Intangible assets and competitiveness in Spain: an approach based on trademark registration data in Catalonia (1850-1946)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nuria Puig, 2003. "The Search for Identity: Spanish Perfume in the International Market," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(3), pages 90-118.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Teresa da Silva Lopes, 2002. "Brands and the Evolution of Multinationals in Alcoholic Beverages," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 1-30.
- Landes, William M & Posner, Richard A, 1987. "Trademark Law: An Economic Perspective," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(2), pages 265-309, October.
- PÃ©rez, Paloma FernÃ¡ndez & Raposo, NÃºria Puig, 2007. "Bonsais in a Wild Forest? A Historical Interpretation of the Longevity of Large Spanish Family Firms," Revista de Historia Económica, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 459-497, January.
- Lopes, Teresa da Silva, 2003. "The Growth and Survival of Multinationals in the Global Alcoholic Beverages Industry," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 592-598, December.
- Jose Luis Garcia Ruiz, 2007. "Cultural resistance and the gradual emergence of modern marketing and retailing practices in Spain, 1950-1975," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(3), pages 367-384.
- Giovanni B. Ramello, 2006.
"What'S In A Sign ? Trademark Law And Economic Theory,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(4), pages 547-565, September.
- Ramello, Giovanni, 2006. "What's in a sign? Trademark law and enconomic theory," POLIS Working Papers 67, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Duguid, Paul, 2003. "Developing the Brand: The Case of Alcohol, 1800â€“1880," Enterprise & Society, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 405-441, September.
- da Silva Lopes, Teresa & Casson, Mark, 2007. "Entrepreneurship and the Development of Global Brands," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 81(4), pages 651-680, January.
- Teresa da Silva Lopes & Mark Casson, 2007. "Entrepreneurship, Brands and the Development of Global Business," Working Papers 2, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Ramon Ramon Munoz, 2010. "Product differentiation and entry barriers: Mediterranean export firms in the American markets for olive oil prior to World War II," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 52(3), pages 390-416.
More about this item
KeywordsIntangible assets; Trade Marks; Brands; Catalonia; Spain.;
- N80 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - General, International, or Comparative
- N83 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N84 - Economic History - - Micro-Business History - - - Europe: 1913-
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2009-05-16 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-HIS-2009-05-16 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MKT-2009-05-16 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uam:wpapeh:200901. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricio Sáiz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dauames.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.