Shortcuts and Signals: An Analysis of the Micro-level Determinants of Aid Allocation, with Case Study Evidence from Brazil
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baik, Kyung Hwan & Lee, Sanghack, 2000. "Two-Stage Rent-Seeking Contests with Carryovers," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 103(3-4), pages 285-296, June.
- Chau, Nancy H. & Huysentruyt, Marieke, 2006. "Nonprofits and public good provision: A contest based on compromises," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1909-1935, November.
- Gil S. Epstein & Shmuel Nitzan, 2003.
"Political culture and monopoly price determination,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 21(1), pages 1-19, August.
- Gil S. Epstein & Shmuel Nitzan, 2002. "Political Culture and Monopoly Price Determination," CESifo Working Paper Series 646, CESifo Group Munich.
- Epstein, Gil S. & Gang, Ira N., 2002.
"Government and Cities: Contests and the Decentralization of Decision Making,"
IZA Discussion Papers
547, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ira N. Gang & Gil S. Epstein, 2002. "Government and Cities: Contests and the Decentralization of Decision Making," Departmental Working Papers 200215, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Epstein, Gil S & Gang, Ira, 2002. "Government and Cities: Contests and the Decentralization of Decision Making," CEPR Discussion Papers 3585, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gradstein, Mark, 1994. "Efficient Provision of a Discrete Public Good," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(4), pages 877-897, November.
- Konrad, Kai A, 1994. "The Strategic Advantage of Being Poor: Private and Public Provision of Public Goods," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(241), pages 79-92, February.
- Gil S . Epstein & Shmuel Nitzan, 2002. "Endogenous Public Policy, Politicization and Welfare," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 4(4), pages 661-677, October.
- Gil S. Epstein & Shmuel Nitzan, 2002. "Politics of Randomness," CESifo Working Paper Series 803, CESifo Group Munich.
- Richard Allard, 1988. "Rent-seeking with non-identical players," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 57(1), pages 3-14, April.
- Nitzan, Shmuel, 1994. "Modelling rent-seeking contests," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 41-60, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emmanuel Frot & Javier Santiso, 2011.
"Herding in Aid Allocation,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 54-74, February.
- Emmanuel Frot & Javier Santiso, 2009. "Herding in Aid Allocation," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 279, OECD Publishing.
- Frot, Emmanuel & Santiso, Javier, 2009. "Herding in Aid Allocation," SITE Working Paper Series 5, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, revised 02 Oct 2009.
- Riemer P. Faber & Pierre Koning, 2017.
"Why not fully spend a conditional block grant?,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 24(1), pages 60-95, February.
- Riemer Faber & Pierre Koning, 2012. "Why Not Fully Spend a Conditional Block Grant?," CPB Discussion Paper 213, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Faber, Riemer & Koning, Pierre, 2012. "Why Not Fully Spend a Conditional Block Grant?," IZA Discussion Papers 6712, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2008. "On the Non-Contractual Nature of Donor-Recipient Interaction in Development Assistance," WIDER Working Paper Series 071, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Pallas, Sarah Wood & Ruger, Jennifer Prah, 2017. "Effects of donor proliferation in development aid for health on health program performance: A conceptual framework," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 175(C), pages 177-186.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:rdevec:v:10:y:2006:i:2:p:297-312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1363-6669 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .