School Quality and Property Values: Re-examining the Boundary Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Haurin, Donald R. & Brasington, David, 1996. "School Quality and Real House Prices: Inter- and Intrametropolitan Effects," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 351-368, December.
- Downes, Thomas A. & Zabel, Jeffrey E., 2002. "The impact of school characteristics on house prices: Chicago 1987-1991," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-25, July.
- Gibbons, Steve & Machin, Stephen, 2003. "Valuing English primary schools," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 197-219, March.
- Reback, Randall, 2005. "House prices and the provision of local public services: capitalization under school choice programs," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 275-301, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Stadelmann & Reiner Eichenberger, 2014. "Public debts capitalize into property prices: empirical evidence for a new perspective on debt incidence," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 21(3), pages 498-529, June.
- Nguyen-Hoang, Phuong & Yinger, John, 2011. "The capitalization of school quality into house values: A review," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 30-48, March.
- Stadelmann, David, 2010.
"Which factors capitalize into house prices? A Bayesian averaging approach,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 180-204, September.
- David Stadelmann, 2009. "Which Factors Capitalize into House Prices? A Bayesian Averaging Approach," CREMA Working Paper Series 2009-10, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Stephen Billings & Eric Brunner & Stephen Ross, 2014.
"The Housing and Educational Consequences of the School Choice Provisions of NCLB: Evidence from Charlotte, NC,"
2014-017, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Stephen Billings & Eric J. Brunner & Stephen L. Ross, 2014. "The Housing and Educational Consequences of the School Choice Provisions of NCLB: Evidence from Charlotte, NC," Working papers 2014-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsSchool District Performance; Housing Price; District Boundaries; Boundary Uncertainty; Test Scores; Omitted Neighborhood Attributes.;
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- R2 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis
- R5 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-LTV-2009-11-27 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-URE-2009-11-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uct:uconnp:2009-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark McConnel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deuctus.html .