of GMC Bus Engines: An Empirical Model of Harold Zurcher," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 999-1033, September.
- Paola Manzini & Marco Mariotti, 2014.
"Stochastic Choice and Consideration Sets,"
Econometric Society, vol. 82(3), pages 1153-1176, May.
- Paola Manzini & Marco Mariotti, 2012. "Stochastic Choice and Consideration Sets," CEEL Working Papers 1205, Cognitive and Experimental Economics Laboratory, Department of Economics, University of Trento, Italia.
- Paola, Manzini & Marco, Mariotti, 2013. "Stochastic Choice and Consideration Sets," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-28, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Manzini, Paola & Mariotti, Marco, 2012. "Stochastic Choice and Consideration Sets," IZA Discussion Papers 6905, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paola Manzini & Marco Mariotti, 2013. "Stochastic Choice and Consideration Sets," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201303, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Steffen Andersen & Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & E. Elisabet Rutström, 2008. "Eliciting Risk and Time Preferences," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(3), pages 583-618, May.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Mira, Pedro, 2010.
"Dynamic discrete choice structural models: A survey,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 156(1), pages 38-67, May.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Pedro mira, 2007. "Dynamic Discrete Choice Structural Models: A Survey," Working Papers tecipa-297, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Horowitz, John K., 1992. "Comparative impatience," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 25-29, January.
- Namkee Ahn, 1995. "Measuring the Value of Children by Sex and Age Using a Dynamic Programming Model," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 62(3), pages 361-379.
- Saul Pleeter & John T. Warner, 2001. "The Personal Discount Rate: Evidence from Military Downsizing Programs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 33-53, March.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521747387.
- Donna B. Gilleskie, 1998. "A Dynamic Stochastic Model of Medical Care Use and Work Absence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 1-46, January.
- Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1984. "An Estimable Dynamic Stochastic Model of Fertility and Child Mortality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(5), pages 852-874, October.
- Gregory S. Crawford & Matthew Shum, 2005. "Uncertainty and Learning in Pharmaceutical Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(4), pages 1137-1173, July.
- George Loewenstein & Drazen Prelec, 1992. "Anomalies in Intertemporal Choice: Evidence and an Interpretation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 573-597.
- Meier, Stephan & Sprenger, Charles, 2010. "Stability of Time Preferences," IZA Discussion Papers 4756, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jose Apesteguia & Miguel A. Ballester, 2014. "Discrete choice estimation of risk aversion," Economics Working Papers 1443, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Faruk Gul & Paulo Natenzon & Wolfgang Pesendorfer, 2014. "Random Choice as Behavioral Optimization," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 82, pages 1873-1912, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscrete Choice; Structural Estimation; Time; Discounting; Random Utility Models; Random Preference Models.;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- D90 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-10-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-DCM-2014-10-17 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ECM-2014-10-17 (Econometrics)
- NEP-UPT-2014-10-17 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upf:upfgen:1442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.upf.edu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.