Price Stickiness in Emerging Economies: Empirical Evidence for Four Latin-American Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Dotsey & Robert G. King & Alexander L. Wolman, 1999. "State-Dependent Pricing and the General Equilibrium Dynamics of Money and Output," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(2), pages 655-690.
- Solange Gouvea, 2007. "Price Rigidity in Brazil: Evidence from CPI Micro Data," Working Papers Series 143, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Jenkins, Stephen P, 1995. "Easy Estimation Methods for Discrete-Time Duration Models," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 57(1), pages 129-138, February.
- Daniel Dias & Carlos Robalo Marques & J.M.C.Santos Silva, 2005.
"Time or State Dependent Price Setting Rules? Evidence from Portuguese Micro Data,"
w200508, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Robalo Marques, Carlos & Dias, Daniel & Santos Silva, João M. C., 2005. "Time or state dependent price setting rules? Evidence from Portuguese micro data," Working Paper Series 511, European Central Bank.
- Mark Gertler & Jordi Gali & Richard Clarida, 1999.
"The Science of Monetary Policy: A New Keynesian Perspective,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 1997. "The science of monetary policy: A new Keynesian perspective," Economics Working Papers 356, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Apr 1999.
- Clarida, Richard & Galí, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1999. "The Science of Monetary Policy: A New Keynesian Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 2139, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Clarida, R. & Gali, J. & Gertler, M., 1999. "The Science of Monetary Policy: A New Keynesian Perspective," Working Papers 99-13, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Richard Clarida & Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 1999. "The Science of Monetary Policy: A New Keynesian Perspective," NBER Working Papers 7147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calvo, Guillermo A., 1983. "Staggered prices in a utility-maximizing framework," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 383-398, September.
- Mark Bils & Peter J. Klenow, 2004. "Some Evidence on the Importance of Sticky Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(5), pages 947-985, October.
- Hernando, Ignacio & Álvarez, Luis J., 2004.
"Price setting behaviour in Spain: stylised facts using consumer price micro data,"
Working Paper Series
416, European Central Bank.
- Luis J. Álvarez & Ignacio Hernando, 2004. "Price setting behaviour in Spain: stylised facts using consumer price micro data," Working Papers 0422, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Etienne Gagnon, 2009.
"Price Setting during Low and High Inflation: Evidence from Mexico,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 1221-1263.
- Etienne Gagnon, 2006. "Price Setting during Low and High Inflation: Evidence from Mexico," 2006 Meeting Papers 300, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Etienne Gagnon, 2007. "Price setting during low and high inflation: evidence from Mexico," International Finance Discussion Papers 896, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Josef Baumgartner & Ernst Glatzer & Fabio Rumler & Alfred Stiglbauer, 2005.
"How Frequently Do Consumer Prices Change in Austria? Evidence from Micro CPI Data,"
101, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Baumgartner, Josef & Glatzer, Ernst & Rumler, Fabio & Stiglbauer, Alfred, 2005. "How frequently do consumer prices change in Austria? Evidence from micro CPI data," Working Paper Series 523, European Central Bank.
- Julio J. Rotemberg, 1982. "Monopolistic Price Adjustment and Aggregate Output," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 517-531.
- Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto, 2002. "Inflation Targeting: An Overview," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Norman Loayza & Raimundo Soto & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Series Editor) (ed.), Inflation Targeting: Desing, Performance, Challenges, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 1, pages 001-022 Central Bank of Chile.
- Baudry, L. & Le Bihan, H. & Sevestre, P. & Tarrieu, S., 2004.
"Price Rigidity. Evidence from the French CPI Macro-Data,"
113, Banque de France.
- Sevestre, Patrick & Baudry, Laurent & Le Bihan, Hervé & Tarrieu, Sylvie, 2004. "Price rigidity. Evidence from the French CPI micro-data," Working Paper Series 384, European Central Bank.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-679, June.
- Arto Kovanen, 2006. "Why Do Prices in Sierra Leone Change So Often? A Case Study Using Micro-level Price Data," IMF Working Papers 06/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Aucremanne, Luc & Dhyne, Emmanuel, 2004. "How frequently do prices change? Evidence based on the micro data underlying the Belgian CPI," Working Paper Series 331, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro Gobbi & Tim Willems, 2011. "Identifying US Monetary Policy Shocks through Sign Restrictions in Dollarized Countries," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-145/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Banerjee, Shesadri & Bhattacharya, Rudrani, 2017. "Micro-level Price Setting Behaviour in India: Evidence from Group and Sub-Group Level CPI-IW Data," Working Papers 17/217, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Steffen Ahrens & Stephen Sacht, 2014.
"Estimating a high-frequency New-Keynesian Phillips curve,"
Springer, vol. 46(2), pages 607-628, March.
- Ahrens, Steffen & Sacht, Stephen, 2011. "Estimating a high-frequency New Keynesian Phillips curve," Economics Working Papers 2011-08, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Ahrens, Steffen & Sacht, Stephen, 2011. "Estimating a high-frequency New-Keynesian Phillips curve," Kiel Working Papers 1686, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Tim Willems, 2010. "What are the Effects of Monetary Policy Shocks? Evidence from Dollarized Countries," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 10-099/2, Tinbergen Institute, revised 25 Mar 2013.
- Willems, Tim, 2013. "Analyzing the effects of US monetary policy shocks in dollarized countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 101-115.
- Tim Willems, 2011. "Using Dollarized Countries to Analyze the Effects of US Monetary Policy Shocks," 2011 Meeting Papers 200, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Parantap Basu & Shesadri Banerjee, 2015. "Role of IST and TFP Shocks in Business Cycle Fluctuations: The Case of India," CEGAP Working Papers 2015_04, Durham University Business School.
More about this item
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:udc:wpaper:wp286. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mohit Karnani). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuclcl.html .