Financing Utilities: How the Role of the European Investment Bank shifted from regional development to making markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel & Revuelta, Julio, 2014. "Financing utilities: How the role of the European Investment Bank shifted from regional development to making markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 63-71.
- Clifton, Judith & Diaz Fuentes, Daniel & Revuelta, Julio, 2013. "Financing Utilities: How the Role of the European Investment Bank shifted from regional development to making markets," MPRA Paper 50557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dani Rodrik, 2008.
"Goodbye Washington Consensus, Hello Washington Confusion? A Review of the World Banks Economic Growth in the 1990s: Learning from a Decade of Reform,"
Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 55(2), pages 135-156, June.
- Dani Rodrik, 2006. "Goodbye Washington Consensus, Hello Washington Confusion? A Review of the World Bank's Economic Growth in the 1990s: Learning from a Decade of Reform," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 973-987.
- Byatt, Ian, 2013. "The regulation of water services in the UK," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 3-10.
- Graham Bird & Dane Rowlands, 2001. "IMF lending: how is it affected by economic, political and institutional factors?," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 243-270.
- Griffith-Jones, Stephany & Tyson, Judith, 2013. "The European Investment Bank: Lessons for Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 019, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Justin Yifu Lin & David Rosenblatt, 2012.
"Shifting patterns of economic growth and rethinking development,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 171-194, September.
- Lin, Justin Yifu & Rosenblatt, David, 2012. "Shifting patterns of economic growth and rethinking development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6040, The World Bank.
- Harrigan, Jane & Wang, Chengang & El-Said, Hamed, 2006.
"The economic and political determinants of IMF and world bank lending in the Middle East and North Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 247-270, February.
- J Harrigan & C Wang & H El-Said, 2004. "The Economic and Politics Determinants of IMF and World Bank Lending in the Middle East and North Africa," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0411, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Morrison, Kevin M., 2011. "As the World Bank Turns: Determinants of IDA Lending in the Cold War and After," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 1-27, August.
- Galambos, Louis & Milobsky, David, 1995. "Organizing and Reorganizing the World Bank, 1946–1972: A Comparative Perspective," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(02), pages 156-190, June.
- Stephany Griffith-Jones & Matthias Kollatz-Ahnen & Lars Andersen & Signe Hansen, 2012. "Shifting Europe from Austerity to Growth: A Proposed Investment Programme for 2012-2015," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(65-66), pages 107-127, September.
- José M. Alonso & Judith Clifton & Daniel Díaz-Fuentes & Marcos Fernández-Gutiérrez & Julio Revuelta, 2013. "The race for international markets: Were privatized telecommunications incumbents more successful than their public counterparts?," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 215-236, March.
- Morrison Kevin M, 2011. "As the World Bank Turns: Determinants of IDA Lending in the Cold War and After," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 1-29, August.
- Nick Robinson, 2009. "The European Investment Bank: The EU's Neglected Institution," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47, pages 651-673, June.
- Griffith-Jones, Stephany & Tyson, Judith & Calice, Pietro, 2011. "The European Investment Bank and SMEs: key lessons for Latin America and the Caribbean," Financiamiento para el Desarrollo 236, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Orcan Cortuk, 2013. "A disaggregated approach to the determination of government spending multipliers," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 31-45, March.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1995. "Why is there Multilateral Lending?," CEPR Discussion Papers 1207, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Estache, Antonio, 2010. "Infrastructure finance in developing countries: An overview," EIB Papers 8/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Justin Yifu Lin & Xifang Sun & Ye Jiang, 2013. "Endowment, industrial structure, and appropriate financial structure: a new structural economics perspective," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(2), pages 109-122, June.
- Inge Kaul, 2012. "Global Public Goods: Explaining their Underprovision," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 729-750, September.
- Knieps, Gunter, 1993. "Competition, coordination and cooperation : A disaggregated approach to transportation regulation," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 201-207, July.
- Trillas, Francesc, 2010.
"Electricity and telecoms reforms in the EU: Insights from the economics of federalism,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 66-76, June.
- Trillas, Francesc, 2010. "Electricity and telecoms reforms in the EU: Insights from the economics of federalism," IESE Research Papers D/861, IESE Business School.
- Massarutto, Antonio & Ermano, Paolo, 2013. "Drowned in an inch of water," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 20-31.
- William J. Hausman & Mira Wilkins & John L. Neufeld, 2007. "Global Electrification. Multinational Enterprise and International Finance in the History of Light and Power, 1880s-1914," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 58(1), pages 173-190.
- Florio, Massimo, 2013. "Network Industries and Social Welfare: The Experiment that Reshuffled European Utilities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199674855.
- Alacevich, Michele, 2011. "The World Bank and the politics of productivity: the debate on economic growth, poverty, and living standards in the 1950s," Journal of Global History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 53-74, March.
- D. A. Pinder, 1986. "Small Firms, Regional Development and The European Investment Bank," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 171-186, March.
- Judith Clifton & Pierre Lanthier & Harm Schröter, 2011. "Regulating and deregulating the public utilities 1830--2010," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(5), pages 659-672, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:48:y:2017:i:c:p:147-156 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zeilbeck, Severin, 2015. "An investment initiative for fiscally constrained EU member states: The role of synergetic financial instruments," IPE Working Papers 58/2015, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Hausman, William J. & Neufeld, John L. & Schreiber, Till, 2014. "Multilateral and bilateral aid policies and trends in the allocation of electrification aid, 1970–2001," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 54-62.
- Lanthier, Pierre, 2014. "From the Raj to Independence: British investment in the Indian electricity sector," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 44-53.
- Del Bo, Chiara D. & Ferraris, Matteo & Florio, Massimo, 2017. "Governments in the market for corporate control: Evidence from M&A deals involving state-owned enterprises," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 89-109.
More about this item
KeywordsInfrastructure policy. International Financial Institutions. European Investment Bank. Economic Development. European Union.;
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- F53 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - International Agreements and Observance; International Organizations
- G24 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Investment Banking; Venture Capital; Brokerage
- N24 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: 1913-
- N74 - Economic History - - Economic History: Transport, International and Domestic Trade, Energy, and Other Services - - - Europe: 1913-
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .