The Effect of Immigrant Selection and the IT Bust on the Entry Earnings of Immigrants
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baker, Michael & Benjamin, Dwayne, 1994. "The Performance of Immigrants in the Canadian Labor Market," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(3), pages 369-405, July.
- Ana Ferrer & W. Craig Riddell, 2008. "Education, credentials, and immigrant earnings," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(1), pages 186-216, February.
- Aydemir, Abdurrahman & Robinson, Chris, 2006. "Return and Onward Migration Among Working Age Men," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2006273e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Sweetman, Arthur, 2004. "Immigrant Source Country Educational Quality and Canadian Labour Market Outcomes," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2004234e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- James Ted McDonald & Christopher Worswick, 1998. "The Earnings of Immigrant Men in Canada: Job Tenure, Cohort, and Macroeconomic Conditions," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 51(3), pages 465-482, April.
- David E. Bloom & Morley Gunderson, 1991.
"An Analysis of the Earnings of Canadian Immigrants,"
NBER Chapters,in: Immigration, Trade, and the Labor Market, pages 321-342
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Bloom & Morley Gunderson, 1989. "An Analysis of the Earnings of Canadian Immigrants," NBER Working Papers 3035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mary L. Grant, 1999. "Evidence of New Immigrant Assimilation in Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 930-955, August.
- Hou, Feng & Picot, Garnett, 2003. "The Rise in Low-income Rates Among Immigrants in Canada," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2003198e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Ana Ferrer & David A. Green & W. Craig Riddell, 2006. "The Effect of Literacy on Immigrant Earnings," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 41(2).
- Peter S. Li, 2003. "Initial Earnings and Catch-Up Capacity of Immigrants," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 29(3), pages 319-337, September.
- Joseph Schaafsma & Arthur Sweetman, 2001. "Immigrant earnings: age at immigration matters," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(4), pages 1066-1099, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehtap Akguc & Ana Ferrer, 2015.
"Educational Attainment and Labor Market Performance: An Analysis of Immigrants in France,"
1505, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Feb 2015.
- Akgüc, Mehtap & Ferrer, Ana, 2015. "Educational Attainment and Labor Market Performance: An Analysis of Immigrants in France," IZA Discussion Papers 8925, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Akguc, Mehtap & Ferrer, Ana, 2015. "Educational Attainment and Labor Market Performance: an Analysis of Immigrants in France," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2015-11, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 07 Jul 2015.
- Alicia Adsera & Ana Ferrer, 2014.
"Labour Market Progression of Canadian Immigrant Women,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
1434, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Adsera, Alicia & Ferrer, Ana, 2014. "Labour Market Progression of Canadian Immigrant Women," IZA Discussion Papers 8407, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Warman, Casey & Worswick, Christopher, 2014. "Technological Change and Declining Immigrant Outcomes, Implications for Income Inequality in Canada," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2014-51, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Nov 2014.
- Ana M. Ferrer & Garnett Picot & William Craig Riddell, 2014.
"New Directions in Immigration Policy: Canada's Evolving Approach to the Selection of Economic Immigrants,"
International Migration Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(3), pages 846-867, September.
- Ferrer, Ana & Picot, Garnett & Riddell, W. Craig, 2014. "New Directions in Immigration Policy: Canada's Evolving Approach to the Selection of Economic Immigrants," IZA Discussion Papers 8682, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsimmigration; earnings; high tech; immigrants;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2009-07-11 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2009-07-11 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ubc:clssrn:clsrn_admin-2009-37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vivian Tran). General contact details of provider: http://www.clsrn.econ.ubc.ca/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.