Thermodynamic Limits of Macroeconomic or Financial Models: One-and Two-Parameter Poisson-Dirichlet Models
This paper examines asymptotic behavior of two types of economic or financial models with manyinteracting heterogeneous agents. They are one-parameter Poisson-Dirichlet models, also called Ewens models, and its extension totwo-parameter Poisson-Dirichlet models. The total number of clusters, and the components of partition vectors (thenumberof clustersofspecified sizes),both suitably normalizedby some powers of model sizes, of these classes of models are shown tobe related to the Mittag-Letter distributions. Theirbehavior as the model sizes tend to infinity(thermodynamic limits) are qualitatively very different.Inthe one-parametermodels,thenumberof clusters, and components of partition vectors are both self-averaging, that is,their coefficients of variations tend to zero as the model sizes become very large, while in the two-parameter models they are not self-averaging, that is,their coefficients of variations do not tend to zeroasmodel sizesbecomes large.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033|
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989.
"A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction,"
UWO Department of Economics Working Papers
8904, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1990. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," NBER Working Papers 3223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, Philippe & Howitt, Peter, 1992. "A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Scholarly Articles 12490578, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1990. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," DELTA Working Papers 90-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Working papers 527, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Zhi-Feng Huang & Sorin Solomon, 2000.
"Power, Levy, Exponential and Gaussian Regimes in Autocatalytic Financial Systems,"
- Zhi-Feng Huang, Sorin Solomon*, 2001. "Power, Levy, Exponential and Gaussian Regimes in Autocatalytic Financial Systems," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 12, Society for Computational Economics.
- Masanao Aoki, 2002.
"Open Models of Share Markets with Two Dominant Types of Participants,"
UCLA Economics Online Papers
107, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Aoki, Masanao, 2002. "Open models of share markets with two dominant types of participants," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 199-216, October.
- Masanao Aoki & Hiroshi Yoshikawa, 2006. "Stock Prices and the Real Economy: Power Law versus Exponential Distributions," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 1(1), pages 45-73, May.
- Iwai, Katsuhito, 2000. "A contribution to the evolutionary theory of innovation, imitation and growth," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 167-198, October.
- Devroye, Luc, 1993. "A triptych of discrete distributions related to the stable law," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 349-351, December.
- Masanao Aoki, 2000. "Cluster Size Distribution of Economics Agents of Many Types in Market," UCLA Economics Online Papers 102, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Canning, D. & Amaral, L. A. N. & Lee, Y. & Meyer, M. & Stanley, H. E., 1998. "Scaling the volatility of GDP growth rates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 335-341, September.
- U. Garibaldi & D. Costantini & P. Viarengo, 2004. "A Finitary Characterization Of The Ewens Sampling Formula," Advances in Complex Systems (ACS), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(02), pages 265-284.
- De Fabritiis, G. & Pammolli, F. & Riccaboni, M., 2003.
"On size and growth of business firms,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 324(1), pages 38-44.
- Sutton, John, 2002. "The variance of firm growth rates: the ‘scaling’ puzzle," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 312(3), pages 577-590.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2006cf445. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.