Goldsmith-Banking: Mutual Acceptance and Interbanker Clearing in Restoration London
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- White, Lawrence H., 1985.
"Accounting for Non-Interest-Bearing Currency: A Critique of the ‘Legal Restrictions’ Theory of Money,"
85-35, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- White, Lawrence H, 1987. "Accounting for Non-interest-Bearing Currency: A Critique of the Legal Restrictions Theory of Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(4), pages 448-56, November.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-37, May.
- Peter Temin, 1968. "The Economic Consequences of the Bank War," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 257.
- Gorton, Gary & Pennacchi, George, 1990. " Financial Intermediaries and Liquidity Creation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 49-71, March.
- North, Douglass C. & Weingast, Barry R., 1989. "Constitutions and Commitment: The Evolution of Institutions Governing Public Choice in Seventeenth-Century England," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(04), pages 803-832, December.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Charles M. Kahn, 1996.
"The efficiency of self-regulated payments systems: learning from the Suffolk System,"
Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 766-803.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1996. "The Efficiency of Self-Regulated Payments Systems: Learning from the Suffolk System," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 766-97, November.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Charles M. Kahn, 1996. "The Efficiency of Self-Regulated Payments Systems: Learning From the Suffolk System," NBER Working Papers 5442, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gorton, Gary, 1996. "Reputation Formation in Early Bank Note Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(2), pages 346-97, April.
- Greif, Avner, 1989. "Reputation and Coalitions in Medieval Trade: Evidence on the Maghribi Traders," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(04), pages 857-882, December.
- Selgin, G.A. & White, L.H., 1993.
"How Would the Invisible Hand Handle Money?,"
380e, Georgia - College of Business Administration, Department of Economics.
- Hoffman, Philip T. & Postel-Vinay, Gilles & Rosenthal, Jean-Laurent, 1995. "Redistribution and Long-Term Private Debt in Paris, 1660–1726," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(02), pages 256-284, June.
- Gorton, Gary, 1985. "Clearinghouses and the Origin of Central Banking in the United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 277-283, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:exehis:v:34:y:1997:i:4:p:411-432. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.