Central Banks as Agents of Economic Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caprio, Gerard & Honohan, Patrick, 1990. "Monetary policy instruments for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 528, The World Bank.
- Gerald Epstein, 2003. "Alternatives to Inflation Targeting Monetary Policy for Stable and Egalitarian Growth: A Brief Research Summary," Working Papers wp62, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Brimmer, Andrew F, 1971. "Central Banking and Economic Development: The Record of Innovation," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 780-792, November.
- North, Douglass C. & Weingast, Barry R., 1989. "Constitutions and Commitment: The Evolution of Institutions Governing Public Choice in Seventeenth-Century England," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(04), pages 803-832, December.
- Arthur I. Bloomfield, 1957. "Some Problems Of Central Banking In Underdeveloped Countries," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 190-212, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nguena, Christian Lambert, 2010.
"Rethinking Pro-Growth Monetary Policy in Africa: Monetarist versus Keynesian Approach,"
52100, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Dec 2013.
- Christian Lambert Nguena, 2013. "Rethinking Pro-Growth Monetary Policy in Africa: Monetarist versus Keynesian Approach," AAYE Policy Research Working Paper Series 13_001, Association of African Young Economists, revised Nov 2013.
- Gerald Epstein & Ilene Grabel, 2007. "Financial Policy," Publications 3, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Mercedes MarcÃ³ del Pont, 2013. "Introduction: the role of central banks in economic development with an emphasis on the recent Argentinean experience," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 1(3), pages 267-272, January.
- Josh Ryan-Collins, 2015. "Is Monetary Financing Inflationary? A Case Study of the Canadian Economy, 1935-75," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_848, Levy Economics Institute.
- NGUENA, Christian L., 2012. "Pro Growth Monetary Policy in Africa: Monetarist versus Keynesian Approach," MPRA Paper 49410, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Aug 2013.
- Louise Parsons, 2013. "Developments in central banking after the GFC: central banks, the state, globalisation and the GFC," Chapters,in: Globalisation, the Global Financial Crisis and the State, chapter 10, pages 218-242 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancing; institutions; central banks; history; development;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:rp2006-54. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .