Pareto versus lognormal: a maximum entropy test
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- De Fabritiis, G. & Pammolli, F. & Riccaboni, M., 2003. "On size and growth of business firms," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 38-44.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giorgio Fazio & Marco Modica, 2015. "Pareto Or Log-Normal? Best Fit And Truncation In The Distribution Of All Cities," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(5), pages 736-756, November.
- Jakub Growiec & Fabio Pammolli & Massimo Riccaboni, 2011.
"Innovation and Corporate Dynamics: A Theoretical Framework,"
DISA Working Papers
2011/08, Department of Computer and Management Sciences, University of Trento, Italy, revised 29 Jul 2011.
- Massimo, Riccaboni & Jakub, Growiec & Fabio, Pammolli, 2011. "Innovation and Corporate Dynamics: A Theoretical Framework," MPRA Paper 30046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:phsmap:v:481:y:2017:i:c:p:265-275 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bee, Marco & Riccaboni, Massimo & Schiavo, Stefano, 2017.
"Where Gibrat meets Zipf: Scale and scope of French firms,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 481(C), pages 265-275.
- MArco Bee & Massimo Riccaboni & Stefano Schiavo, 2014. "Where Gibrat meets Zipf: Scale and Scope of French Firms," DEM Discussion Papers 2014/03, Department of Economics and Management.
- Bee, Marco & Riccaboni, Massimo & Schiavo, Stefano, 2013. "The size distribution of US cities: Not Pareto, even in the tail," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 232-237.
- Jovanovic, Franck & Schinckus, Christophe, 2017. "Econophysics and Financial Economics: An Emerging Dialogue," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780190205034.
- Fazio, Giorgio & Modica, Marco, 2012.
"Pareto or log-normal? A recursive-truncation approach to the distribution of (all) cities,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2012-54, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Giorgio Fazio & Marco Modica, 2012. "Pareto or log-normal? A recursive-truncation approach to the distribution of (all) cities," Working Papers 2012_10, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
More about this item
KeywordsPareto distribution; power-law; lognormal distribution; maximum entropy; firm size; international trade;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trn:utwpde:1102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luciano Andreozzi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detreit.html .