Intangible assets and competitiveness in Spain: an approach based on trademark registration data in Catalonia (1850-1946)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nuria Puig, 2003. "The Search for Identity: Spanish Perfume in the International Market," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 90-118.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Teresa da Silva Lopes, 2002. "Brands and the Evolution of Multinationals in Alcoholic Beverages," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 1-30.
- Landes, William M & Posner, Richard A, 1987. "Trademark Law: An Economic Perspective," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 265-309, October.
- Pérez, Paloma Fernández & Raposo, Núria Puig, 2007. "Bonsais in a Wild Forest? A Historical Interpretation of the Longevity of Large Spanish Family Firms," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 459-497, January.
- Lopes, Teresa da Silva, 2003. "The Growth and Survival of Multinationals in the Global Alcoholic Beverages Industry," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(04), pages 592-598, December.
- Jose Luis Garcia Ruiz, 2007. "Cultural resistance and the gradual emergence of modern marketing and retailing practices in Spain, 1950-1975," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(3), pages 367-384.
- Giovanni B. Ramello, 2006.
"What'S In A Sign ? Trademark Law And Economic Theory,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(4), pages 547-565, September.
- Ramello, Giovanni, 2006. "What's in a sign? Trademark law and enconomic theory," POLIS Working Papers 67, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Duguid, Paul, 2003. "Developing the Brand: The Case of Alcohol, 1800–1880," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 405-441, September.
- da Silva Lopes, Teresa & Casson, Mark, 2007. "Entrepreneurship and the Development of Global Brands," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 81(04), pages 651-680, December.
- Teresa da Silva Lopes & Mark Casson, 2007. "Entrepreneurship, Brands and the Development of Global Business," Working Papers 2, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Ramon Ramon Munoz, 2010. "Product differentiation and entry barriers: Mediterranean export firms in the American markets for olive oil prior to World War II," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(3), pages 390-416.
More about this item
KeywordsIntangible assets; Trade Marks; Brands; Catalonia; Spain.;
- N80 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N83 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N84 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: 1913-
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2009-05-16 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2009-05-16 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MKT-2009-05-16 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uam:wpapeh:200901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricio Sáiz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauames.html .