On the Non-Contractual Nature of Donor-Recipient Interaction in Development Assistance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mosley, Paul, 1996. "The Failure of Aid and Adjustment Policies in Sub-Saharan Africa: Counter-Examples and Policy Proposals," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 5(3), pages 406-443, October.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 2003. "Contracting for aid," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 25-58, February.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2003. "Why conditional aid does not work and what can be done about it?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 381-402, April.
- Torsvik, Gaute, 2005. "Foreign economic aid; should donors cooperate?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 503-515, August.
- Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2004. "Strategic interaction and donor policy determination," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 311-323.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2000.
"When is foreign aid policy credible? Aid dependence and conditionality,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 61-84, February.
- Svensson, J., 1995. "When Is Foreign Aid Policy Credible? Aid Dependence and Conditionality," Papers 600, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Svensson, Jakob, 1997. "When is foreign aid policy credible : aid dependence and conditionality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1740, The World Bank.
- Svensson, Jakob, 1997. "When is Foreign Aid Policy Credible? - Aid Dependence and Conditionality," Seminar Papers 600, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Tony Addison & S. Mansoob Murshed, 2002.
"Credibility and Reputation in Peacemaking,"
Journal of Peace Research,
Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 39(4), pages 487-501, July.
- Addison, Tony & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2001. "Credibility and Reputation in Peacemaking," WIDER Working Paper Series 045, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Tony Addison & S Mansoob Murshed, 2010. "Credibility and Reputationin Peacemaking," Working Papers id:3288, eSocialSciences.
- Gina Yannitell Reinhardt, 2006. "Shortcuts and Signals: An Analysis of the Micro-level Determinants of Aid Allocation, with Case Study Evidence from Brazil," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 297-312, May.
- Avinash Dixit, 2003. "Some Lessons from Transaction-Cost Politics for Less-Developed Countries," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 107-133, July.
- S. Mansoob Murshed, 2003. "Strategic Interaction, Aid Effectiveness And The Formation Of Aid Policies In Donor Nations," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 28(1), pages 189-203, June.
- Murshed, S Mansoob & Sen, Somnath, 1995. "Aid Conditionality and Military Expenditure Reduction in Developing Countries: Models of Asymmetric Information," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 498-509, March.
More about this item
Keywordsaid; conditionality; contracting; signalling quality; mechanism design;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-11-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2008-11-18 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-DEV-2008-11-18 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2008-71. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .