Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles W. Calomiris & Gary Gorton, 1991.
"The Origins of Banking Panics: Models, Facts, and Bank Regulation,"
NBER Chapters,in: Financial Markets and Financial Crises, pages 109-174
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Gary Gorton, "undated". "The Origins of Banking Panics: Models, Facts, and Bank Regulation," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 11-90, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Simon H. Kwan, 1996. "On the relation between stocks and bonds, part I," FRBSF Economic Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue jun28.
- James Aitken & Manmohan Singh, 2009. "Deleveraging After Lehman; Evidence From Reduced Rehypothecation," IMF Working Papers 09/42, International Monetary Fund.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1989. "Business conditions and expected returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 23-49, November.
- Blume, Marshall E & Keim, Donald B & Patel, Sandeep A, 1991. " Returns and Volatility of Low-Grade Bonds: 1977-1989," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 49-74, March.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 1993. "Common risk factors in the returns on stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 3-56, February.
- Gorton, Gary & Mullineaux, Donald J, 1987. "The Joint Production of Confidence: Endogenous Regulation and Nineteenth Century Commercial-Bank Clearinghouses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(4), pages 457-468, November.
- Gorton, Gary, 1988. "Banking Panics and Business Cycles," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(4), pages 751-781, December.
- Kwan, Simon H., 1996. "Firm-specific information and the correlation between individual stocks and bonds," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Peter Hördahl & Michael R King, 2008. "Developments in repo markets during the financial turmoil," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, December.
- Gorton, Gary, 1985. "Clearinghouses and the Origin of Central Banking in the United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 277-283, June.
- Gorton, Gary & Pennacchi, George, 1990. " Financial Intermediaries and Liquidity Creation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 49-71, March.
- Jacob Gyntelberg & Philip Wooldridge, 2008. "Interbank rate fixings during the recent turmoil," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, March.
- Cornell, Bradford & Green, Kevin, 1991. " The Investment Performance of Low-Grade Bond Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(1), pages 29-48, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tobias Adrian & Markus K. Brunnermeier, 2016. "CoVaR," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1705-1741.
- Cochrane, John H., 2011.
"Understanding policy in the great recession: Some unpleasant fiscal arithmetic,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 2-30, January.
- John H. Cochrane, 2010. "Understanding Policy in the Great Recession: Some Unpleasant Fiscal Arithmetic," NBER Working Papers 16087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tommaso Mancini Griffoli & Angelo Ranaldo, 2010.
"Limits to arbitrage during the crisis: funding liquidity constraints and covered interest parity,"
2010-14, Swiss National Bank.
- Mancini Griffoli, Tommaso & Ranaldo, Angelo, 2012. "Limits to Arbitrage during the Crisis: Finding Liquidity Constraints and Covered Interest Parity," Working Papers on Finance 1212, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Tommaso Trani, 2011. "Trade in secured debt, adjustment in haircuts and international portfolios," IHEID Working Papers 13-2011, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Tommaso Trani, 2012. "Funding under Borrowing Limits in International Portfolios," IHEID Working Papers 01-2012, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised 14 Feb 2012.
- Manconi, Alberto & Massa, Massimo & Yasuda, Ayako, 2012. "The role of institutional investors in propagating the crisis of 2007–2008," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 491-518.
- M. Ayhan Kose, 2011. "Review of “This Time is Different: Eight Centuries of Financial Folly by Carmen M. Reinhart and Kenneth S. Rogoff”," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1106, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Claessens, Stijn & Ayhan Kose, M. & Terrones, Marco E., 2010.
"The global financial crisis: How similar? How different? How costly?,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, pages 247-264.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose & Marco E. Terrones, 2010. "The Global Financial Crisis:How Similar? How Different? How Costly?," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1011, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
More about this item
KeywordsBank liquidity ; Financial crises;
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- G1 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2010:i:nov:p:507-520:n:v.92no.6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.