Do Charter Schools Affect Property Values?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- West, Edwin G & Palsson, Halldor, 1988. "Parental Choice of School Characteristics: Estimation Using State-Wide Data," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(4), pages 725-740, October.
- Reback, Randall, 2005. "House prices and the provision of local public services: capitalization under school choice programs," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 275-301, March.
- Haurin, Donald R. & Brasington, David, 1996. "School Quality and Real House Prices: Inter- and Intrametropolitan Effects," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 351-368, December.
- G. Donald Jud & James M. Watts, 1981. "Schools and Housing Values," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(3), pages 459-470.
- Clapp, John M. & Nanda, Anupam & Ross, Stephen L., 2008.
"Which school attributes matter? The influence of school district performance and demographic composition on property values,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 451-466, March.
- John M. Clapp & Anupam Nanda & Stephen L. Ross, 2005. "Which School Attributes Matter? The Influence of School District Performance and Demographic Composition on Property Values," Working papers 2005-26, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2007.
- Card, David & Krueger, Alan B, 1992.
"Does School Quality Matter? Returns to Education and the Characteristics of Public Schools in the United States,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 1-40, February.
- David Card & Alan B. Krueger, 1990. "Does School Quality Matter? Returns to Education and the Characteristics of Public Schools in the United States," Working Papers 645, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David Card & Alan Krueger, 1990. "Does School Quality Matter? Returns to Education and the Characteristics of Public Schools in the United States," NBER Working Papers 3358, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Bayer & Fernando Ferreira & Robert McMillan, 2007.
"A Unified Framework for Measuring Preferences for Schools and Neighborhoods,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(4), pages 588-638, August.
- Bayer, Patrick & Ferreira, Fernando & McMillan, Robert, 2003. "A Unified Framework for Measuring Preferences for Schools and Neighborhoods," Center Discussion Papers 28513, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Patrick Bayer & Fernando Ferreira & Robert McMillan, 2007. "A Unified Framework for Measuring Preferences for Schools and Neighborhoods," Working Papers 07-27, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Patrick Bayer & Fernando Ferreira & Robert McMillan, 2007. "A Unified Framework for Measuring Preferences for Schools and Neighborhoods," NBER Working Papers 13236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Do, A Quang & Wilbur, Robert W & Short, James L, 1994. "An Empirical Examination of the Externalities of Neighborhood Churches on Housing Values," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 127-136, September.
- William N. Evans & Robert M. Schwab, 1995. "Finishing High School and Starting College: Do Catholic Schools Make a Difference?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(4), pages 941-974.
- Cecilia Elena Rouse, 1998. "Private School Vouchers and Student Achievement: An Evaluation of the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(2), pages 553-602.
- Kathy J. Hayes & Lori L. Taylor, 1996. "Neighborhood school characteristics: what signals quality to homebuyers?," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q IV, pages 2-9.
- Horowitz, John B. & Spector, Lee, 2005. "Is there a difference between private and public education on college performance?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 189-195, April.
- Donald Haurin & David Brasington, 1996. "The Impact of School Quality on Real House Prices: Interjurisdictional Effects," Working Papers 010, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Dee, Thomas S., 1998. "Competition and the quality of public schools," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 419-427, October.
- Goldhaber, Dan D., 1996. "Public and private high schools: Is school choice an answer to the productivity problem?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 93-109, April.
- Henry Levin & Cyrus Driver, 1997. "Cost of an Educational Voucher System," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 265-283.
- Jeffrey R. Henig & Jason A. MacDonald, 2002. "Locational Decisions of Charter Schools: Probing the Market Metaphor," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 83(4), pages 962-980, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schwartz, Amy Ellen & Voicu, Ioan & Horn, Keren Mertens, 2014.
"Do choice schools break the link between public schools and property values? Evidence from house prices in New York City,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1-10.
- Amy Ellen Schwartz & Ioan Voicu & Keren Mertens Horn, 2014. "Do Choice Schools Break the Link Between Public Schools and Property Values? Evidence from House Prices in New York City," Working Papers 2014_03, University of Massachusetts Boston, Economics Department.
- repec:mab:wpaper:23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andreyeva, Elena & Patrick, Carlianne, 2017. "Paying for priority in school choice: Capitalization effects of charter school admission zones," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 19-32.
More about this item
- H75 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Government: Health, Education, and Welfare
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bsu:wpaper:200707. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tung Liu). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debsuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.