Externalities of national pharmaceutical policy when markets are integrated through parallel trade
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Laura Birg, 2015. "Externalities of National Pharmaceutical Policy when Markets are Integrated through Parallel Trade," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 558-574, August.
- Birg, Laura, 2013. "Externalities of national pharmaceutical policy when markets are integrated through parallel trade," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79720, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Szymanski, Stefan & Valletti, Tommaso, 2005.
"Parallel Trade, International Exhaustion and Intellectual Property Rights: A Welfare Analysis,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5022, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tommaso Valletti & Stefan Szymanski, 2006. "Parallel Trade, International Exhaustion and Intellectual Property Rights: A Welfare Analysis," CEIS Research Paper 75, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Granlund, David & Yesim Köksal, Miyase, 2011. "EU Enlargement, Parallel Trade and Price Competition in Pharmaceuticals - What’s to Blame? Derogation or Perception?," Umeå Economic Studies 831, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Yongmin Chen & Keith Maskus, 2005. "Vertical Pricing and Parallel Imports," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 1-18.
- Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2010.
"Commodity taxation and parallel imports,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(1-2), pages 153-162, February.
- Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2007. "Commodity Taxation and Parallel Imports," CEPR Discussion Papers 6580, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raimondos-Møller, Pascalis & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2007. "Commodity Taxation and Parallel Imports," Working Papers 04-2007, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Keith E. Maskus & Yongmin Chen, 2004.
"Vertical Price Control and Parallel Imports: Theory and Evidence,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 551-570, September.
- Maskus, Keith E. & Yongmin Chen, 2000. "Vertical price control and parallel imports - theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2461, The World Bank.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1982.
"Product Differentiation Advantages of Pioneering Brands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 349-365, June.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1980. "Product differentiation advantages of pioneering brands," Working papers 1140-80., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Holmas, Tor Helge & Straume, Odd Rune, 2011.
"Reference pricing, competition, and pharmaceutical expenditures: Theory and evidence from a natural experiment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 624-638.
- Brekke, Kurt R. & Holmas, Tor Helge & Straume, Odd Rune, 2011. "Reference pricing, competition, and pharmaceutical expenditures: Theory and evidence from a natural experiment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 624-638, August.
- Kurt R. Brekke & Tor Helge Holmås & Odd Rune Straume, 2010. "Reference Pricing, Competition, and Pharmaceutical Expenditures: Theory and Evidence from a Natural Experiment," CESifo Working Paper Series 3258, CESifo Group Munich.
- Aysegul Timur & Gabriel Picone & Jeffrey DeSimone, 2011.
"Has the European union achieved a single pharmaceutical market?,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 223-244, December.
- Aysegul Timur & Gabriel Picone & Jeffrey S. DeSimone, 2010. "Has the European Union Achieved a Single Pharmaceutical Market?," NBER Working Papers 16261, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Granlund, David & Yesim Köksal, Miyase, 2011. "EU Enlargement, Parallel Trade and Price Competition in Pharmaceuticals. What's blame? Derogation or perception?," Working Papers in Economics 499, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Ganslandt, Mattias & Maskus, Keith E., 2007.
"Vertical distribution, parallel trade, and price divergence in integrated markets,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 943-970, May.
- Ganslandt, Mattias & Maskus, Keith E., 2005. "Vertical Distribution, Parallel Trade, and Price Divergence in Integrated Markets," Working Paper Series 639, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Tommaso M. Valletti & Stefan Szymanski, 2006. "PARALLEL TRADE, INTERNATIONAL EXHAUSTION AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: A WELFARE ANALYSIS -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(4), pages 499-526, December.
- Izabela Jelovac & Catalina Bordoy, 2005. "Pricing and Welfare Implications of Parallel Imports in the Pharmaceutical Industry," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-21, January.
- Pecorino, Paul, 2002. "Should the US allow prescription drug reimports from Canada?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 699-708, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-16-00227 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsexternalities; spillovers; parallel trade; cost-sharing; coinsurance rates;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2013-12-29 (Health Economics)
- NEP-INT-2013-12-29 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cegedp:178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cdgoede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.