Intangible assets and competitiveness in Spain: an approach based on trademark registration data in Catalonia (1850-1946)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giovanni B. Ramello, 2006.
"What'S In A Sign ? Trademark Law And Economic Theory,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(4), pages 547-565, September.
- Ramello, Giovanni, 2006. "What's in a sign? Trademark law and enconomic theory," POLIS Working Papers 67, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Nuria Puig, 2003. "The Search for Identity: Spanish Perfume in the International Market," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 90-118.
- Duguid, Paul, 2003. "Developing the Brand: The Case of Alcohol, 1800â€“1880," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 405-441, September.
- da Silva Lopes, Teresa & Casson, Mark, 2007. "Entrepreneurship and the Development of Global Brands," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 81(4), pages 651-680, January.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Teresa da Silva Lopes, 2002. "Brands and the Evolution of Multinationals in Alcoholic Beverages," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 1-30.
- Landes, William M & Posner, Richard A, 1987. "Trademark Law: An Economic Perspective," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 265-309, October.
- PÃ©rez, Paloma FernÃ¡ndez & Raposo, NÃºria Puig, 2007. "Bonsais in a Wild Forest? A Historical Interpretation of the Longevity of Large Spanish Family Firms," Revista de Historia Económica / Journal of Iberian and Latin American Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 459-497, January.
- Lopes, Teresa da Silva, 2003. "The Growth and Survival of Multinationals in the Global Alcoholic Beverages Industry," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 592-598, December.
- Teresa da Silva Lopes & Mark Casson, 2007. "Entrepreneurship, Brands and the Development of Global Business," Working Papers 2, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Ramon Ramon Munoz, 2010. "Product differentiation and entry barriers: Mediterranean export firms in the American markets for olive oil prior to World War II," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(3), pages 390-416.
- Jose Luis Garcia Ruiz, 2007. "Cultural resistance and the gradual emergence of modern marketing and retailing practices in Spain, 1950-1975," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(3), pages 367-384.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Stefan Schwarzkopf, 2008. "Turning Trade Marks into Brands: how Advertising Agencies Created Brands in the Global Market Place, 1900-1930," Working Papers 18, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Roger Feldman & Félix Lobo, 2013. "Competition in prescription drug markets: the roles of trademarks, advertising, and generic names," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(4), pages 667-675, August.
- Castaldi, Carolina, 2018. "To trademark or not to trademark: The case of the creative and cultural industries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 606-616.
- Dirk Crass & Franz Schwiebacher, 2017. "The importance of trademark protection for product differentiation and innovation," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 44(2), pages 199-220, June.
- Gian Luca Gregori & Silvia Cardinali & Meri Travaglini, 2013. "Imprese calzaturiere e competitività nel mercato mondiale: il caso di una media luxury brand company," MERCATI E COMPETITIVIT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(3), pages 151-168.
- Crass, Dirk & Schwiebacher, Franz, 2013. "Do trademarks diminish the substitutability of products in innovative knowledge-intensive services?," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-061, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- repec:lue:wpaper:332 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikolas Zolas & Travis J. Lybbert & Prantik Bhattacharyya, 2013. "An ‘Algorithmic Links With Probabilities’ Concordance For Trademarks: For Disaggregated Analysis Of Trademark & Economic Data," Working Papers 13-49, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Giovanni B. Ramello, 2016. "The past, present and future of comparative law and economics," Chapters, in: Theodore Eisenberg & Giovanni B. Ramello (ed.), Comparative Law and Economics, chapter 1, pages 3-22, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Patricio Saiz & Jose Luis Zofio, 2020. "The Making and Consolidation of the First National Trademark System: Diffusion of Trademarks across Spanish Regions (1850â€“1920)," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 2060, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Dec 2020.
- Travis J. Lybbert & Nikolas J. Zolas & Prantik Bhattacharyya, 2014.
"An "Algorithmic Links with Probabilities" Concordance for Trademarks For Disaggregated Analysis of Trademark and Economic Data,"
WIPO Economic Research Working Papers
14, World Intellectual Property Organization - Economics and Statistics Division.
- Travis J. Lybbert & Nikolas J. Zolas & Prantik Bhattacharyya, 2014. "Concordance for Trademarks: Algorithmic Links with Probabilities (ALP) Industry Level-to-Trademark (NICE Level) Crosswalk," WIPO Economics & Statistics Related Resources 5, World Intellectual Property Organization - Economics and Statistics Division, revised May 2014.
- Crass, Dirk, 2014. "Which firms use trademarks - and why? Representative firm-level evidence from Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-118, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Paul Duguid & Teresa da Silva Lopes & John Mercer, 2008. "Shifting Patterns in Marks and Registration: France, the United States and United Kingdom, 1870-1970," Working Papers 21, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Sakakibara, Mariko, 1997. "Evaluating government-sponsored R&D consortia in Japan: who benefits and how?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 447-473, December.
- Pedro M. Gardete & Liang Guo, 2021. "Prepurchase Information Acquisition and Credible Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 67(3), pages 1696-1717, March.
- Mateusz Zawisza & Bogumil Kaminski, 2013. "Price patterns in an oligopoly with switching cost and uncertain demand," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Technology, Institute of Organization and Management, vol. 3, pages 71-89.
- Laura Birg, 2015.
"Externalities of National Pharmaceutical Policy when Markets are Integrated through Parallel Trade,"
Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 558-574, August.
- Birg, Laura, 2013. "Externalities of national pharmaceutical policy when markets are integrated through parallel trade," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 178, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Birg, Laura, 2013. "Externalities of national pharmaceutical policy when markets are integrated through parallel trade," VfS Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79720, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Audretsch, David B. & Baumol, William J. & Burke, Andrew E., 2001. "Competition policy in dynamic markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 613-634, April.
- Muriel Perrino & Nathalie Rubio, 2005. "What Anti-Dilution Law Should Learn from the Informative View of Advertising," CAE Working Papers 36, Aix-Marseille Université, CERGAM.
- Ghafele, Roya & Vanderslott, Samantha, 2011. "Trademarks as Fictitious Commodities: An Erosion of the Public Interest? An Assessment of the use of trademarks over urban space at the example of London’s Regent Street and Paris’ Champs-Elysées," MPRA Paper 36321, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefania Ottone, 2008. "Are people Samaritans or Avengers?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(10), pages 1-3.
More about this item
KeywordsIntangible assets; Trade Marks; Brands; Catalonia; Spain.;
All these keywords.
- N80 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N83 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N84 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: 1913-
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2009-05-16 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-HIS-2009-05-16 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MKT-2009-05-16 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uam:wpapeh:200901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricio Sáiz). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dauames.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.