Finance and Capital Markets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gorton, Gary, 1985. "Clearinghouses and the Origin of Central Banking in the United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 277-283, June.
- North, Douglass C. & Weingast, Barry R., 1989. "Constitutions and Commitment: The Evolution of Institutions Governing Public Choice in Seventeenth-Century England," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(04), pages 803-832, December.
- John H. Munro, 1998. "English 'Backwardness' and Financial Innovations in Commerce with the Low Countries, 14th to 16th centuries," Working Papers munro-98-06, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Carlos, Ann M. & Key, Jennifer & Dupree, Jill L., 1998. "Learning and the Creation of Stock-Market Institutions: Evidence from the Royal African and Hudson's Bay Companies, 1670–1700," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(02), pages 318-344, June.
- Pollard, Sidney, 1964. "Fixed Capital in the Industrial Revolution in Britain," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(03), pages 299-314, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hoffman, Philip T. & Postel-Vinay, Gilles & Rosenthal, Jean-Laurent, 2015.
"Entry, information, and financial development: A century of competition between French banks and notaries,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 39-57.
- Philip T. Hoffman & Gilles Postel-Vinay & Jean-Laurent Rosenthal, 2015. "Entry, information, and financial development: A century of competition between French banks and notaries," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01207248, HAL.
- Stephan Heblich & Alex Trew, 2015.
"Banking and Industrialization,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
5503, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stephan Heblich & Alex Trew, 2015. "Banking and Industrialization," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201506, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews, revised 01 Dec 2017.
- Stephan Heblich & Alex Trew, 2015. "Banking and Industrialization," CDMA Working Paper Series 201502, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis, revised 01 Dec 2017.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic history; Britain; banking;
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcu:wpaper:200103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (John Harvey). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detcuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.